Heath Ledger

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cook74, Jan 23, 2008.

1. cook74

Gold Member

HEATH Ledger was battling drug addiction and depression in the lead-up to his tragic death yesterday.

The acclaimed actor was found naked and unconscious in his $26,000-a-month Manhattan apartment, surrounded by prescription anti-anxiety and sleeping pills.

Ledger's parents, Kim and Sally, and his sister, Kate, said his death was a terrible accident.

"He was a down-to-earth, generous, kind-hearted, life-loving and unselfish individual who was an inspiration to many," his father said outside the family home in Perth.

New York police sources said the signs pointed to either an accidental overdose or suicide.

Ledger, 28, reportedly spent several days at a drug rehabilitation clinic, battling an addiction to heroin, after his split from fiancee Michelle Williams in September.

This is the start of an article at http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23099380-661,00.html

I really liked this actor and even thought that outside of films he seemed like a pretty together kind of guy, I guess not.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a301/DeFett/DeFett-Joker-1.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1200/921060358_06bacbb10b_o.jpg

http://media.movieweb.com/galleries/2457/posters/poster1.jpg

2. squirtinbunny

squirtinbunny New Member

There is no official findings yet...he was apparantly taking sleeping pills to help him sleep as he had not been very well, and he had pnemonia also...Please dont speculate yet as he was a fantastic actor and a wonderful father!!
    And besides that...he was one SEXY man!!!

3. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

His career was just getting started too. This is a real tragedy.

When the new Batman movie comes out it will be pretty unnerving, just like when the first Crow movie was released, after it had already been announced that Brandon Lee had been killed in an freak accident during filming.

4. Dreama

Gold Member

Yeah, it certainly will be, Puss.

5. Halogen

Halogen New Member

It's not speculation to say that he apparently had a drug problem. They found pills and a rolled up twenty dollar bill by his bed - with narcotic residue on it. It's unfortunate that he couldn't kick that crap for his daughter. She has to grow up without a dad now.

6. cook74

Gold Member

That is definitely one of the worst things to come out of the situation. There might be a lot of people lamenting the loss of an actor or a hunk but there is a young girl that lost her father to drugs. Good point Halogen.

7. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Even though I wasnt a fan of Heath Ledger I find it astounding that there is a group of radical so-called "Baptists" from Kansas that intend picketing Ledger's funeral.:mad
    As if it wasnt bad enough for his family to learn of his passing through the media, before having any contact with authorities....
    Condeming him during his service, in front of his daughter,his parents and friends, let alone the world's media....has to rank as one of the lowest acts I have ever heard of...
    The reason being that he has been perceived by them to be promoting sodomy and homosexuality through his award winning film Brokeback Mountain.
    These same cretins also find it necessary to picket the funerals of Americans killed in Iraq as well......:yell
    Whilst I realise that the US puts up with all this crap in the name of "freedom of speech" .....words to describe these dropkicks just escapes me......
    This has got me so angry.....Im so tempted to fly over for his funeral....if only to just to bang some friggin' heads together........:hoppingmad

8. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I'm just glad that the beliefs of Fred Phelps and the rest of his congegration (which is comprised mainly of his relatives) are considered WAY outside of the mainstream and are not endorsed by the Baptist church.

This is the same guy who believes that the Iraq War is God punishing Americans for the US government's more accepting views of gay marriage and the homosexual lifestyle. He and his ilk have actually gone to the protest the funerals of several fallen Iraq War soldiers,...one too many as it turns out. They were recently sued for millions of dollars by the father of one of these fallen soldiers, so I really don't know how they can expect to afford to travel all the way to Australia to protest Heath Ledger's funeral.

I hope if they do try that you and Cook, and the rest of our loyal Aussie SFers will be there to kick his ass back to whatever little Nebraska backwater he comes from.

9. Jessie

Jessie New Member

We all make choices...........

10. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

I heard...

...he walked into a bar.

Really, really hard.

11. Peregrine

Peregrine New Member

I am so not into this Celeb stuff. People younger then him die tragic deaths every day.
    Kids are dying in Iraq right now. 19 yr old Soldiers and Iraqi children.
    A father throws his kids off a bridge in podunk Missouri. (Special place in hell for that guy)
    These to me are tragedies. Not some rich actor that none of us know and had the world at his feet.

12. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

And some of us make some pretty stupid ones to.......

And this has to do with??

I agree, the situation in Iraq and the guy in Missouri are tragic.....but its got absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread.....Jeeesus..:eyes

13. Peregrine

Peregrine New Member

Damn.,... and I thought I was being crabby.....
    ;)