How afraid should I be?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Kaelri, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Kaelri

Kaelri New Member

I apologize if this kind of post is supposed to go somewhere else.
    Here's my story, and I'll be sure to mention what details are important.

I hooked up with a guy last night, and I'm not sure whether or not I was safe from pregnancy. My first problem is that my pill schedule got messed up so I hadn't taken the pill for about a week and a half (that problem has been solved, and now I'm on the pill again) so I didn't have any hormonal help. Second, I use polyisoprene condoms because I'm allergic to latex. However, apparently I was misinformed about what kind of lubrication you can use with polyisoprene, so I stupidly used coconut oil as lube. I later did internet research and found that you shouldn't use oil based lube on polyisoprene. During sex, the concern about whether or not I could use oil lube came to my mind, so I made sure that he did not ejaculate inside of me, and I'm hoping that any precum that was there was cleaned off by oral sex. Yesterday was also the last day of menstruation for me.

The part of me that freaks out about everything is feeling like there's a good possibility that I could've gotten pregnant. However, I'm just curious as to how afraid I should be, considering the details. Should I be freaking out?

2. loveit247

Gold Member

I would be more worried about STDs.

3. Kaelri

Kaelri New Member

STD's aren't a problem because I've had sex with him twice, both times being the only time he's done it.

4. HardRocker

Gold Member

If he didn't ejaculate inside of you, I think it's unlikely that enough sperm from precum got loose and fought all the way to fertilize an egg. No matter how much we guess about it though, you can't know for sure. Can you get the "Morning After" pill?

5. Kaelri

Kaelri New Member

I'm a broke college student with literally 20 bucks to her name, and I don't feel comfortable saying to my mom, "Oh hey, I casually hooked up with a guy, and I hope I'm not pregnant. Can I have money for Plan B?" I think the window of time that I'm able to use it is already over as well. D:

6. Stormin10

Stormin10 Member

Women normally ovulate approx 14 days prior to the beginning of their period, so on a 28 day cycle ovulation happens about day 14...
    Once ovulation occurs the egg only lasts about 24 hrs, you need to have had sex, WITH ejaculation about 0 - 48hrs prior to ovulation or there abouts, pretty much the sperm needs to be waiting for the egg, or on its way.. sperm lasts about 48-72 hrs too..
    When you look at the timing needed for conception you often wonder how people get pregnant...
    Most pre cum doesnt contain sperm...
    Look at the ods.. its almost impossible for you to be preg!.

7. HardRocker

Gold Member

For future reference, the college health center, whether a small one office nurse, or a full fledged medical center, is prepared to help you with these things. That's what they are there for and they usually have a steady flow of students with similar problems. Yours is one they see most frequently. I hope everything turns out okay for you.

8. emsemtb

emsemtb New Member

That is not entirely accurate, unless the man is sterile by any means. It is improbable, not impossible. I would still err on the better side of caution, is my medical opinion.

9. Stormin10

Stormin10 Member

Yes, i agree but you will notice i did say "most".. We need to differentiate between initial secretions and an inadvertent squirt... Also how recently you last came...