Help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AGFUNK, Aug 4, 2015.

1. AGFUNK

Gold Member

Yes, I'm asking here because it's the only place I have to do so. Does anyone have any advice on what to do for severe depression. Hell if anyone that's willing to just talk and listen would be nice. Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

2. whybother

Gold Member

I have am a big believer in medical care for depression. If this is very acute, call your doctor or go to a clinic. They will ask you questions about what you are experiencing and decide on the best course of action. If you are experiencing anxiety, something like Xanax can help immediately. There are lots of anti depressants on the market but they can take from days to weeks to help.

I also believe that "talk therapy" is an important adjunct to medicine. It may even be that talk therapy alone will help. Either way start with your primary care physician. He can help.

loves2ride and 10_3XL like this.
  3. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I can't take too many other medications because of the medication I am already on. I'm bipolar so I take medication for that and I was stable but this last week has been another dimension of hell. I'm going to have to borrow a phone to actually call my doctor since my new one hasn't come in yet. Thanks for the response.

4. whybother

Gold Member

All the more reason to see your doc as soon as possible. If you are feeling bad, it may mean that your current meds need to be adjusted. Since you have internet, but not a phone, you can email the doctor and explain that you are without a phone, can you come in. You could also go the office without an appointment. They will not turn you away for an emergency

5. David4020

Gold Member

All depends on how bad it is, but severe clinical depression almost always will need some help to get over. Usually a combination of drugs and cognitive behavioural therapy. Goes without saying anyone who has any thoughts of harming them self in anyway, should contact help straight away. Even that is easier said than done I know. As most people tend to think yeahh I will fix this on my own. Sometimes of course, it is possible to beat it and come out of it yourself. But other times it can end up where there really is no choice, but to seek some form of help.

HeartsDesire likes this.
  6. David4020

Gold Member

Ok I typed and posted my previous post. Before I saw this post. I see you are obviously on medication already. Yes do contact them.

whybother likes this.
  7. Candela

Verified Gold Member

You can chat with me anytime.xo

loves2ride and whybother like this.
  8. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

@AGFUNK - You know where and how to reach me and that I've got pretty decent firsthand on this sort of mess. When medication is a limited or unviable option then definitely talking it all out can help. There's no miracle quick-fix (as you know), and I'm not going to even begin to start with the "This Too Shall Pass" BS - I know that when you're In It then the end always feels as though it's on the distant horizon.

Do your best to stick to your regular routine. Keep taking care of yourself (eating, sleeping, staying clean, &c) and do what small things you can to have a semblance of normalcy. Avoid self-medicating fixes like alcohol, (not prescribed-by-a-doctor) drugs, excess sleeping, and all those sorts of things -- they'll only kick you in the ass and make you feel worse later.

Sorry, because I know that all of this seems condescending, useless, and stupid when you're in a depression. You can always open up and talk to me, though. I'm here for ya - hell, I think we're all here for ya if you need us to be.

Hugs, love, belief in you, and support! :)

12barblues, loves2ride and whybother like this.
  9. loves2ride

Verified Gold Member

@10_3XL said it....we're all here for you AG. I'm here for you too :)

Englishman and 10_3XL like this.
  10. cook74

Gold Member

I'm sorry to hear that...

My wife keeps her depression under control with medication but alcohol messes with that sometimes.

Hope you find some help and get solutions. Stay safe, wishing you all the best dear.

11. lucky5338

Verified Gold Member

I will always be happy to lend you a friendly ear to listen to your troubles at any time. As others have already said we are all here for you and want to help if we can. Sending you a big hug ! xoxoxo :)

HeartsDesire likes this.
  12. HeartsDesire

Gold Member

Im going through depression myself and am on meds.

Id be happy to listen/talk at any time.

lucky5338 and whybother like this.
  13. AGFUNK

Gold Member

Thanks all for your kind words. I just keep getting hit harder and harder. As soon as I was getting back up again a little I got shoved down again and kicked hard. So much is going on and I don't know if I can handle it. It's nice to know I have so many people that will listen.

HeartsDesire likes this.
  14. lucky5338

Verified Gold Member

lots of us want to help you. tell me how I can help. :)

HeartsDesire likes this.
  15. David4020

Gold Member

It is so good lots of us are willing to listen on here. And help if possible. But I also really hope you have someone in 'real life' in the flesh, who will listen and hopefully help too. Whether it's friend, family or a someone in the medical profession.

HeartsDesire likes this.
  16. Candela

Verified Gold Member

We cant help if you dont tell us whats wrong..

HeartsDesire likes this.
  17. whybother

Gold Member

We are here for you.

HeartsDesire likes this.
  18. Amature

Gold Member

I feel for you. My depression runs in cycles. One day I'm OK, then a few days later it's like I describe as dishwater swirling down a drain. The shallower it gets the faster it goes. Then my nerves get so bad the least little thing is more than I can handle and I start rubbing my hands and shaking. Sometimes crying helps, sometimes it only makes it worse. You've had several offers to talk to you, I hope you accept and open up to someone. I've heard this helps sometimes too. Good luck.

HeartsDesire likes this.
  19. jt _couple2012

Gold Member

I think that u should start by putting ur problems on a paper, eliminate as much as u can and focus on the hard ones and come up with a plan on fixing them. Stay away from negative people around you, even temporarily.

Try not to drag yourself into the thoughts of who did what? Did I do wrong when? Or, was I supposed to? Or, what if I did this or that? Please get away from all that and focus on the problems and how to fix them. Don’t argue with anyone right now; just fix the problems regardless whose fault it is.

Keep in mind that things will change and get better. Things never stay the same.

Meet a therapist once you have a clear idea on what the problems are.

From my own experiences, I believe that most of emotional issues cause no problems as long as u can deal with them even if they are not fixed right away.

Again, the most important thing is to believe in yourself and believe that you will definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel. All u need is believe and focus.

HeartsDesire likes this.