Help, I fell asleep while having sex, and my boyfriend is upset!

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by eimaj42, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eimaj42

eimaj42 New Member

I am SO embarassed... Last night I fell asleep while having sex with my boyfriend of three and a half years. I was just very comfortable, and it fell very good, and somehow, before I knew it, he was asking me if I was asleep. I was a little tired yesterday, but I've been far more tired when I'd had sex with him before and NOT fallen asleep those times!

Anyway, now he's rightfully upset and embarassed, and I am as well. His sexual insecurities are way up right now and he feels this event is proof he must be "not enough for me" even though I've loved having sex with him every single time it's ever happened. What can I do to help his ego feel better? :(

-M

2. Jake424

Jake424 New Member

Don't sweat it too much...just tell him how comfortable (and tired) you were. (And make it up to him later..!!)

All will be fine.

3. eimaj42

eimaj42 New Member

I offered to make it up earlier and he rejected me... I already told him I was sorry and embarrassed. I'm worried anything I add he will just say is me pretending to enjoy having sex with him. :( Are there suggestions of things I can DO or should I just wait it out? I hope this doesn't happen again!

4. Jake424

Jake424 New Member

Do you normally have to pretend to enjoy it, or do you really enjoy it??

5. eimaj42

eimaj42 New Member

I don't pretend at all! When I was initially with him I never wanted to complain if something hurt a little or was uncomfortable but he helped me learn it is better to be vocal than not. But I've never pretended to enjoy it because I always have.

Also, he's fallen asleep when I've had sex with him when he was either really drunk or really tired and I never got so hurt about it! I wish I could understand better.:(

6. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I've fallen asleep getting a bj, and my wife has fallen asleep while I was going down on her. It seems like it shouldn't happen, but it does. He'll get over it.

7. Dreama

Gold Member

If I were you, I would remind him of that, because how can he fault you for something he also did? That seems unfair. Let him know that it hurts you that he could be so insensitive to you, yet he is a bit of a hypocrite!

8. HardRocker

Gold Member

If he's spending very much energy being pissy about it, that's just petty of him.

9. pussycat69

Gold Member

I agree.

Shit happens.It wasn't intentional.You were just too comfy.

10. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Do a 100% nude dance for him! Do it with lively music, and with you blindfolded! That should wake both of you up!

11. Brad

Brad New Member

Firstly I would print out these threads and show him them. It shows your honest concern.

I can honestly say that if I were your lover, we both would now be having a giggle about that.... seriously!

Sex is many things but it should be fun also.

Sex definitely isn't always as planned, but hey life is way too short to let something like that cause a big issue.

It really should not be a big deal.

12. SDAVIS

SDAVIS New Member

He shoudl take it any way he can get it! I would just try to start earlier in the evening next time to reduce the chances fo that again. We often start late and I sometimes fall asleep before we even get going, which is too bad, but I work hard and get too little sleep.

13. Bluesy

Gold Member

Um, yeah! Welcome to Hypocrite City, population: one irrational and insecure guy. Seriously, I would not let this get you down. If he can't act like a grown-up about it, I would pretend it never happened and go about my business as usual. Why dignify that sort of behavior with any response at all?

#13 Bluesy, Nov 2, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  14. eimaj42

eimaj42 New Member

Thanks everyone, I think I was overreacting. My boyfriend and I have that in common! Things are better now, anyway. :) However, male insecurity is something I think I'll bring up in another post!

-M

15. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

I'm recovering from insecurity. I guess being that smart nerdy kid in school most of my life made me a big target for people's wit. At some point you have to replace insecurity with a touch of arrogance. Face it, there will always be someone that is Smarter, stronger, better looking. So cultivate that which is unique to yourself, your personallity. Work to change the things you don't like about yourself.

We'll see how this whole change thing works out for me.

16. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I think everyone suffers some from insecurities now and then. I certainly have and still do. (It's public speaking that scares the crap out of me.)

17. originaldankstr

originaldankstr New Member

How hard is it to stay awake during sex? He must have a little dick lol.

Like everyone, he's insecure.

18. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Is he still rejecting you eimaj?

19. CC29

CC29 New Member

Fell asleep while having sex? I've never heard of such a thing! Thing is, if you were giving him a BJ and you were really into it and he fell asleep, how would you feel? UNBELIEVABLE!!!

20. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Despite the best intentions, it happens!

Hi Si Si,

It happens! For example guys like me who work super hard and long. Once I zzeed out while in bed with this red-head, Diane. I was living in San Jose California at the time. I woke up in the morning and I had these little white, flakes, they looked like dried up laundry detergent on my dick! When I woke up, I was shocked and asked, "What happened?" She said, "Don't you remember? You had a hard-on last night so I figured why waste it?" The white stuf was some medication she was sticking in there for a yeast infection. But I swear, I NEVER WOKE UP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.