Help - coworker!

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by On_Top, Feb 9, 2013.

1. On_Top

On_Top New Member

I work with an absolutely gorgeous 18-year-old boy. I'm 24. I really really want him. I can't tell if I just want to fuck him or have a relationship too. He's told me how good he is in bed as a response to me confiding how dissatisfied my exes have left me. He also told me he likes older girls.

However, I'm not sure this means he likes me. I want to play it safe because I don't want things to be awkward. We've hung out once outside of work and it was weird. But time has passed since and our conversations at work have gotten more flirtatious and he seems really protective and caring to me.

How do I feel him out without crossing the line?

2. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

Word of advice:

Do not sexually and/or romantically involved with someone at work. Rarely does any good come of this. Someone who seems to be a confidant now, may become a back stabber later. At little least, people around you will figure it out, which is never good.

xx

3. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

Well said Cappy.

Also don't forget about the fall out if things don't work out. He might say and expose somethings you might not want others to know about to your fellow co workers. I've seen this first hand in my office when one of our employees dated a temp...things didn't work out, he talked and showed x rated pics he took of her and the both lost their jobs and he got sued by her for sexual harassment and some other charges. It was pretty nasty.

4. On_Top

On_Top New Member

Is it really that wrong? I know other co-workers who date.

5. AtkCCC

Gold Member

Sounds like the conservation you 2 have had already indicate possible sexual intentions. And yes, it could be akward if things dont work out. I say do not rush into anything, just see how it flows. Good Luck.

6. redics_girl

redics_girl Active Member

i say- you're young, he's younger, have a fling and have fun.

7. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

Tread very carefully. It doesn't matter if it does work out and if you don't tell anyone. If you work together, someone there will figure it out. This will put you and keep you at the forefront of the workplace gossip. This is never a good place to be. It happens every time. I learned this the hard way. We never told anyone at work that we were doing it, but someone figured it out and it wasn't a good thing. Things got worse after being an unofficial couple for the better part of a year, she started hanging around the brown nosers at work. They convinced her that I wasn't good enough for her and also convinced her to pursue a management position. So she dumps me and I'm really under the microscope. I ended up being forced to change departments and eventually lost my job. Trust me. You don't want to put yourself in that position.

There's an old adage that is very true. Don't mix work and pleasure. More truth could hardly be packed into a sentence than there is there. The less people you work with know about you and your life, the better off you are. Even being to social and open with a workmate is asking for trouble. The person you confide in today, may very well be stabbing you in the back to get ahead, six months from now.

Even if it's platonic, having too close of a male/female friendship at work will cause the rumor mill to assume you are fucking each other. I was once good friends with a female co-worker. We'd occasionally have lunch together and beers after work, just to talk. Soon, the workplace gossip had us fucking each other. Close to a year later, Since everybody thought we were anyway, we became FWB. I left not long after that though, so it didn't really matter.

Again, be VERY careful of who you get involved with at work beyond casual breakroom conversation. It can bite you in the ass when you least expect or need it.

xx

8. almostthere

Gold Member

Cappys dead on but, your 24. You will only find out how right cappy is by experience. Is it a career job? Or something your doing until you get you path in life? If its what your going be doing as a career then dont,if not bang away

9. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Cherry on top, if you are a risk taker and can take the heat; go for it but if you fear consequences shy right away.
    As Cappy has already mentioned we have experienced such incidents in our workplaces and the usual fallout hits the whole team and as manager I don't appreciate my workers not being effective because of two people becoming lovers then despising one another when it all goes sour.
    However many married couples have discovered each other in the workplace so it is not all bad ;)

10. sandwich

Gold Member

I generally agree with what the others have cautioned, especially if you are working in a career position. If you go for it, the last thing I would do is let him take any pics or video...18 year old guy with hot pics?...it might be hard for him to resist showing them to friends or even posting them online. And right now, at his age, he is very likely obsessed with his penis, so his decisions about you might be more or less penis-driven. I mean no offense to the male sex, by the way. Older men are obsessed too, but they are smarter about their obsession.

11. curiouskitty

curiouskitty Active Member

hahah, sounds like me and my boyfriend, except im the younger one! i feel like you would KNOW if he wanted you in bed... but i agree with everyone else, be careful!

my boyfriend and i started working together AFTER we have been dating for 8 months. haha.

i wish you the best of luck!! :)

12. MrFusion

MrFusion New Member

We spend a good portion of our lives at work - it's only natural that we meet potential mates there.

You said you don't want to "cross the line?" I'm not sure what line you're referring to, but I'm sure you most certainly DO want to cross it. Otherwise this conversation wouldn't be happening ;P

As others said - if this is not a "Career" position for you - go for it. Otherwise, I'd probably still go for it but be a little more guarded/discreet about it. Life is too short for what if's and not to have fun!

13. 12barblues

Gold Member

Sound advice would be to stay away.....but when two adults are physically attracted to each other. It can be almost impossible. Cap's advice is rock solid, following it will be hard. But you need to try.

14. CosmicEye

Gold Member

I agree, I wouldnt. Its fun to flirt but dont fuck. My secretary is a fucking BOMBSHELL, but I would never say anything to her. But, she had fucked a guy there under the table before I started there. So lucky because she is so pretty.

15. ply

ply
    Gold Member

Is this a real job with a future?

If you really do not care about the job, ask him if he wants some no strings fun. Be very clear about the no -strings. He sounds as though he may be having felings for youn already.