Her hormones at 50

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by p115, May 25, 2011.

1. p115

p115 New Member

My gf can be so nice&sweet loving one day and the next with just a little thing the mood changes completly around and will reverse back to happy again. she still has periods. anyone here ever have this happen, your partner or a friend? write about how this feels to you when it happens.

2. nurseharley

Gold Member

shes just being a woman

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

Way to cement a stereotype, NH. :p

Seriously, while I am not 50, I have noticed a recent change in my moods as well as some other signs of peri-menopause. If you google menopause you will see there is a rather long list of symptoms associated with the change. Mood swings are quite common.

I hate when I get moody and always feel guilty afterwards but, at the same time, I don't have control of my mood when it goes sour. It's a shitty feeling not being in control of your mood and to make other people miserable around you for no good reason.

Really, p115, your partner must feel bad about the mood swings. Just do your best to try to be supportive and get out of her way when she's cranky. It's the best you can do.

#3 Barbwire, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  4. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

It's probably menopause. That happens right around 50, and can cause dramatic mood swings from time to time, and she will still have periods for a while.