Herpes/poison ivy??

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by WebDesigner, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

Hi everyone... I'm really not sure what to think, I know I have a spot of poison ivy on my right arm. Down on my shaft theres little bumps towards my head, and a small bump right under neath my head on the other side. On my balls theres a little bump as well, and on my inner thighs theres a bunch of little bumps, it doesn't burn like I read Herpes does, but itches a shit load like poison ivy does, I'm not sure if I have poison ivy down there or genital herpes, I will probably make a doctors appointment to get it checked out, but I wanted to first see what everyone else thinks.

P.S. I was in the woods the other day, thats how I got it on my arm, and maybe I have it down there as well because I was scratching my arm with my left hand... then I must have masturbated without washing my hands possibly :\.

2. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

No one knows ANYTHING that can help me ?? wtf

3. archer_007

archer_007 New Member

I dont know how to answer, but i have a related question. Ive got a bump near the shaft of my penis, but im a virgin. What could it be?

4. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

I'm betting that you didn't wash your hands very well after scratching the poison ivy spot on your arm. By doing that, you've got it on your dick & balls. Definitely go to the Dr about this because it could be something other than PI. I wish you the best of luck & I truly hope that you don't have herpes. At least Poison Ivy is curable!

5. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

ehh... I rather not go to my doctor... its a little embarssing....

6. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

Run to a drug store & get some Ivarest or Calagel. Try putting that one the spots for a couple of days. If it still itches or hurts after a few days, I recommend that you go to the Doctor.

Do you know if you've been in contact with someone that has herpes?

7. archer_007

archer_007 New Member

What about me?

8. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

Well I got head on the 26th of sept. from this girl I know christine, and we had a conversation after I told her about this, and she said she doesn't have Herpes and her ex-boyfriend she was with for 6 years didn't have it, so maybe it is just poison ivy, I haven't been with anyone since that.

9. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

Sorry! I'm really not sure what it could be especially since you're a virgin. My uneducated guess would be a beginning of a mole or a skin tag (a piece of skin that has gotten pinched). Or it could be an ingrown hair that has festered up.

I'm sorry...I'm just guessing! Does it hurt? Itch? Burn?

10. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

btw, it started to get a rash and started itching on the 10th of october.

11. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

grr, also I got the poison ivy on my arm I beleive on the 8th or the 9th.

12. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

Web, I'm betting that you've got PI & not herpes. It just seems ironic that you'd have PI on your arm & now you've got these mysterious bumps. Like I said, try some OTC products to see if that works. Most of those products have Hydrocortisone 1% in them plus they've lidocaine/benzocaine (numbing agent) for the pain.

13. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

Ok well I've been using "Cortizone 10" Spray that says its for poison ivy, but every time I spray it on down there it BURNS like HELL, I'm not sure if this is normal, but I wash it with cold water right when it burns cause I didn't want to leave it on.

14. archer_007

archer_007 New Member

Thanks for the help. :D

It doesnt itch or hurt or burn at all though?

15. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

I'm not 100% positive, but I think the spray has alcohol in it so that would explain the burning. Don't use that! It's probably irritating it more than it is helping. Get some Ivarest or Lanacaine or Calagel. It's got something in it for the pain, but I'll warn ya...it does sting for a good 30 seconds when you put it on. But after that, it numbs the pain & the itching stops.

16. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

ok thanks for the advice Shellen, but from the information I have said, do you think it is poison ivy or herpes?

17. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

If it doesn't hurt, itch or burn, I'd assume that it's nothing to worry about. The guy I'm seeing right now as a bump right above his shaft & I asked about what that was. I was concerned that it was herpes or warts or something, but he said it was from the skin being pinched since it's right in a groove. Does that make any sense? I believe him...he's a nurse for God's sake & I'm a Pharmacy Technician...so I'm not completely stupid about things like that.

But honestly, don't worry about it. Start to worry if it does start hurts & etc. Ok?:D

18. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

Poison Ivy. Thats what it sounds like to me. But if it doesn't get better in a few days, you should call the Doctor at least. Good luck & glad I could help you out a bit!:D

19. WebDesigner

WebDesigner New Member

Thanks again, I am going to head out to CVS now and pick up Calagel and Ivarest, going to try the both of them, Calagel tonight, and Ivarest tommarow night.

20. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

Hey Web, check out the ingredients on them. You might be buying the same exact product only with a different name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.