Hickys

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by babyblue, Sep 21, 2008.

1. babyblue

babyblue New Member

Ok so I know there is no way to get rid of one but does anyone have any sugestions on how to hide it? I pulled my poney tail over my shoulder to cover it for now but i have to go to classes tomorrow and want a more effective way incase my hair falls out of the way. Any Ideas. Ive tried Green concealer but its just too purple.

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I've not heard of green concealer, but i use yellow concealer (not for hickies :lol...) but I have some scarring from a dog bite, and one is quite red/purple. That yellow concealer is great for any skin tone. Of course, it's best when used under a foundation (mineral powder foundation is sooo natural looking... just blends perfectly with whatever your natural color is).

3. vickisam

vickisam New Member

You did not realize you were going to class as he/she was sucking your neck?

GOD AM I OLD!?!? :( :( :(

Vicki

4. sexyJ

sexyJ New Member

put an ice cube on it till it starts to melt, then take a comb and comb it, Never tried it but always heard it worked!

5. Rose

Gold Member

I never heard of this, but it sort of makes sense. A hicky is tiny blood vessels brought to the surface skin by sucking... and could basically be considered a bruise. You always put ice on a bruise to restrict the blood vessels and cause the color to fade. (But you will still have to use some sort of concealer, imho)

6. brittany1158

brittany1158 New Member

My ways of making them less noticeable!! :

1) Ice the hickey for 5 minutes(or until the cube melts) with an ice cube directly on it
    2) After the cube melts, immediately grab a soft hairbrush and literally brush the surface of your skin.
    3) Apply regular concealer/coverup while your skin is still cold.

Always works for me!

And if not, those fashion scarves seem really in style right now...spice up your outfit while covering that love bite :p

7. babyblue

babyblue New Member

no i wasnt thinking about class at the time and neither were they. thats one of the main things. were all in the same class and have matching marks. stupid drunken mistakes were made. I will try the yellow rose. i have it too. and i have heard of ice and combing it. ill give it a try! thanks\

8. Dreama

Gold Member

I dunno. Maybe I'm weird. If it were me, I'd just try covering it up, and get on with things. Who cares if others see anyway? What they think about you means basically nothing. Plus, you're in college. Most people won't think anything of a college student having a hickey. Unless I had a job that it would matter if I had a visible hickey, I'd not care so much.

9. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

If it's on your neck, try wearing a turtleneck (UK = polo neck) sweater. Hopefully it's cold enough for that where you are in late September.

10. babyblue

babyblue New Member

i just ended up wearing a side poney tail. luckly Justin looked WAY worse so everyone went straight to him. I was also in a collered Lab coat today, and everyday this week so it worked out. It is deffently not cold enough yet it was still pretty warm todayl

11. rugbylad82

rugbylad82 New Member

not really my thing, never wanted to do it and never wanted anyone to do it to me and its never come into my mind to suck on someone till they bruise. Never understood the attraction to be honest. I dont know how unpopular this opinion will prove but i think its a generally cvery young thing to do, cant say the last time i saw anyone over the age of 20 with one anyway.

12. Rose

Gold Member

In my opinion, it probably stems from some in-bred animalistic behavioral trait. Sort of like "marking your territory", or the proverbial "George Washington Slept Here" signage.

Most of us had our share in our younger years, no doubt ;)

13. Katprr

Katprr New Member

As a medical profesional it is true that Hickeys are caused by the rupture of the tiny blood vessels in your neck, which what causes the discoloration or bruise. Once you first get the Hickey, appling ice will work, but will not get rid of it.
    As far as for covering it up, good luck with it.
    Sorry this may sound sort of harsh it really is ment to, but if you know you have class, work etc.. and are aware that someone is sucking on your neck, which causes Hickey's and you dont want it to be noticed then don't allow that person to suck on your neck.
    You can try make-up etc,, but honestly it has to go away on it's own. Just chalk it up as a reminder, not to let someone suck on your neck if you know you have something to do.

14. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

My son was 16 when he got his first hickey... on the eve of my parents' 50th anniversary party. I was so pissed at him! I mean, it was a BIG celebration with a couple hundred relatives and close friends of my parents, most of whom he was meeting for the first time, and he has an enormous hickey on his neck. Naturally he was proud of it. :eyes