[Ask a Girl] Heavy set guys

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by NewLife2626, Sep 4, 2010.

1. NewLife2626

NewLife2626 New Member

What is your take on a heavy set guy? I know its whats on the inside that counts but its not easy for a women to see that when most wont give you the time of day.

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

The man I'm marrying has a few extra pounds around the waist line. When we first met, he was a BIT smaller but he's always had some extra baggage. Honestly, a lot of the men I've dated have been heavy set. I've dated 2 guys who were bean poles and I always felt like I was going to break them.

I'm a heavier girl myself that oddly enough carries in it a way that makes her look smaller, but I still feel huge. Being with a guy whos more my size makes me feel comfortable and more at ease with myself versus being with a guy who's half my size and can't handle my weight on let me sit on his lap ect.

Now, there's a difference between heavy set and just letting yourself go. Being grossly overweight to the point where it's extremely detrimental to your health, that's just...not my thing.

There isn't a single thing wrong with a guy who's heavier. To me, it's about loving ones self. If you're comfortable in your own skin, who cares what anyone else thinks.

Now that I've rambled, I'm going to go crawl under a rock. lol

3. HardRocker

Gold Member

Not a girl here, but I'll throw in anyway. Grooming is most important in how you come across to other people. More than weight or any sort of less-than-lucky looks.

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

Are you saying that having a little extra weight is "less than lucky"?

5. HardRocker

Gold Member

No, look again; I said more than weight OR any sort of unlucky...
    I didn't say weight AND OTHER sorts of unlucky...

I was consciously careful about how I worded it when I first wrote it so as not to have anyone interpret it like that. It must not have worked as intended.

6. HotCassie

HotCassie New Member

I prefer heavy set. Always have. My Boyfriend has a little around the middle & his weight is proportioned right. He's is 6'1 & weighs 250 lbs where as I only weigh 125 & 5'3 in height.

7. cbrmale

Gold Member

NewLife,
    If women won't give you the time of day, maybe you're more than a just a little heavy set, or else something else is going wrong. What most women like in men is confidence, maturity and a good sense of humour. Confidence and maturity can be ascertained by behaviour, body language and so on. Maybe one's leading to the other, and your own view of your size is leading to a lack of confidence, which is what women are picking up.

8. luvbug

Gold Member

I agree with Mitt totally......If I was with a skinny guy Id be afraid Id hurt him. Im on the bigger side myself....so I prefer men a little more my size.

9. Lucky

Lucky New Member

As a guy that is according to my doctor anyway that has a little extra in the middle (I like beer), I have found that it has never been a detriment to me. My first wife was a professional model and my current wife of over 32 years is a bean pole. I think it's how you carry yourself and how you dress for the extra weight.

To those, that are afraid to hurt your skinny guys, I have never been hurt. LOL

10. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Nice backpedal Rocker:eyes
    Could have got yourself into big trouble there:lol