How do we develop turn-ons?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by The_Chaos_Seer, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Chaos_Seer

The_Chaos_Seer New Member

A couple years ago I came to the decision that there is nothing wrong about a persons sexuality, what turns them on, what they do to get off so long as a person isn't forced against their will or drugged against their will.

Recently then, I've been wondering, why do certain things turn us on? Individually, we all seem to have a variety of different turn-ons that usually another person won't have completely. I for example have this love of eating out, even though Iwas raised around people who hated it, thought it was disgusting, etc... I know of so many people who don't like it, who think it's repulsive, who'd only do it if their girlfriend wanted it, etc, but I love the idea honestly more then getting a blowjob or fucking someone. However, I never one day just said "I'ma get turned on by eating out of a pussy", it's simply something that's a part of me... Which is what confuses me. How do we develop our turnons?

2. Thorn

Gold Member

Good question! I don't think I have the complete answer but like you eating pussy is one of my main turn-ons. And I also did not like the thought of it a few years ago, and only did it as foreplay once in a blue moon, mainly out of curiosity, but my wife was also somewhat apprehensive to let me do it or to enjoy it herself because she had a fear about smelling or not being clean. Then one of the few times we were doing it (69 actually) she had a orgasm and it was the best O she had ever had. (her 1st orgasm from oral) Now she LOVES getting off when I'm eating her! :brow

My answer to "How do we develop turn-ons?"

Going down on her is such a turn-on to me because I love to drive my woman "MAD!" And see her going crazy.

3. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

one part of a turn on is being raised in a society or family where its taboo.... sure you were 'raised around people who hated it' openly, but theres a good chance they enjoy it to whenever they get a chance.

for me my biggest turn on is my man when he's in a playful mood. seeing him stressfree and happy and smiling just makes me want to tackle him

4. FlaminFrancesca

FlaminFrancesca New Member

Hmmm.. I think that our turn-ons are impacted by things that happen to us as we're growing up and maturing... and can be TOTALLY unrelated to actual sex. This is just a theory, lol... I'm an artist, not a psychologist, but I grew up in a very controlled house. My parents were strict, about everything. Not that we got punished, it's just that we were expected to act a certain way, etc. Sex was NEVER discussed, at all. I attribute my fantasy of being tied down, to a subconcious desire to be able to enjoy sex, without having to admit that I enjoy it or have any control over whats being done to me. I'm totally not into bondage or sm or anything like that, I just don't (subconciously) want the responsibility of what I'm enjoying, that good girls "shouldn't" enjoy...
    Just a theory though, and irrelevant now due to my recent sexual maturity, lol...
    I also think that we fantasize about what we know we will most likely never experience. It's a way for the brain to simulate the experience maybe?
    Just a thought...

5. igor

Gold Member

turn-ons

That''s a good question and there are probably a number of answers. I have always thought that my fascination/attraction to breasts was because I was breast fed as an infant. I don't consciously remember those days, of course, but maybe the subconscious mind does.

As for oral sex, I kind of have that desire to perform it too (never have done it since "she" doesn't want it). I think doing oral on a gal and having her squirm and moan with delight would turn me on more than getting a blow job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.