Help me with this guy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by college_girl, Oct 27, 2008.

1. college_girl

college_girl New Member

So I am a college freshman and I am in this class with a guy 10 years older than me. He talks to me like I'm smart and like I am respectable, which really means a lot to me.
    This past week we had an exam in the class we share. After I finished the exam, he told me to wait outside for him. Then we walked to our cars, made small talk, and he said my tires needed air which lol made me swoon. And when he drove off he honked twice for bye to me.

I guess maybe he was trying to make the first move? I don't know how to decipher guy-isms very well.
    But he seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't be into the age difference between us. Like some guys you can tell are like "omg legal jailbait!" but he doesn't seem to be one of them.

Can someone help me find a subtle way to feel this guy out and figure out if he's actually in to me??

2. Dreama

Gold Member

Ask him out, if you're interested in him. That will tell you if he likes you or not.

3. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

If you want to get to know him better but you're not sure how he feels about the age gap, start off with coffee and platonic friendship. I once worked with a gal who was much younger than me. She invited me to her home for dinner a couple times, but I didn't think it was appropriate and declined. (I was also her boss.) However, we started going to coffee together every morning, then lunch, then dinners and just hanging out together. It was all innocent, but within a couple months I was totally smitten with the young lady. But for some unusual circumstances that tore us apart, we might still be together.

4. elonlyBuster

elonlyBuster New Member

Sounds like something I'd do. He sounds like the actual nice guy (not the stereotypical one you see in movies), but the guy sounds like he has an interest in you, but maybe he's a tad bit shy to pursue it. My first thought is if you find him attractive, ask him to have a cup of coffee with you, and make 1 one of those excuses you girls are good at like "my friends are too busy for me" or "I want some company".
    And if you're taken but like him as a person, next time you're talking have a convo but toss in som'n subtle about your sig other, but still ask him if he wants to have coffee or something with you.

Regardless of whether he's interested in getting closer to you or not the guy sounds like a nice guy that just wanted to talk to you.

5. rugbylad82

rugbylad82 New Member

i agree with dreama whats the worst that can happen he sounds like a decent guy and even if hes not interested he will likely just be flattered, and not be too bothered by it.

6. HillyMiku

HillyMiku New Member

I agree with Dreama but you might want to feel the situation out a bit more. Do you want to ask him out?

7. college_girl

college_girl New Member

Yeah, I really like him, and I would ask him out if I had a little more insight into how he feels about me. It seems like it could be a platonic thing... or maybe he just needs someone to talk to about certain things in school?

8. igor

Gold Member

That's a new pickup line. :lol Don't think I've heard that one before. :D

9. college_girl

college_girl New Member

Let me just say, it works! I've been thinking about him ever since.

10. majuro15

majuro15 New Member

Coming from the shy guy, he definately has an interest in you. I'd do the coffee thing or maybe a study session at school, something neutral and see where it goes from there.

FYI, you should have about 32-38 psi in your tires. ;)

11. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

This.....And don't worry about the age gap. Doesn't matter. Respect, maturity and attraction matter.....and common interests, other than sex.

12. cbrmale

Gold Member

Nothing beats an invitation to have a cup of coffee together to see if he likes you or not.

13. college_girl

college_girl New Member

Well, I found out in class tonight that he doesn't really like me after all. He thinks I'm needy. And too young.

I think he was paying attention to me so I would help him in class. I'm one of the top students in the class so I guess by buddying up with me he gets a better grade since I'm such a nice generous person that I couldn't resist helping him out. Oh well.

14. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Hun, and no offense to the few good guys out there. Learn now. Men are out for what they can get from you. Be selective and stay smart.

15. college_girl

college_girl New Member

Thank you. I'll remember that.

16. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

I don't mean to seem bitter, but there are very few men who will care about your for you. You seem smart enough to know the difference, and your "oh well" made me smile. Respect yourself above all......

17. majuro15

majuro15 New Member

Bummer, sorry to hear that. Better luck next class??? LOL.

18. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Yup most guys are. I don't think I'm one of those (though I may be wrong). I'm picky as hell about who I want to date or even sleep with for that matter. So yeah ...

Being selective is a good thing.

19. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

*bows*