Hello from Arkansas, we come bearing gifts

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by dlakey, Dec 31, 2006.

1. dlakey

dlakey New Member

Hello folks:
    Well I'm new here, what can I say. Actually to a certain extent I am looking for a new home. I am talking about a home where there is a free and open discussion of all things sexual. You see, I have belonged to a couple of web forums in the past that fit just that description. One of them, improvingsex.com went away for whatever reason about a year ago. The other one Chancesplayground.com was something of an offshoot of improvingsex and I just found out yesterday that it is also gone now. I know I had not been an active forum member for a couple of years, but still I liked to drop in and read and catch up on my old friends on occasion. At least we had some place to meet.

Well life moves on and I figured it was time to move on and find a new home, with some like minded people where we could have an open exchange of ideas on all things sexual. That was when I turned to google and sexual forums pops up. Sounded interesting so I browsed around some and liked what I saw. I hope you will like what you see.

To tell you a little bit about myself, I am married to a lovely wife Cheryl for the past 15 years and we have 2 almost teenage childreen, tweeners, YIKES. Cheryl and I both had rather typical southern working class upbringings.

We are both conservative in public, but in the bedroom we are open to exploring new things. We have always had a fantastic sexlife, and I am sure she would agree with me. We have always belived that it was good to bring whatever aids and devices we could bring into the bedroom to make things better.

As part of this exploring we came across a machine on the internet a few years ago that just blew us away. It was actually a short video clip of this girl riding this machine and the looks on her face were amazing. There was absolutely no doubt in our mind that the girl on this machine was experiencing a mind blowing orgasm. It was just not possible for a person to intentionally make that kind of face. The machine looked like a padded half barrel laying on it's side on the floor, with a vibrating rotating dildo sticking out of it. As it turns out this machine was known as the Sybian and could be bought online for a mere $1395. We looked around for other video clips of this machine in use and we found them, and the girls all went through similiar motions as this machine took them to the edge and then beyond.

In most of the videos the girls at first seemed nervous and chatty, and were joking and kidding around. Then as the machine was cranked up over a period of a few minutes, there would come a point, and it seemed the same with all of the girls, In mid laughter, they would suddenly stop, and this serious look suddenly comes over the face. After another minute or so the eyes would kinda glaze over with something reminiscent of the 1000 Yard stare from Nam. Then they would gently start rocking back and forth on the machine, ultimately exploding into a frenzied orgasm as the machines controllers reached about the half-way point on the variable speed dial.

Well anyway, we were really impressed by this machine, but like I said previously I was just a working class dude, and Cheryl was a stay at home mom. So the idea of spending almost a months wages on a machine that might or might not do the same thing for cheryl was just not an acceptable plan. Our only hope of Cheryl ever getting to try out one of these machines was for us to find someone who owned one and would be willing to let her borrow it. We had actually met and talked to a few Sybian owners around the country online, but none of them lived close enough for a personal demonstration.

This was until approximatly 2 years ago when we were talking about the Sybian with the proprietor of a local lingerie and sextoy store. At some point during this conversation Cheryl mentioned to the store owner that she should rent the Sybian from her store. Well nothing more was said about it, but after we left the store, this idea just kept nagging at me. Why do people rent things? There are essentially 3 reasons to rent something. First of all, it might be something that you don't use often enough to justify the full purchase price. Or maybe you want to check out a new product before you buy one yourself, so you go rent the same model of car and drive it around for a while before you buy it. Or maybe you are like us and just could not afford the full retail price of an untested "toy" but you can afford a small fraction of the full price to try it out. Of course there may be other reasons for a business to rent or lease different items, for for private individuals that pretty much covers it.

Well we talked it over, and over, and over until we came up with the idea for Electric Sensations. We have basically spent the last two years putting out pennies together and planning and building until we arrive her today. But what turned out to be essentially a locally based Sybian rental business, is looking more and more like a Sybian one Stop Shop Super Store, with everything Sybian. We are looking at creating many new accessories to go along with this perfect orgasm machine.

Well anyway, that's enough about me, we are now in the start up phases of the business and things are looking really good. But I spoke of a gift in my title. Back on December 6, 2006 I recorded a telephone interview with Dave Lampert, the inventor of this fantastic machine called the Sybian. I have personally nicknamed him Mr. Orgasm, because I really believe him and the machine he invented are probably responsible for making possible more female orgasms than any other man around. After all the Sybian has been on the market for almost 20 years.

Anyway, in this very candid interview, Dave talks about the past, present and future. In the interview he discusses his past, growing up on a farm in Northern Illinois. He then talks about societies repressive views on sexuality and masturbation. And finally he ends up the interview tallking about the future for the Sybian, Dave Lampert, and Abco Research, with hints about a brand new product line having nothing to do with masturbation or sexualtiy.

Well anyway, I hope you enjoy this interview as much as I did, sitting in the audience of the master.

electricsensations.com/podcasts.htm

Dan Lakey

Wow, I just scrolled back up, my apologies for the extreme length of this post. Hopefully you just scrolled on down to the link if you got too tired of reading LOL.

2. pirouette

Gold Member

Welcome to :sf . That's quite an "advertisement" in your intro thread. :lol

(Personally, I prefer the real thing to a machine anyday! :D )

3. dlakey

dlakey New Member

4 pillars of orgasm

My apologies for seeming to "spam", it was not my intention. To inform as many people as possible about an amazing machine maybe. But everything I said was true about looking for a new "home." I would really love to be involved in some open "brainstorming" discussions about all things sexual.

As far as your feelings about preferring the real thing to a machine anyday, I have long had a saying that "absolutely no machine can replace the warm touch of another human being." And we truly belive that. We are not trying to replace the real thing. A human partner can give you so many things that the Sybian cannot. This machine cannot take out the garbage or mow the yard, but most importantly the Sybian cannot whisper sweet nothings in your ear at just the right moment. What this machine can do is provide the necessary physical stimulation, to a woman who is ready, to provide her with levels of orgasm which she has probably never experienced before.

Notice that I said a woman who is ready. This brings up an article I have been working on recently titled something like THE FOUR PILLARS OF FEMALE ORGASM, or THE FOUR DIMENSIONS OF FEMALE ORGASM. The basic premise of the article being that it takes more than just stimulation to bring a woman to orgasm. There are actually four variables involved in a female orgasm.

First the physical dimension, this is all of the things going on with a womans body at the particular moment. It can be anything from hormonal changes due to menstrual cycle or the natural aging process. Also different types of infections can have an effect on a womans orgasm abilities such as kidney and bladder infections. And even things as seemingly small as the amount of sleep the previous night can have an effect on her physical orgasm abilities. Fortunately most of this physical conditions are either temporary or can be treated medically.

The second pillar of the orgasm is the mind. Most people have heard that the brain is the largest sex organ of the body, it could also be considered by some to be the most important, especailly for the female orgasm. A womans mental state have a very strong controlling influence on her ability to have an orgasm. Simply put, a woman not in the right frame of mind and not open to orgasm is NOT going to have an orgasm, regardless of how much she or her partner tries. What can affect a womans mental state for orgasm? More and more things considering the hectic life of todays soccer mom chasing after a husband and 2 or 3 kids. One of the tragedies about this is that orgasm is one of the great relievers of stress, but that same stress can also prevent her from reaching orgasm. Other things that can affect her mental state, things like her feelings at that very moment towards her partner. Is she mad at him for some reason? Hey guys, if she is ticked off at you, I don't care how long you go at it, she is not going to orgasm until you resolve those hard feelings.

The Third variable of orgasm is the enviroment. This is essentially what is going on around the woman at the time. This can be anything from the temperature of the room, they want to be hot from the sex, not because you are too cheap to turn on the AC, the sights of the room, and even the auditory signals being received in the room. I'm sure most any mom here can attest, the most disrupting thing when you are on the verge of having the "BIG ONE", is a three year old banging on the door wanting mom. Most women however do appreciate subtle lighting, even candle light. Soft mood music is usally a good thing. Unfortunately a partner saying some inconsiderate and insensitive things at the wrong time can ruin a mood quicker than a stinky fart at just the wrong time. However, heart felt words of love and encouragement at the right time are things that can send many women over the edge when nothing else can.

The last Pillar of orgasm is the only one that many men see and that is the actually stimulation itself, whether it be from; intercourse, oral, manual, or mechanical with a vibrator. The fact is that most women have only two orgasm triggers, the clitoris and the g-spot, although there are some isolated instances of women who can orgasm from things like breast or thigh stimulation or even having the right words spoken at the right time. But like I said, for the vast majority there are two triggers. And in most heterosexual intercourse positions there is almost no stimulation to the clitoris, and very little if any stimulation to the g-spot. Yes it will feel nice, but in most cases it will not bring a woman over the edge. For this reason many woman turn to masturbation for relief of their sexual tension, either alone or with a partner. As a matter of fact, a survey by condom maker Durex showed that 46% of american women actually own a vibrator, but another survey by the Berman Center of Chicago showed that only 33% of women use a vibrator on a regular basis. That is alot of vibrators sitting idle in the dresser drawer. The reason I belive most of them are there are because they are designed ineffectively and they just don't work. Besides all of the other disadvantages of the commonly available "sex toy vibrator." That sort of explains why my wife Cheryl probably went through well over $1000.00 worth of these useless battery powered "toys." before we discovered the world of the Sybian. Maybe I will tell more about her first "electric vibrator" in another post, it wasn't the Sybian.

Anyway, as you can tell, I have a tendency to ramble on when I start talking about something I am so passionate about. So I hope you don't see it as spam but just as me expressing my passions. And please I would love to have some feed back on my theory about the FOUR WHATEVERS (dimensions, pillars, variables). Does it make sense? I know most women already know about all of that, but unfortunately us guys sometimes get too one dimensionally focused and think only about the stimulation, and forget everything else. It would be like trying to sit in a chair with only one leg, like us guys sometimes try to do.

Well anyway, I hope you can see, I am trying to contribute, and look forward to more exchanges.

Dan Lakey

4. pirouette

Gold Member

If I thought it was spam it would already be in the trash.:)

And I do enjoy the more thorough posts on the forum. ;)

5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Hello and welcome to :sf

6. Bev

Bev New Member

Haha, that's one heck of an intro! :p
    Welcome to the forums.

7. heelfetish

Gold Member

Welcome! But I think I need the Cliff Notes version. :lol

8. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Welcome, Dan. Wow - that was a 2-cup-of-coffee Intro! :lol Funny -- It seems to me that I am somehow familiar with your name, and that of Mr. Lampert. ... oh well, probably just dimentia :lol

Personally, I'm not too interested in machine, but I did enjoy your insight into some very interesting aspects of a woman's orgasm. Hope you stick around. I'm sure you have much to contribute to this humble society at :sf!

:rose