how do you get your game back?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by idk, May 14, 2011.

1. idk

idk New Member

when I was younger I seemed to have a much better way with the lady's and the last 3 relationships I have been in have lasted over 1 year. I wasn't single for long in between those 3 so I have not been out looking for girls.

Now I'm 22 and from the time I was in high school to being young adults I feel like I'm in the dark. I don't know how to approach, talk or act around girls my age anymore. all my girlfriends have been about 1 year younger then me and unfortunately we have never went out in a lot of big groups and mingled with people my own age ( mostly because we weren't 21 )

I just recently broke up with my last girlfriend I was with for 2 years and I'm starting to feel like I need to start meeting girls more for the future instead of just messing around with stupid pointless relationships?

so my main question is how do I find out what kind of game it takes for me to get back into having choices on which girl I want to get to know? I know everyone has a different personality and different styles and looks which takes a completely different game then the other guys but I need to figure out whats comfortable to me.

Most my life I have been very shy and more on the quite side. I always had the lady's wanting to hang out and thought I was cute and this and that but now I'm a lot older and haven't spent a lot of time around other girls and I'm not sure how to approach them anymore.

I know the number one thing is to have confidence but that's probably what I'm lacking the most. I always end up saying something dumb or awkward and you can tell right away when the mood is killed which has now killed my confidence.

This may be something that's not even a question and I need to figure out on my own but if any of you have been through this or had no game and then discovered what works best for you please throw me some advice.

2. HardRocker

Gold Member

Forget the "game" part because that doesn't work so much with experienced adult women. Your best strategy is to just meet people and engage them; guys, girls, just make friends and expand your network. Join a club or two, talk to people you meet. Soon you'll find you're friends with a girl and that you both enjoy each other's company.

Going out to bars looking for chicks doesn't work too well. Some guys can do it, but they aren't finding what you're looking for. I met my wife at work when I was 23 and we were friends. We got married 6 years later. That was almost 27 years ago.

3. nurseharley

Gold Member

watch how stella got her groove back.

dumb and awkward is extremely endearing, at least to me. just be yourself, dont force anything but don't be afraid to take a chance. if there's someone youre interested in just go up and say hi and be nice and see what goes from there.

rejection can suck but at least you've tried :)

4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Sage comments there HR.
    Ditto all that but most of all imho is just be yourself.
    Sure you may be shy and need to get out more but don't even try bravado crap, it's a total turn off as everyone sees through that ploy.
    Also we all say dumb things but if you keep talking it should not be a show stopper.
    The one sure thing tho' with girls is if you can make them laugh then you are on the way to being a winner

5. too_thick

too_thick Member

Dress good & work out.