Headache while masturbating

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Mikal, Dec 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikal

Mikal New Member

When I masterbate and get close to orgasm / ejaculating, i find that i seem to get 1 tremendous headache which lasts way to long and hurts very bad... Does anyone know why this happens or know how i can stop? ???
  2. farspark

farspark New Member

Hyperventilation and sudden changes in blood pressure can give you headaches like this. Are you taking big breaths, followed by holding your breath and tensing your stomach muscles before your orgasm? If so, try to keep your breathing regular during your wanking, and dont hold your breath while cumming and relax a bit more into your orgasm. You may also find tilting your head right back during orgasm contributes to your headaches as this will also restrict blood flow. The other thing might be whether you're standing, sitting or lying during masterbation... I suspect standing is probably the worst position for your particular problem as this is most like to be associate with a drop in blood pressure prior to cumming - the sudden rush of blood to the head during orgasm is another possible cause for the headaches.

Cliched truism: If this problem persists, see your doctor! ;)
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2004

3. Mikal

Mikal New Member

Cheers mate I'll keep that in mind for next time ;) I will let you know how it goes lol
  4. farspark

farspark New Member

Man, you got 650+ views of your thread! Is this a commen problem, or just one of great interest?
  5. Mikal

Mikal New Member

Lol, who knows... May be a common problem... If people replied more! Than maybe we would know! But until then we can just sit and watch...
  6. teh-J

teh-J New Member

i actualy also have the same problem. whats strange though is i just started experiencing it the other day. it realy sucks because its come to the point that i just cant wank anymore.

-J
  7. teh-J

teh-J New Member

i just did some research online and found that a period of about 2-3 weeks without masturbating should help this. i dont know if i can go for that long but the headache is so bad that i think i will have to.

-J
  8. m16802

m16802 New Member

Same Problem

Hey there. I have the same problem - as a matter of fact, just last night experienced a severe headache that is still being persistent this morning. It is really a shame because I feel like I should stop masturbating as I feel the onset of the headache but am then concerned about 'blue-balling' myself if I quit (which would we be a pain in other regions!) I generally just keep going and live with the pain of the headache. Just wanted you to know you're not alone. For me, it happens once in a great while - it's never consistent enough to ask a doctor about. As a matter of fact, before last night's episode, I hadn't experienced a headache during masturbation in over a year. When I was a little bit younger (I'm 23 now) I used to think it was the rush of testosterone that fills your body in preperation of the orgasm (a reason most men want to sleep after orgasming - testosterone is supposedly a calming chemical) that caused the headache - but I don't know anymore. Just thought I'd share my story with you all as well. I actually joined the forum for this post only. haha.
  9. dave5558

dave5558 New Member

Hey! I just had the same thing happen to me yesterday for the first time. It was a massive headache that is still with me this morning. I thought I was gonna die. I went limp so fast after the attack. Hope someone has some more info regarding this problem.
  10. bigsquirt

bigsquirt New Member

if you masterbate a lot, it should go away...
  11. bigsquirt

bigsquirt New Member

any feedback?
  12. gdubya

gdubya New Member

This has happened to me the last two times.

I found this site by trying to research this problem. I ahve never had this problem before and I am 40 years old. The headache at the moment of orgasm is so severe I think I am going to pop a blood vessel hemmorage and die. Is starting to scare me. Has anyone found anything else on this subject?
  13. slickncrazy

slickncrazy New Member

I had the same problem but it only lasted for a few days during which I have masterbated only like 3-4 times but then the headaches never came back.

Actually, come to think about, this thread is giving me a headache just reading it; hopefully the headaches won't back while I'm jerkin it, thanks to this thread!!! :mad :mad ...j/k
  14. bigsquirt

bigsquirt New Member

this problem seems to stem from some sort of anxiety and tension, which is released when masterbating... a healthy way of ridding anxiety and tesion
  15. botheyesonme

botheyesonme New Member

OMG, I also have this happen right as I'm reaching the pinnacle of my self pleasuring. WHICH REALLY SUCKS. Thats the whole point of masturbating..to cum...and then something like a headache right b4 you cum has to go and mess everything up. I dunno what to do about this. It just started with me about 3 days ago. I try breathing regularly, and relaxing but i still get this sharp headache at my right temple whenever im reaching orgasm....DO I HAVE A TUMOR??? ???

Sincerely,
    a frustrated woman.
  16. dannomite03

dannomite03 New Member

I also registered to read about this problem. I've been having the same thing happen. Infact, it just happened so that's why I'm searching on it. Mine was so bad this time that it was paralyzing and I got numbness followed by tingles all over my body. That is some scary stuff when you get a headache that is so sudden and so bad that you can't even move. I thought I was going to pass out from the pain it was so bad. I really wish I knew why this happened and how it can be prevented. Kind of too embarassed to ask my doctor about it, and now that I've been getting these massive headaches so often my parents are wanting to take me to the doctor. Really don't want to tell them what's causing the headaches. lol.
  17. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes New Member

Mommy, I'm scared! :eek
  18. dannomite03

dannomite03 New Member

Here's an update for everyone. I monitored my blood pressure, before, and after these headaches. When feeling normal I have a bloodpressure of 114 over 60. Directly after one of my massive headaches started i tested my blood pressure again, and my blood pressure was 140 over 90, with a pulse of 140. My pulse before was 60. Related? I believe so. How? I don't know. :(
  19. fantasien

fantasien New Member

Sounds like good advice. Everyone should know to breath when they orgasm!
  20. akampro

akampro New Member

Me Too

Hello :) , i tried your suggestions too... but it did not work out the pain still persists and its un-avoidable... i think i should try the process of waiting 3-4 weeks :uhh: ... long wait though... lol... will get back to you please enlighten me :phat if you have any other suggestions though... just writing this to say ya all are not alone!! ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.