Honeymoon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Silverback, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Silverback

Silverback Member

I need help. I have been "put in charge" of finding our honeymoon. I say "put in charge" because I'm far from in charge, I'm responsible for the looking at the moment. I've looked at everything I can think of. Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Seychelles, Maldives, Bahamas, Barbados, Generally the whole Caribbean. I found what I thought was ideal yesterday 2 Weeks in Jamaica in a 5* hotel upgraded room and flights in a hotel chain we both know and love for just under £4500.

That cost too much and the Mrs, doesn't like the sound of Jamaica as she has been told it's violent ... fair enough.

Today I have found 5* Dominican Republic in the same chain of hotels on the Caribbean Sea side of the island, upgraded flights, you can't upgrade the rooms for between £2500 and £3000. I text my sweet to tell her ... "I've heard you can get a lot of tummy bugs there!"

She wants a nice beach, all inclusive, 4 or 5* for about £3000. We're getting married at the end of next October so honeymooning the start of November. I can't think of anything else or anywhere else.

Has anybody got any ideas???

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

Come to Florida and have a honeymoon in the Keys! :)

3. Silverback

Silverback Member

Tried that, can't find any all inclusive places. Looked at a week in Disney and a week somewhere on the beach ... it costs too much. Do you know of any al inclusive places on the Keys?

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

I sent you a private message on some information that I just found for florida keys. I don't know if it includes air fair from outside of the united states, but the website I'm sending you is a vacation website with packages including air fair, hotel stay and other things.

5. wetness1

Gold Member

Try Cuba... beautiful!

6. Barbwire

Gold Member

I suggest you get yourself a travel agent to take all of the headache out of planning the trip.

7. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

I second CL!

8. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

If its clean beaches and crystal-clear waters your after....
    How about Port Douglas, The Whitsundays, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland Australia.....?:D

Oh'....and I third the travel agent idea too.....

9. Silverback

Silverback Member

Thanks for your replies, Mittimer thanks for the PM. We had a good chat last night and she accepts she has been a bit of a pain, she wont make decision but wont let me either, so were going to come up with a few ideas maybe 5 or 6, throw them in an envelope and pick one, then stick to it.