How do you feel about 1%ers?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 33stack, May 3, 2014.

1. 33stack

Gold Member

I know the general public has a negative image of us due to how we are portrayed in the media. I was wondering how you all feel about 1%ers, or motorcycle clubs in general. Negative? Positive? Maybe a turn on?

2. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Wtf is a 1%er?

oldkid likes this.
  3. AtkCCC

Gold Member

Spent years as a 3 Patch, not 1%'er but not AMA either. Like being an independent now. Fits my lifestyle better now that I'm older.

33stack likes this.
  4. 33stack

Gold Member

Years ago there was a motorcycle rally where a riot broke out. The town was tore up pretty good. The citizens had a townhall meeting and wanted to ban all motorcycle riders from the town. The Sherriff said that" 99% of motorcycle enthusiests are law abiding citizens. The other 1% are the outlaws". He didn't want all bikers banned because they were a large part of tourist money. If you google "Hollister Riot" it tells the story a little better. Anyway the outlaw clubs adopted the 1%er title to distinguish us from the rest of the clubs. You can spot us by our colors. We have a 1%er patch in a diamond shape. My club wears it on our left front breast portion of our vest. We also have it tattooed on us. It's a lifetime commitment.

5. 33stack

Gold Member

I know, at my age it is very challenging at times. lol

AtkCCC likes this.
  6. AtkCCC

Gold Member

I think we both know that while stuff did happen during the rally, most if not all of the photos were staged. But yeah the story of how 1%'ers came into being has basis in Hollister among other events.

33stack likes this.
  7. HotForHoney

Gold Member

So, you can't "get out"?

8. 33stack

Gold Member

Eventually I can retire, other than that, well, it can be pretty messy. In a word, no. I can't just quit with out ramifications.

9. 33stack

Gold Member

I know right. There are 3 or 4 versions. lol

AtkCCC likes this.
  10. oldkid

To each his or her own. Everyone needs something to hold onto besides their genitals.:D

11. HotForHoney

Gold Member

What hAppens if you miss a few rides/events and just phase yourself out?

oldkid likes this.
  12. 33stack

Gold Member

LOL. u R kidding right? Seriously this is a very tight brotherhood. I wouldn't want to ever try to leave it. There is a long, tough road to become a patchholder in a serious 1%er MC. You go through more than most men would or could tolerate. It is a unforgiving world, however, my brothers would take a bullet for me and I for them. We say that we are our brothers keeper. He comes first before anything, even myself. A good website for citizens to learn about 1%ers or other clubs just google Riding club and Motorcycle Education. This is a very good website and answers most questions. BTW, I wasn't being disrespectful when I asked if you were kidding. I sometimes forget how obscure and unknown our world is to the average citizen. I appreciate your interest though. Thank u.

#12 33stack, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
    oldkid likes this.
  13. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Good luck. I'm ok!

33stack and AtkCCC like this.
  14. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I'm curious about joining a local branch of a MC... I never really see any patches/cuts/etc around here. Makes me doubt if there is much of a presence for any of the true clubs...

33stack likes this.
  15. Mikey22

Gold Member

I saw lots of bikers, The other day. They were all going south, Toward Florida. It must be that time of year.

33stack likes this.
  16. 33stack

Gold Member

Google Motorcycle clubs in ID (Im guessing u live in Idaho). When u find out where the local chapter (not branch) hangs out start hanging out there. Go to their events. get to know them. Once they feel they can trust u, if u seem like 1%er material, they will most likely recruit u. But be warned the process is long and tough. There is a period where u r considered a "hangaround". That is when you just hang out and party with us. We get to know each other. This is usually about a year. Once we r sure u can be trusted, and u r not a cop, u will be asked to "prospect". This is a VERY tough period where u will be told things to do by Patch holders. This can last 6 months to a year. Finally after about 2 years IF u make it as a "Hangaround" and a "Prospect", you will earn your patch. Once again, google" Riding club and Motorcycle club Education". It will answer most of your questions. I'm pretty sure your state has Hell Angels, Bandidos, Gypsy Jokers and prolly Mongols. Go to their websites to find their events. Or just hang out at biker bars. U will eventually run into them.

#16 33stack, May 4, 2014
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
    10_3XL likes this.
  17. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Thanks for the tips, friend (and correcting my terminology)! I'm really super anxious about it because I don't want them to get the impression that I'm just some punk kid who's watched too many episodes of Sons of Anarchy and has decided that to be a bad-ass/cool dude I've gotta be in an MC. For me it's all about the appeal of the camaraderie/brotherhood, having something to do with my time, and of course my love of all things with engines. :)

Ashamedly I must admit that I don't even own a motorcycle yet. (I know - it's a sin!) It's on my shortlist for once my final payment on my car is made this summer. (From one debt to another, I suppose - considering all the bikes I'm looking at/like have BIG price tags)

18. 33stack

Gold Member

Most 1%er MC's insist u have a Harley at least 1000 cc's. Once u start riding , u will find ur way to them.

19. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I have my eye on either a Fatboy or a Roadking (I like BIG and/or COMFORTABLE bikes). I've tested out pretty much every bike I can get my hands on. Through that I've found that for me it's Harley or nothing! Also: Anything under 1000 cc's doesn't feel right.

And my dad didn't raise no fools. Unfortunately I'm too big/tall to be comfortable on his '86 Sportster Liberty Edition - so I'm resigned to finding my own Harley. :)

I digress... Thanks again for the pointers! I know what I'll be looking into down the road from here. :D

20. 33stack

Gold Member

I recommend the Roadking. I ride one and will ride nothing else.

10_3XL likes this.