how can me and my partner remember to use condoms?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by smiley717, Jun 19, 2012.

1. smiley717

smiley717 New Member

just using scare tactic is not enough. i need something more practical/dealing with right now answered in a nice and simple way. i used to use birth control pills for a year now and this is my first time being off them with my partner. i don't like having to take a pill each day and the injection, IUD etc are expensive.

2. Silkycat

Silkycat New Member

Uh. Well I would just keep them handy? In a bedroom drawer? If you go out he can keep one or two in the back pocket?

There isn't really any "yay condoms are awesome" factor that you'll consider when your about to have sex. It would be the "aw crap, I'm pregnant" (for those who doesn't want that =p) or the "Chlamydia?!" on your next routine checkup.

That is, I can't think of any way to remember to use one other than the possible consequences if you don't...

3. CreamyJustice

Gold Member

With all that ^^^ said you're either going to use condoms or wind up pregnant. ORRRR get back on bc....if money is an issue for the longer termed methods and looking at others screaming children aren't enough, I don't know what to tell you. Obviously being in the moment, things happen. You cannot rely on your partner to remind you. You just have to want to be protected against unexpected pregnancy or get used to the idea of planning a family. There's no other option. I mean there are talks of a male birth control, but I dont know if its available or if your partner would even want to be that responsible.

it's up to you.

4. Meee

Gold Member

The trick is for you to put the condom on him. Make it fun and teasing and so on. Make it part of foreplay. When you make it a fun part of sex, you'll remember to use them.

Also, be ready to have sex in other ways in case you do forget to bring a condom. Oral, hand jobs, and so on are all sex. If you don't have a condom, they're the way to go. Or the way to cum.

5. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

If you're too young to remember a condom, you're probably too young to be having sex. How the hell did you manage to remember the Pill? Or is forgetfulness the true reason you gave up on that? Go for an implant, it lasts 3 years and you don't have to remember it in the meantime.

6. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

DF may be on to something. Before I got snipped we found that condoms could get pretty expensive. At one point we were going through a box of 24 almost weekly. Sorry to say, that wouldn't be a problem anymore.

7. Mittimer

Gold Member

Just remind yourself that if you don't put it on him you get a baby. Much more expensive then any birth control shot.

8. CosmicEye

Gold Member

'I forgot them' is not an excuse

9. Barbwire

Gold Member

At a loud volume, play a recording of a baby screaming it's head off for hours. Best birth control ever!

10. OverSinged

Gold Member

Had a teacher who said that if we ever wanted a reason to not have kids, to come babysit for her sometime XD

11. 12barblues

Gold Member

You were having sex 24times a week? Holy crap....

12. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

When my daughter's dad and I first got together it was pretty common for us to have sex 6 times a day.

Grampareg likes this.
  13. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

I know! Now I would have to worry about expiration dates if I had to use condoms. LOL

14. 12barblues

Gold Member

6 times a day? everyday? i mean ive done 6 times but not regularly....you guys are makin' me feel just plain lazy....

15. 12barblues

Gold Member

and as far as forgetting a condom....im with DF....how old are you? does your mommy still remind you to brush your teeth too? maybe you could have her pin a note on your shirt?

16. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

It didn't last, I ended up raw and then the arguments started. :yell