How common are threesomes?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by ninja08hippie, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

I was watching How I Met Your Mother and neither Ted nor Barney have had a threesome, and they are supposed to both be players. Is it not as common as I thought it was? I've had a bunch, so I figured it was fairly common among people in their 20s. :/

2. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Nope. Still a virgin on that :( I think Barney's world is alittle exaggerated (and I hate that show. Not funny). Id say its more uncommon but not rare

3. Mittimer

Gold Member

They aren't really as common as one would think. Yes, they happens but it's not like we hit our 20's and just go "omg...I have to fuck two people now..at the same time". Lol, most people a little younger then us are mainly thinking about getting laid for the first time, let alone with two people. :p

4. OverSinged

Gold Member

*Still hasn't managed one, let alone two*

5. Essene

Gold Member

*omG

I've had chances; but I've always turned them down. I don't know... it just seems too lascivious for my tastes. One of the "screening", if you will, questions I ask a female is if she's been in a threesome before. It won't, necessarily, turn me off completely to her; but it will substantially decrease my level of physical attraction. So will a female with a high number of past (or current) partners.

As for how often it happens- I'd say not as often as one may think.

6. Mittimer

Gold Member

That made me laugh. I had it right the first time around, thanks though. ;)

7. Essene

Gold Member

Y/w. But not by my standards. I'd wink; but I cut of my lids.

8. cbrmale

Gold Member

Although I'm middle-aged and get middle-aged couples tracking me down for threesomes, I'm inclined to think this is an older person's fantasy, but not necessarily related to the length of time they've been together. A few of my couples were newly re-married.

It's possibly logical that two-man and one-woman threesomes fall into this category. The underlying attraction is to prove the wife's sexiness to both the husband and to the wife, and this is more likely to need affirmation with ageing (although I screen the women and they were all pretty good). The other possible motive at play is by the time we reach 40 we've had sex with a number of partners thousands of times using dozens of positions and many different places. What else is left? A threesome!

I have also done a couple of two-women and one-man threesomes which work if the girls are into each other, but don't work so well otherwise. Big fantasy and visually a big turn-on to share a bed with two women together, but in my instances it was a case of hands off and watch until my turn. Still fun, but being the active participant as in two-men one-women threesomes is more satisfying for me.

9. Essene

Gold Member

There are also menage a neuf.

10. cbrmale

Gold Member

Mais c'ést ménage à neuf.

11. backcheck64

Gold Member

Had a couple in my teen years when no one but me counted. After I met my wife, absolutely no desire for a threesome. The one I did have was with sisters...that was fun, but I didn't care about either of them. I couldn't do it if it involved anyone I really cared about.

12. CosmicEye

Gold Member

sisters!? I guess it could be weirder with a 20 year old and her mom

13. AtkCCC

Gold Member

I do not think the average person/couple actually ever end up in 3ways. Wifey and I have had our share but still overall they are not common. My wife enjoys other women and I think to an extent that most couples that engage in 3ways, at least one of them is Bi. I am straight but we have had a few MFMs, mostly FMF thou. Just my thinking.

14. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

I've had a few.. i'd say they are uncommon but not rare..

people tend to back out when it gets close to the actual set up time if pre-planned ;) I guess the nerves get to em

15. spicebabes

spicebabes New Member

We had 3somes, but to start with it is better not to plan but just to be open minded for it, later when you find others interested in its easier and also more fun

16. a_high_bitch

a_high_bitch New Member

You have to be open minded to have a threesome, and while people are becoming more open minded, it doesn't mean that they are going to be willing to have threesomes all the time. But we still have those who are super close minded. I had a boyfriend that found out that I was bi, and he broke up with me right on the spot. And I've had those that begged me for a threesome. So I wouldn't say that they are uncommon, but I wouldn't say that they are common either.

17. curious11

curious11 New Member

I have fantasy about sharing my wife with another man watching her. We have talked about this during sex and it makes us both hot, but I think I am ready to go to the next stage, but wife is very unsure. Do not want to press her into this, because I do not need to do it, but also would like to explore this with her.

18. trueblue

trueblue New Member

I share the same thought. Sometimes I even imagine my wife is being shared with 2-3 men together... being sandwiched while I am watching her.

19. redics_girl

redics_girl Active Member

we've had both mfm and fmf threesomes. they were fun and different, but it wasn't something i wanted to do all the time, whereas the hubs wanted them regularly to be a part of our routine. eventually it got to be too much, and there were other issues at play too, and things got very difficult for awhile. its not something we do now, but who knows what the future brings? They were fun, and erotic, and i'm not necessarily against ever doing it again, but I think it just works better if there is an understanding that its not going to become a regular thing.

20. Tiny

Tiny New Member

I don't think they are too common due to how most people view sex as being very private and a certain way. Though I personally would love to be in a threesome with another girl. Though I guess I can see why a lot of girls don't like that.