Hey, I'm new.

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Notoriouss, May 3, 2011.

1. Notoriouss

Notoriouss New Member

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I look forward to meet you all. First and for most I never been to a forum like this before so sorry if I sound like a total dork.

I would normally talk to my friends about this but they aren't available so I searched around and found this forum, but here is my question.

I go to university and I'm currently taking summer classes, in one of my classes I met this really cute girl. Without sounding totally lame, I am pretty good for breaking ice and talking to girls so when I sat beside this girl (this was a theatre class) and just made some comments to talk to her abit, moments later our Instructor told us to get in pairs for two's, so without any delay or doubt I asked if she would be my partner, she was happy and fine with that. It's a three hour class so as a partner I got to talk to her alot. She is super nice but the very weird thing with her is that she... it's hard to explain.. she doesn't look me in the eye, I feel she is extremely shy, but it seems like she talks to other people not AS shy.

Does she like me? it's hard to tell though. At the end of the session it was decided in the class that the partner and I would be doing a scene together for a mark in the course.

today it turns out shes also in my philosophy class, the class got into groups of 6 and we were in the same group, in group work I tend to be kinda silly and make some jokes and all that, and so I made a few jokes and the group would laugh, I would look around at the group she would look at her paper with a smile on her face after I made the joke. I try to talk to her often to get her out of the shy phase but it has not worked so far.

It's only been around 3 days, and at this point I don't know if she is just shy and likes me or perhaps not interested and trying to not get my attention. I know I sound like a high kid but it's kinda bothering me now :S

Sorry for the big story, but I just had to tell someone. Thanks for all your help, and I hope to stay here.

#1 Notoriouss, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  2. nurseharley

Gold Member

my guess would be yes, she likes you. i often get like that around guys i like. eye contact is pretty hard to make at first lol

she'll eventually get more comfy with you :)

and welcome to the site

3. Notoriouss

Notoriouss New Member

I guess only time will tell :(

4. nurseharley

Gold Member

why should you be sad?

5. Notoriouss

Notoriouss New Member

haha, no reason.

Just, I have met girls who are shy when you first talk to them, but not shy at heart like this.

6. nurseharley

Gold Member

consider it flattering :)

7. Notoriouss

Notoriouss New Member

thanks for the help, class tomorrow see how it goes.

8. Moon

Moon New Member

Yes love, good luck with her! And welcome to sf xx

9. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Hi Notorious & welcome.
    Yep she likes you alright but just needs a bit of time to get used to your attention.
    Be sure, she is fully aware of your attraction for her and she is flattered.
    Play your cards right, be cool and see what pans out.
    In my experience this is the best kind of girl to get as a GF.
    Good luck but don't push it too hard.

10. too_thick

too_thick Member

If she won't hold eye contact she might like you.

I also have trouble with eye contact with women I like. It's one of the reasons why I wear sunglasses everyday when I go out.

11. Notoriouss

Notoriouss New Member

Thanks so much for the advice guys.

Today when we all got to class I saw her and said "hey how it going right away", she talked back as if she knew me a little more, we are doing a scene togther at the end of the term, it was a scene she found so I asked her about it, and she told me everything about it. Eye contact is a little iffy still, and now I think it's not so much she wont talk as much when I ask her things, but she rarely talks to me first, like when we were doing stretches I was beside her it was pretty quiet because she wasn't really saying much, so I said "this isnt for me" because I'm not that flexible, and she giggled a little and smiled away from me.

I have never delt with a girl like this, it's almost an obsession now to try and crack the egg if you know what I'm saying.