Hey

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by lmndke, Dec 2, 2006.

1. lmndke

lmndke New Member

Hi all.

Am at some sort of crossroads sexually (not gender preference wise) so I thought I'd come and see what others are saying about themselves and maybe get some feedback.

nice to see some uninhibitied folk here.

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

If you're at a sexual crossroads then this is a good place to be. We have lots of really great people here who'd be happy to give you advice on just about anything. Collectively we have tried everything. Welcome to :sf and I hope your questions get answered. It's nice to see another European member on the forums. :sf :)

:welcome

3. lmndke

lmndke New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Are you from Sweden originally, or did u move there?

My family is Danish.

I love a lot of Swedish music btw.

4. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I moved here. I am from the US originally, och jag är sambo med min svensk pojkvän. Basically I am living with a Swede, working as an English teacher, and taking Swedish lessons. I'm looking forward to seeing Germany and the rest of Europe someday.

5. lmndke

lmndke New Member

small world I also teach english here and am from the states originally. Jeg bor sammen med min kaerste

6. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

What a cool coincidence! Is this your first job teaching English abroad? I worked as a TEFL in Japan, where the Swede and I "met" online, before I moved here.

7. lmndke

lmndke New Member

yep, my first time as teacher. I studied language in 2000, so it's a bit fresh, and so far my students really like me and the job I do. I'm also going to get certified when I get around to it.

I really enjoy it.

It's very positively challenging and rewarding to see others be able to do something better because of your efforts.

My courses were also very fun and positive, which made me want to do this.

You get to know people in a special way too. You have to understand how they think and find ways to get what you already know for them to understand. again, I think it's great.

8. pirouette

Gold Member

welcome to :sf . :)

9. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

HEY!! Is this a 'private party", or can anyone join? :lol

Hi, Imndke. Welcome! --and trust me, most of us came here because we hit a sexual crossroad. It's great to find a forum of people who just want to express themselves, ask questions and give advice. Hope you enjoy it here.

:rose

10. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Looks like Puss has found a new friend:D
    Welcome to SF:sf Imndke :welcome

11. lmndke

lmndke New Member

how do u like living abroad? how's the assimilation?

was it easy to get a visa there?

I feel very at home here, more so than in the states.

The lifestyle is more my speed.

12. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I quite enjoy living abroad. I miss my family every now and then, especially around this time of year, but I've been living abroad now for about three years so I'm used to it.

I'm not sure if I'll ever be assimilated into Swedish culture or society. I have certainly adjusted a great deal since I arrived, but I think there's something good about being different. Sweden is a very homogeneous culture and it's good to shake things up around here.

I didn't find it hard to get a visa here. I had an excellent CV and was able to get a job almost immediately after arriving here. It wasn't so much hard, but time consuming to get a visa here. The bureaucracy is amazing here, not as bad as in Japan, but still.

I find that the more time I spend abroad the more and more I find it hard to identity with certain aspects of American culture, but there are certain things I'll always miss from the good ole Us of A.

Like the food, for instance.

13. lmndke

lmndke New Member

food i like better here,

bureaucracy was also a nightmare here, took nearly 6 months to get my visa. i got lots of extensions in the mean time though.

think you'll stay?

14. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I don't have any immediate plans to return to the US. My life, job, boyfriend, etc, are all here. Also my boyfriend is in school and can't really leave in the middle of it but he fell in love with California when we went there for a recent visit. We spent several days in Orange County and he said he could see himself spending the rest of his life there. Well, one or or both of us would have to get a really good job in order for that to happen because the OC is a very expensive place to live.

15. lmndke

lmndke New Member

I miss things like The Daily Show, Bill Maher, Comedy Central.

I don't watch TV much, but do miss good comedy.

We are supposely getting some comedy channel in Jan. here in Germany with daily "Daily Shows" as apposed to the weekly showing on CNN. Also stuff like Ali G and Little Britain I believe.

I like not needing a car to go everywhere. Christmas is much nicer. Lots more to do, clubs, cafes, festivals. If it's like Denmark there, those things seemed a bit expensive up there, here in Germany eating or drinking out, going to a cocktail bar, or pub, or club are fairly cheap here.

Also a big fan of the aesthetic here. The cities are much cleaner, safer, and much prettier IMO

Comming from Ca. I bet the weather can be a drag for u here though.