Help! What is my problem?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FlirtyChick, Apr 16, 2008.

1. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Hey y'all!

I am going through some serious traumatic stuff and usually I eat like it's my last meal when I am upset, but I have not eaten in about three days. I did not eat a bite all day Sunday, I ate about 5 bites of hot and sour soup Monday, then a tiny bowl of French onion that night with a pita wedge, a handful of cheezits, and then a handful of almonds today. I have been slamming coffee and soda, and have been taking a glass of wine to bed. I don't feel hungry. Anyone else been through this before?

2. bsxy420

Gold Member

no....i eat all the time...hence why i have a belly...hope you get to eating like its your last meal again really soon.

3. loveit247

Gold Member

Yip, I pretty much get like that when I am stressed. I hate eating when my stomach is in a knot.
    Any advice. Mmmmmmm I don't know. Smoke some killer weed to stimulate your appetite! LOL! KIDDING.

I have no idea. I usually come round after about a week.

4. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

We all deal with stress in our own ways. Some of us eat more, and some of us don't eat. I tend to stop eating when I'm depressed, and over-eat when I'm really stressed. I was about to give you loveit's advice but thought better of it. :) Anyway, I'm sure it's only temporary.

5. heelfetish

Gold Member

I agree with PiB. People deal with stress and depression in different ways, and for myself, that varies from one episode to the next. And honestly, I don't think I have any control over it. I just 'go with the flow'. I'm sure once the issue comes to pass that you'll be back to normal. And as Puss said, it is only temporary. It WILL pass. :)

*hugs to you*

6. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

I would have expected BD to have something to say by now......;)
    Im hoping he's not the reason for your stress....:nerv

7. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Send me some! My address is....LOL. Thanks for the laugh. I have been at a point where I couldn't eat one meal for a reason, but never four days, without a hunger pang!

8. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Nah, I am always the source of my own stress. He does his best to help me, poor man.

9. Squint

Squint Member

Personally if I am truly stressed I will have 2-3 glasses of a good wine, just so I can sleep well. Being a guy sex works WAY better, and in so many ways, but is not always practical. Did I really say that? I am getting older. If you do not sleep well your problems will compound over time.

Food: the first problem many people have is thinking or feeling that food will make you happy. Perhaps it does but only for a very short period of time and typically then you WILL be unhappy with your self for much longer. Restraint is like a mussel it grows stronger with its use.

Extremes are never good; you need healthy nutrition, total denial will only lead to regret. Small changes accumulating over time can be sustainable and healthy. Choose lean protean and carbohydrate lean, at the very least you will feel better. Drink lots of water.

10. sarah_rslp

sarah_rslp New Member

Lack of appetite could be a sympton of lots of different things. You say yourself that you're feeling stressed, the effect on your body of not eating definitely isn't going to help.

If I were you I'd take a long walk or a swim or some physical activity ideally outside and see if that has any affect on your appetite. It definitely won't do any harm.

#10 sarah_rslp, Apr 19, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2008