How do I not fuck this up!?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by lebron20, Mar 3, 2007.

1. lebron20

lebron20 New Member

Hey dudes n' dudettes, this is my first post.. I think. :p (Unless I'm some sort of idiot who can't read/do math)

I just wanted some input/advice on how to deal with this situation at my University.

So there's this giiiirl... my age, and I've noticed her for a WHILE, since last semester that is. She was in one of my classes last semester but I had a few "issues" I was dealing with and so I didn't really feel like talking to anyone. The reason she stood out to me is because she is so incredibly smart - her looks (which are amazing btw, great face, rack, legs, etc etc) really did come second in this case. I guess it's because I'm tired of stupid high school and university girls who just aren't very smart. The biggest turn on for me (in gf/wife material) is a super smart gal. EVERYTHING else comes second. This semester she's in one of my classes now too, it's great. So anyways...

I left the class when it was over and started walkin' to the cafeteria, and I had my headphones on. She was walking near me and she started just talking about how the teacher seems so uninterested in the material, yadda yadda yadda. I was super happy because the night before I was planning on sitting with her that day, but I was late for class so I had to take any open seat when I walked in, so I thought I sorta missed my chance. Anyways, I was really happy inside because here is this bright, beautiful girl, and I have NOT NOT NOT met a really smart girl who is also sorta ...girl-next-door-looking, in a long-ass time.

Anyways, we start chattin it up, and just talking about who we are, what we do, etc etc. She lives right off campus so I walked her to the edge of campus and let her on her way, it was a good 15 minute walk and talk, with no gaps, it just all flowed really well.

I just got out of a 5 year relationship (age 15-til 20 :eek ), so it's not like I'm not versed in the Tao of Dating. Maybe it's just that I realize that this could be something big. And although I am always always fine talking to girls or whoever at all, I really don't wanna screw anything up with this particular girl. But imagine if she had a boyfriend! That would suck ass...until I hired a hitman...just kidding. :p

I don't even know what I'm asking here, I guess maybe just some insight or some sort of tips to ensure that I don't screw anything up by seeming too eager, or letting any of my feelings out too early, or anything like that. Help guys! :bow

2. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I hesitate to reply, as I'm far from a dating guru. (I never dated many girls when I was young, and I'm sure it's different when you're dating women in their 40s and older.) Probably much like you, I fell for one of the first girls I ever dated and stuck with her for a long time. But I'll give my 2 cents worth anyway. If I liked a woman I met, I never hesitated to let her know it. Most of us, men and women, at the least feel complimented when someone shows interest in us, so it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'd guess that 90% of the women I've asked out have said yes, and half of those who said no have called me later and said yes. I'd also guess that I've asked 80% of first dates out on a second date, and probably 95% of those agreed.

My point is, you've got almost nothing to lose by showing interest and asking the lovely lady out, and the odds are probably in your favor of a relationship forming. It was she who first approached you, so she's very likely interested already.

In the for-what-it's-worth department, I'm with you 100% on being attracted to smart women. Even if romance doesn't bloom, they're so much more fun and interesting being around. I've had extended friendly relationships with smart women, even though I may not have gotten romantically involved. And the smart ones who I develop romantic relationships with are the real keepers. My late wife was the smartest person I've ever met (and I've known some pretty smart people in my lifetime). We never had a dull moment, and I got to put the dictionary away. (Hon, how do you spell ________?)

3. doberman

doberman New Member

i'm not a real dating guru either, the last one i asked out for a drink, and which actually said yes, is a woman loving other woman.. but having a lesbian buddy doesnt hurt either,, she's rather a tough mate that can take my kind of humour, and doesnt mind a good beating either.. :D

but anyway, as the girl already approached you and let you bring her home, that already sounds pretty much in your favor.. and if she should have a bf, she might be dumping him for you, who knows.. and you'll never find out if you dont give it a go.. dont rush the doors in, but chat her hp, thats never bad.. say that you really appreciate the time you're spending with her, ask her to intensify it.. got common interessts? ask her for a movie, a drink, you'll get the picture anyway..

i love smart woman, that really is the biggest turn on.. i knew some fantastic looking ones which got you a hard on just looking at them.. but if they were to open their mouth.. dayum, that boner was gone in a second, and left nothing but disgust..

4. jaguar

jaguar New Member

I really enjoyed our chat the other day, would you mind if I walked you home again today?

5. Nataly_sx

Nataly_sx New Member

Yeah Jaguar got the right direction... and when chit-chatting let her talk the most. You just make questions, let her answer and if she makes you talk about yourself do it. But don't go talking about yourself upfront... that's how you treat smart girls. Let her do the talk, else she will find you boring or not so fun to talk to.

6. doberman

doberman New Member

thats good going!

7. lebron20

lebron20 New Member

Heh thanks guys, great advice n' tips. The next class I have with her is on Tuesday and it ends at around 9pm. So it'll be dark outside OoooOooOoOoo!

Do you think I should tell her that I that I think the sexiest thing about her is how smart she is? I was definitely thinking of sitting with her for our THREE HOUR lecture on Tuesday.. I was thinkin' of writing a tiny note "Can I tell you what I find sexiest about you?" and passin' it to her, then when she says of course :p I would write that thing about her bein' smart. When we were walking home the other day everything seemed to flow so well, there were no gaps in conversation, and she laughed a lot, and all that good stuff so I figure I can sorta be a bit "direct" with things I tell her.

Like Joe said up above, I do want to hint that I'm really interested in her, I just DON'T want her to think that it's for the wrong reasons - do you know what I mean? I want her to know that she's pretty special because I bet about 95% of the girls at my University are probably airheads :p

8. doberman

doberman New Member

that sounds like a plan!
    she might even ask you to go for a drink on her own..

9. Dreama

Gold Member

That would be pretty cool, Lebron. Seriously, I am sure most girls would love that.

10. jaguar

jaguar New Member

I think I would run it all into one sentence. Asking her, do you mind if I tell you what I find the sexiest about is? Will turn her head in the wrong direction. You know what I like about you? What, I love smart women, and ya know, you have great body language also. Something like that, try one complete sentence. Just my opinion.

11. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Umm I'm going to differentiate myself a little and say that I don't think being so forward so quickly is a good thing.

Tell her that her intelligence is why you noticed her, that it sets her apart (in a very good way) from her classmates. Just saying that you love an aspect of someone is kinda lame. That's one aspect of a person, and a person is a package of aspects.

My advice, ask her out for dinner, coffee, or a drink. You can tell her that you find her cute, and interesting, which is far more important than the former. Don't rush into things, but don't hold back too much on telling her why you're interested.

12. Bluesy

Gold Member

If it's meant to be, it will be. You might not even like her very much after getting to know her, so try not to attach expectations to her, or an impending relationship. Just be yourself, keep an open mind, and relaaaaaaaax.

Oh, and "intelligent women" have breasts, not racks. ;)

13. Rupture

Rupture New Member

Ah welcome to the age old question. She was attracted to you for a reason...dont sway from who you are. Treat her with respect, kindness and when she needs it please her with your body and soul.

14. lebron20

lebron20 New Member

Update - Tuesday after classes.

DAMNIT!!!!!! I ran into her in the library early in the day and just chatted for a minute, but I had to run to catch a math midterm >< I figured I'd have plenty of time to talk to her in our 3 hour class later that evening. Anyways, when that time came, I got into the classroom late and there were these damn frickin people sittin' all around her, man I was choked! Lol... I dressed up all nice with my versace jacket and I shaved perfectly clean that same morning...sigh :p Then after class the prof wanted to talk to me because I had missed a lab and my girlie ended up getting a ride from her (girl)friend. I was pissed. :( I'll hopefully see her before Friday, but I'll see her on Friday for sure in our class together, I'm never missing that class now that I'm interested in her. Lol.

EDIT: It just pisses me off that now I have to wait a few more days to see her, and all I wanna do is talk!! I don't even want her number or her msn yet... I just wanna talk talk talk!! AAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

15. jaguar

jaguar New Member

Calm down man! LOL It's sounds like you are heading in the right direction. keep us posted.
    Late

16. lebron20

lebron20 New Member

Update - Wednesday:

So I saw her today walking into the cafeteria, I was sitting with a group of about 6 friends. She waved with a big smile and verbally said "Hiiiii" in that happy girly voice. I was like "sweeeeeet". So anyways my friends obviously were asking who she was, and why I wasn't going to talk to her. I missed what could have been great yesterday, there's no way in hell I'm gonna miss anything from now on. So I went into the place where you order the food (i was in the seating area before) and I saw her with one of her girls making tea or some crap. I walked up behind her and put my hands on both of her shoulders behind her and leaned her into my chest area and just started talking to her. She introduced me to her friend, and perfectly pronounced my name, which people who don't REALLY know me rarely do, it was cool. I just chatted with her for a bit, making sure to keep the focus on her and not her friend (but still including her friend somewhat) and then I took off to grab me some food. :p

Later on I was walking to a class with another friend and he was like "Yo look, theres your girl!" motioning to a bench near one of the fountains. He said that as we were walking by she was looking right at me, and I made him swear to God that he wasn't lying. Haha.

Nothing too huge today, just building blocks!

17. jaguar

jaguar New Member

OK enough of the chit chat, tell her you want to stick your throbbing hard cock up her ass. But of course say it with a smile! Just kidding!!! Thanks for keeping us posted. I look forward to reading about your encounters with her.
    Late
    PS. Your doing a great job by the way.