Hi there!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by nerdcore86, May 21, 2006.

1. nerdcore86

nerdcore86 New Member

Hello,
    I'm new here, and just wanted too make myself known. I'm a twenty year old college student from central Illinois (possibly the most exciting place in the US...not really). I am in a year and a half long relationship with the greatest guy in the world, and I couldn't be happier. I hope to get to know you all a little better in the future.:)

2. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Welcome to :sf nerdcore86. :)

Why did you choose your name?

3. nerdcore86

nerdcore86 New Member

My friends and I are all really big nerds, and we joke that we're "nerdcore." It sounds cooler than saying we're geeks... or something

4. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

What makes your nerds? :)

5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Welcome to the forums nerdcore86! The difference between a nerd and a geek (and only a big time nerd such as I would know this :p) is that a nerd is someone who is really interested in studying and learning, who wants to increase his or her knowledge constantly, someone who loves school. Whereas a geek is someone who possesses a very specialized knowledge about something technical or esoteric, such as computers or Star Wars. Of course it's possible to be both at the same time, but usually one of them is the dominant trait. I am a nerd. Krof is a geek. I'm always wanting to acquire more knowledge. He's knows just about everything there is to know about computers. It's true love.

6. Thorn

Gold Member

Welcome to the forums nerdcore86. Hope you stick around and have some fun here. :)

7. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

LOl - well, I'm not a nerd or a geek. I'm just an oversexed grandma.

Welcome to :sf, nerdcore86. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. We have fun, learn alot from each other, and share interesting .... 'positions' ... on various subjects. :lol