Hi there, I'm awesome!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Stefanie, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Stefanie

Stefanie New Member

. . . seriously, how do you make an introduction thread title that hasn't been used by 50 other people in the last few days? Probably should have just gone with "Hi, I'm new," but at least this title made me laugh. :rofl

I'm not very good at introducing myself, so I'm posting the same thing here that I wrote for my profile. . .

I love talking about sex and relationships - it's part of my job as a Passion Party consultant. Helping women develop and enhance their sense of sexual self-confidence is my passion!

I'm also a forum junkie, I probably belong to a couple dozen and regularly post on 5 or 6. I love dogs and cats - I have one dog and two cats at home, and I was linked here by a friend on one of my dog forums. I love photography, especially of pets and automobiles. I'm in college and working towards an associates degree right now, am a total diesel geek and love the 6-8 hours I spend in the shop every week. I have an 05 Volkswagen TDI that is what got me into cars in the first place.

Note: My sexual orientation on here is misleading - I do NOT identify as bi-sexual, but as pansexual. I'm honestly surprised there weren't more options. I'm (surprisingly) happy in a committed relationship and not looking for anything but friendship. I'm not really the type that seeks out relationships, but I fell into one without really noticing it.

2. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Well, hello and welcome!

3. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

It would seem that you'll fit right in here Stefanie...:D

Welcome to SF,......:welcome

4. Texas_Red

Gold Member

I totally understand the logic behind your topic title. Also, this would make the second time in a short period I've heard the term "pansexual." Might be good topic fodder... :)

Welcome to SF.

5. luvbug

Gold Member

Welcome to SF!

6. GreyGoose

Gold Member

Welcome to SF. A chicl that likes cars and photography is great my book. I detail cars and the hardest for me is capturing the before and after pictures. I really wish I had some photo skills.

7. HardRocker

Gold Member

Hi Stefanie, we're glad you came to try us out. I saw a linkback from a dog forum you may have followed to get here. It led to a pretty contentious conversation, so feel free to jump in whenever you please. And including myself, we have a few gearheads among us. Welcome to SF.

8. Flame

Flame New Member

A very warm welcome from me too :) This is a great forum with wonderful people!

9. Stefanie

Stefanie New Member

Logic? No logic, just me being silly. :p I didn't know what to put there.

Pansexuality makes a great topic. Who knows, I might make one if I figure out what forum to make a thread like that in. To me, sexuality is very fluid. It all comes down to labels, but I really do feel that simply saying "straight, gay, and bi-sexual" is not enough. It's leaving huge gaps in the spectrum of sexuality that people can enjoy. :)

Thanks! Do you have a DSLR? It can make a really difference once you learn how to use it. I went from taking blurry, crappy photos to decent ones like this after I got my camera and learned how to shoot in manual mode.

[​IMG]
    IMG_3504 by noludoru, on Flickr

Yup, I have a friend on here. Can't believe she never told me about this place before now. :rofl

I made a nice, long-winded post when I saw the new thread in the "Latest Post" bar. I really like that feature. I'm chatty when it comes to dogs.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!! :)

Here are a couple pics since I did mention my pets and I was going through my flickr to find that car picture. . .

My dog:

[​IMG]
    Black & White

My cats:

[​IMG]
    IMG_7580

[​IMG]
    IMG_3282

10. GreyGoose

Gold Member

Great pics and no DSLR here I have a P&S Cannon. I'm thinking of a Nikon though because my before and after pictures could use to look cleaner and clearer I think it would make my detailing portfolio that much better.

11. Stefanie

Stefanie New Member

It definitely would! A great picture can sell a product. You can find cheap, refurbished ones online if you want to save money when buying one. Personally, I'd just buy an inexpensive body and focus on the lenses. A good lens really makes a difference when trying to get a nice picture of a car. If you're familiar with The Car Lounge at all, they have a great photography section with lots of tips on photographing cars.

12. HardRocker

Gold Member

There's my doggie. Unfortunately she went to the big farm in the sky a couple of months ago. Close to 90 pounds of lap dog. She was 14.

13. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Sure there was. You wanted to say hi in a way that wasn't done yet, and you succeeded! :)

That's one point of discussion right there. ;)

[/quote]

Nice pics of your pets. Much better than I could do with a camera.

14. Stefanie

Stefanie New Member

I'm sorry for your loss. She was adorable. I recently lost my cat, Tom, as well. :(

It could be an interesting discussion, I think. I always like to see the different ways people view love and sexuality.

15. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member