Honest Question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by redfish961, Nov 16, 2012.

1. redfish961

redfish961 New Member

Marijuana? Yea or nay.

I'll start off.

I smoke on occasion...do you?

If not is ok, if so is ok.

Pros and cons.

2. suzy7

Gold Member

I do also, if I am having a major problem in my company or
    a close employee is not doing her/his share, I usually will
    have a joint or a few totes before tackling the problem.
    Pros or cons? I can not see anything wrong .
    Legalize the Green.

3. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

Nay because I'm sXe

4. biker061

Gold Member

if ir were legal i'd probably start up again.

5. mrcock

Gold Member

can't afford losing 4 hours a day

:lol

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I try to only inhale clean air so not for me but others can do as they please.
    Much argument pro and cons but it is probably like anything else; a little is ok and lot is not.

7. Frank84

Frank84 Member

Not one for me never been bothered about it

8. mrcock

Gold Member

marijuana is a memory killer. also if you'll smoke all the time, you'll have the worst fucked up shit ever, tolerance. which means no more pleasure. which would mean you either stop, or advance to the stronger drugs

9. RideNaked2

Gold Member

I don't smoke it now however I wish they would legalize it in Wisconsin at least for medicinal uses. I suffer from a chronic disorder, have tried it and it really does help quite a bit. I wouldn't have to take any meds if I was able to smoke it. I wouldn't need much...only a hit or two will take the pain away for 1/2 the day. I feel that this is a better option than medicine. This is just Mho though.

10. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Yea. Am glad to see it legalized in WA and CO. Hoping more states follow. of course I'm even happier at the prospect that this is going to bring states rights and big brother government to the forefront of peoples mionds as the Fed tries to strong arm states over federal drug laws.

As for me, I don't smoke often, but this new job does not drug test, so finally I will be able to relax and have a toke or two at my leisure once I have my other affairs in order.

11. Mittimer

Gold Member

I don't smoke it, I've eaten it though a couple times through cookies/brownies. I don't really enjoy getting stoned out of my mind but when I'm in a lot of pain, it's nice to have rather then taking copious amounts of pain medication.

I'm happy that it was legalized in the few states it was. I would LOVE to move to a place where it's both legal to grow and partake in it. It would make my life a lot more stress free to say the least.

As an aspiring pastry chef, it would be fantastic to be able to bake with it as well. Imagine how much I would sell to all the stressed out people who just need a little rest and relaxation with some weed laced sugary noms.

Also, seriously approve of growing HEMP. I do not understand why it's criminalized at all. The economy needs a money maker like that and with all that hemp is capable of producing, it's an absolute shame that it's illegal to grow nearly everywhere in the US.

#11 Mittimer, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  12. LilBAM

Gold Member

I have no desire to try marijuana, eating or smoking it; not even once. I know several people that do it though, and I have no problem with them doing it. I couldn't care less who else does it, and I don't have a problem with it being legalized. I haven't seen it have a negative effect on any of their lives. If anything, they're usually more laid back.

13. Barbwire

Gold Member

It's always 42˚ at my house. fly2.gif

#13 Barbwire, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  14. Silkycat

Silkycat New Member

Like with anything, do whatever you want. As long as people don't force it on me, I don't care. I have no interest in smoking it, or anything really. I find smoking extremely unatractive, including sigars, pipes, weed or whatever! I guess I may be a bit overly anti-drug though, my mom was a big-time adict to some pretty heavy stuff, and it turned my dad and me very much against that kind of stuff. I'm sure it's fine in small doses... I wouldn't want any of my friends or family to smoke it though, and I'd honestly be pretty disapointed if they did. Not enough to break a friendship on its own, but a major dent anyway!

Smoke it if you want. Just don't overdo it! And don't come to my place with it, I'll be angry =3.

15. peakguy

peakguy New Member

"marijuana is a memory killer. also if you'll smoke all the time, you'll have the worst fucked up shit ever, tolerance. which means no more pleasure. which would mean you either stop, or advance to the stronger drugs"

Hope this is meant to be sarcasm. I smoke just about every day and have managed to complete three college degrees and have a 20+ year professional career. Smoking a joint helps me to calm down my type A personality and relax after a stressful day at work. Other than some single-malt scotch I don't do any other drugs and avoid prescription meds like a cold. Plus, I live in WA. so in about 2 weeks we go legal!

16. redfish961

redfish961 New Member

I can match everything you said minus the 3 degrees.

I'm basically retired at 46, have founded and sold 2 companies that were in the 15 million a year revenue range, and now play stocks with my own money for my "occupation".

Started smoking when I was 12 (I know, not good and I wouldn't encourage anyone to do so) and have never programmed a phone number in my phone in my entire life. My companies both had over 100 employees with at least half of those having company phones and I could call any of them by memory only.

Still remember many of them 2 years later and I definitely know my friends numbers. Pretty sure my memory hasn't suffered much and like you, I don't do other drugs, including pills, and that's after 34 years of smoking marijuana.

17. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I'm not interested in the stuff at all.

18. mrcock

Gold Member

34 years ago marijuana didn't contained as lot thc as it does today

19. redfish961

redfish961 New Member

You know, you're probably right...I just don't remember :D

20. mrcock

Gold Member