Hooters arn't for everyone!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z_Hunter, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Z_Hunter

Z_Hunter New Member

Just had something funny happen at work today.

I was having a discussion about my weekend with some prudish coworkers. It came up that me and my fiance had gone to Hooters for dinner Sunday night, then I told them that while we were there we discussed taking my son, who will be turning 5 in January, there for his birthday (my son is such a flirt, he loves the waitresses at restaurants and calls them "pretty ladies," he also loves football so this was a no brainer). Well, you would have thought I just told them I was taking my 5 year old to a strip club, they thought I was a terrible parent.

Well, I went about my day and later my our boss comes up to me and asks me if I was planning on taking my son to Hooters. I said yes, and she tells me she was just there yesterday and that he would love it. We had a chat and it turns out she actually worked at a Hooters about 20 years ago. I had a good laugh later imagining how she heard about my idea from some girls who where probably bad mouthing what she used to be.

2. Meee

Gold Member

Is eating the food at Hooters like reading the articles in Playboy?

3. Z_Hunter

Z_Hunter New Member

Thanks for the laugh!:lol

4. SexToyPalace

SexToyPalace New Member

*sigh* I too, was one of those prudish people once upon a time. That is, until I found myself job hunting, and ended up applying there out of sheer desperation. (I did my research online beforehand.) Even though I didn't get the job, they were extremely professional during the interview process. It was my first time inside a Hooters, and even after looking into it, there was this tiny part of my brain that screamed at me: "You idiot! It was just a freaking restaurant all along!"

I was disappointed in myself. I mean, I get giddy at the thought of visiting a Maid Cafe in Japan, but the thought of Hooters was somehow embarrassing?

If they can dress up their women in cute outfits, than so can we. It doesn't make it any less of a great place to eat and have fun. :D

5. HardRocker

Gold Member

Haha, yes except the articles in Playboy are usually pretty good. In my experience the same cannot be said of Hooters food.

I've been to a couple of different ones with the lunch crowd. What I hated about it was how embarrassingly goofy some of my companions acted.

6. Gearhead

Gold Member

the hooters around here suck...when my n my buddies go out theres a rule if the girls boobs arent bigger than my buddy tubby's no tip lol...we usually tip anyways (im just too nice) but you get the picture..

7. Michellesoldman

Michellesoldman New Member

Yeah I've heard all that crap for a long time. My girl would have a golden cow if I ever brought up the idea of going to Hooters. People just dog it out because of the name. The haters all picture girls with EEE boobs in a string bikinis, I guess....? It's nowhere near as raw as some people make it out to be.

As usual though, it's the people who have never even been there that hate on it so much.

8. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Is the Menu nice? I have never been and wouldn't mind trying it out.

Although I really don't like wasting money on food I could cook better myself

9. Michellesoldman

It's mostly just short-order stuff. Burgers, fries, onion rings, patty melts, that sort of thing.

The food is good-------for what it is. Your just not going to walk in there and have "the best steak you've ever eaten". It's sports-bar type food.

10. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Sports bar type of food is good .. I may have to convince the man to take me lol
    Shouldn't take too much hehe

11. Michellesoldman

Naw, he'd be cool with it, I'm sure.

Here's a link. Just change the "XX" to tt and your good. hXXp://www.hooters.com/