Hobbies, anyone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dreama, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Dreama

Gold Member

So, what are your hobbies, other than the sex related stuff we talk about every day. :)

I knit, and write, and I read a whole lot. I also like to make jewelry, and things like that. So...What do you do?

2. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

I like to read at times, mainly stephen king books ( nearly finsihed his Dark tower seris. )
    Also like making things with my hands, just finished doing a complete refit of my frontroom and bathrrom.

Putting pcs together.
    Id like to learn how to make a boat , just for the fun of it.

I write a few bits here an there nothing much but when ever it takes my fancy to give it a shot.

Keeping in shape , press ups, sit ups and pull ups...

( what do you make whe nyour knitting by the way ? )

3. Dreama

Gold Member

That's awesome Kronnie! Sounds like you have a full life.

When I knit, I make all sorts of things. Hats, scarves, socks....I love it, really. Creating things really make me happy. RIght now, I'm working on a hat.

4. cbrmale

Gold Member

I write novels; I have one published and its sequel ready to be published. I have two others which are completed.

My number one hobby is travel, although that is governed by budget. I also build model aircraft, I am working my way through the Royal Australian Airforce: from SE5a of World War One to present-day supersonic jets.

5. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

My life isnt full enough, i need a female for that :)
    But its busy hehehe, takes my mind of things...which is always a bonus.

You should post some pics of the hats scarfs and other things you have made .....Thats one thing i have never gotten the hang of, my nan tried to teach me a long time ago...

One of my ex's used to do croshay knitting...she enjoyed doing that and she got quite well paid after she had finished them, by selling them on..

6. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I am a 'dormant' seamstress. Dormant - because my sewing machine is mostly collecting dust right now.

At the moment, I am into window treatments and upholstery. My next project is to upholster my sofa in the Family Room to reflect the "British Parlour" look that we have recently re-done. Something in red... perhaps with gold stripes... I am still looking for just the right fabric.

7. Dreama

Gold Member

Well, I've got a nice hat that I've been working on, and I'll post it and another scarf I made when I get finished with the hat.

8. Dreama

Gold Member

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that I also sew. I actually work as a seamstress and weaver for my college craft department. That seems so cool though, Rose. Upholstering is something I've never done.

9. Dreama

Gold Member

Your definately my SF hero. I'm an aspiring writer. I have been writing my whole life.

10. Jayce

Gold Member

I am obsessed with anything with 8 cylinders or more, but mostly Corvettes. Why? They're so fucking sexy.

I like skulls. Skulls are cool.

Also, music is amazing. Without music, I'd probably die. No, I'm not kidding. <3

11. cbrmale

Gold Member

Ah yes, music, I forgot music, my number two love (after sex). I am into French music at the moment, Chanson is much more beautiful than contemporary Anglo music (la musique fran├žaise est plus belle au monde).

12. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

Reading politcal and news blogs or books usually related to history or science. I also play piano and enjoy a variety of music.

13. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

My hobbies are mostly physical.
    Gym, I go their every nite that I'm not working.
    Biking, Every day above 25 degree and ice free. I do 8 miles.
    Hiking, I have curtailed some of that for physical reasons (back problems)
    Working on home, Now into a project, but I do it at my leisure.
    cat fishing, I like to teach others to do it.
    Forums, Right here is my relaxation.

Hates
    TV, Unless WV is playing football or NASCAR is on.

Hiker:sf

14. heelfetish

Gold Member

I have so many hobbies, it's hard to list them all.

I enjoy working on cars. From maintenance to modifications. I don't have the necessary funds to have my dream cars, but I do what I can with what I have.

I work with computers for a living, but also as a hobby. I run a large website/forums which takes up a lot of my spare time. I'm also into PC gaming, although I spend little time at it these days.

Photography is another biggie for me. I started about 10 years ago, and got my first SLR in 2001. Currently I still shoot 35mm, although I'm saving up for a Canon 30D with some decent glass. I enjoy all type of photography, from landscapes to macro, from artistic to snapshots. I currently shoot with a Canon EOS Elan 7Ne 35mm SLR and a Canon S1 IS digicam.

I really enjoy movies, and have over 300 DVDs in my collection. I love my modest home theater, even though I only have a 27" CRT TV (JVC D-Series). We only have a small house and a limited budget, so a big TV is out of the question right now.

I played trombone and baritone in High School, but I also play drums. I've got a 5-piece Pearl kit that was my Dad's until he died. :( I love to play, but I'm not currently in a band.

I love camping. No matter what the type. From backpacking to 'roughing it' in a travel trailer. I've done a lot, including staying in various shelters, like Lean-tos and even a quincee on the ice at -30.

I also love the water. Boating is a favorite way to spend a summer day. I inherited Dad's boat after he died, although it hasn't been back in the water since. I do get out on the water in other boats still, and really enjoy water sports like water skiing, tubing, and swimming.

In the winter I like to downhill ski. I also like to go snowmobiling, but I don't own my own sled. Too bad the past 3 winters there's hardly been any snow here. :(

I used to be big into 1/10 scale R/C cars. I'm hoping to pick the hobby back up some day. But I sold all my R/C gear to pay for my first full-scale car.

I have a hundred more hobbies, but those are probably the biggest. Aside from spending the majority of my time with my son & wife, that is.

15. Shy Girl

Shy Girl New Member

cars, mostly older Toyota Supras, but I'm a fan of muscle cars too. Not big into newer cars, they all like like bulbous bugs anymore.

i also run a cafepress store with automotive designs

definitely into digital graphics, I <3 my photoshop

16. re_man

re_man New Member

reading books and swimming
    when i was in high school i secondary school i impressed very much from Stephen King's novels and i tried to write icould nt finish but now i dont like reading novels.bec it s impressing me very much as emotional now i prefer science books of course about math; my love :)

17. LimeLight

LimeLight New Member

Watching sports and science on tv.
    Video editing
    Camping/Hiking/Canoeing
    Taking things apart and trying to put them back together or make something better out of a few things

18. PhoenixRose

PhoenixRose New Member

Going to the gym to workout (5-7 times a week for about 3-5 hours a day)
    Hiking
    Camping
    Stargazing
    Photography
    Baseball (playing and watching)
    Basketball (playing)
    Going to start boxing soon
    reading varies books
    Travelling

But most of my time is spent at the gym. If I am not sleeping,eating or going to baseball games. I am at the gym. :lol:

19. mazdamini

mazdamini New Member

hmm where to start

mud boggin and trail riding on 4 wheelers (cant wait for Mud Nats in TX next month :D )
    custom car audio fabrication
    shooting guns
    fishing
    hunting
    truck modifying
    bicycle repair/restoring/modification
    working out
    paintball

I'm sure there's more too that's just my main ones

20. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Oh music, I love it