Hooters vs Tilted Kilt :)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Trond, May 7, 2014.

1. Trond

Gold Member

In the last year or so, I have visited Hooters and Tilted Kilt about twice each :)

Hooters: Hooters was, I suppose, the chain that established the "breastaurant" trend. Both times I went there the waitresses (dressed skimpily, but not that skimpily), were very nice. The waitress would often sit down at the table and chat (flirt?) without making my wife uncomfortable. The "uniform" is a bit 80s style, and shows off a little cleavage, but I wouldn't really think much of it if the place wasn't called "Hooters" (cute owl logo BTW). The food is greasy, and usually not very good. I kinda liked the flirting though :)

Tilted Kilt: This place has two major things going for it; vastly better food, and more skimpily dressed waitresses. The girls wear very short skirts, no stockings, and a top tied in a knot, so it is designed to "overflow" a bit. They show off a great deal more skin than in Hooters, in other words. However, I'm not sure if this is just bad luck on my part, or lack of training (or the way they are hired), but the girls seemed quite bored both times I was there. There was none of the flirting going on in Hooters, although the waitress was sweet the second time at least (the way any nice/normal waitress is). But holy smokes, the food is much better, and not really that much more expensive (if I remember correctly).

Not sure about this. Which one do you prefer? :D

2. Mikey22

Gold Member

We just have Hooters in my area, Never heard of Tilted Kilt, But I'll sure check one out, When I run across one.

3. Trond

Gold Member

Yeah, they actually have some decent food there, and girls in mini-kilts. :)

4. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

They just opened a tilted kilt not to far from me...haven't gone yet...not sure how the wife would feel about that...

5. CaramelLady

I have my own set of nice hooters. :D

33stack, BlueCollar, Mikey22 and 3 others like this.
  6. Essene

Gold Member

I've only ever been to Hooters once. I'm not a big fan of show girls of any kind including servers who dress scant. I did, however, go to a pub/eatery and order Sheppard's pie. I didn't mind how the servers were dressed because the food was delicious.

7. EnglishDad

Gold Member

Looks longingly at the nice hooters :p
    Needs a filling of caramel........

CaramelLady likes this.
  8. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

My take on the Hooters/Tilted Kilt/similarly themed restaurants: When it comes to completely blowing inordinately large sums of cash on an evening out...
    - If I want scantily clad (or full nude) and flirty women, but questionable (at best) "dining" options, I'll go to a "Gentleman's Lounge" or strip club. At least they also have full bars and I expect to leave completely broke. :p
    - If I want the focus to be food/drink and am not concerned about having "eye candy" then I'll go to a regular restaurant. Save myself the extra cost for "atmosphere." :)
    - I do NOT want an inadequate blend of the two, where I get kind of scantily clad, kind of flirty women with kind of decent food & drink. All for grossly overstated rates.
    - If nothing else I'll make myself dinner and click onto one of the 5,000,000,000 sites full of women that exist online.

So, short answer: Not for me, thanks!

EnglishDad likes this.
  9. backcheck64

Gold Member

Tilted Kilt vastly superior. Much better food.... and dress. Prices on par with other restaurants and better food than Applebees or Ruby Tuesdays. Our hockey team loves it.

10. AtkCCC

Gold Member

Been to both and both seem to me too LOUD for my taste. I would say the Kilt would be a little better with the quality of food.

11. Trond

Gold Member

Sorry, but I will have to see some proof of that. ASAP, thank you very much. :D

CaramelLady likes this.
  12. ply

ply
    Gold Member

If they aren't wearing panties, I'd be happy at Burger King

13. BigB73

Verified Gold Member

Tilted Kilt is much better. The food and service are great here in Maryland. The girls will come to your table and chat, which is nice. Best thing I've seen is two girls bend over, on different occasions. One had a tiny thong and the other I saw no panties, so I'm guessing/hoping there weren't any. :)

14. Trond

Gold Member

I like going to strip clubs now and then. It tends to be orders of magnitude more expensive though, or maybe I just say "yes" too much :p

Anyway, the way I see it: most women aren't that keen on getting naked in front of strangers (thankfully, some don't mind :)), and the vast majority wouldn't go anywhere near the set of a hard core movie (and I don't blame them, I sometimes wonder if being a prostitute is actually a better idea in some ways).

But lots of girls don't mind wearing skimpy outfits or flirting a bit to entertain guys. This way, you get to see (and meet) lots of nice cuties in one place, and you can fill your tummy as well. What's not to like? :)

15. BigB73

Verified Gold Member

I like strip clubs too, I have a weakness for naked women! :)

16. CaramelLady

Anything for you.....

LOL

17. Trond

Gold Member

Very understandable. I have a weakness for women in general. As far as clothes go, some women are good at looking ravishing in their garments, but as a general rule "less is more". :D

BigB73 likes this.
  18. Trond

Gold Member

My wife and I visited another Tilted Kilt today, on our way home from Joshua Tree. Pretty much the same as I have experienced before: cute waitresses in "overflowing" outfits that reveal a bit more than at Hooters, but again not as flirty as Hooters girls for some reason. Our waitress was cute and seemed a bit shy, but she wore her skirt "kilt" very short indeed. If she wore anything underneath then it must have been minimal, because I saw her butt at one point. :)

One huge bonus with this visit turned out to be the food: my wife liked it so much that she might want to go back sometime soon :D

19. SlamminSammy

Gold Member

I've never turned down a chance to go to a Hooters, but I've been to a Tilted Kilt only once & it had 2 waitresses/bartenders that were sexier than any Hooters waitress I've ever seen.

20. backcheck64

Gold Member

I've never been impressed with Hooters waitresses and the food absolutely sucks. I'll take the Kilt any day.