[Ask a Guy] Have you ever hit on a girl who was obviously with her bf or husband?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by sandwich, Feb 18, 2013.

?

Have you ever hit on a girl who was obviously with her bf or husband?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. sandwich

Gold Member

I was just wondering because this has happened to me a lot. The last two times were at concerts. I tried to make this a poll but I screwed it up. How do I do it?

#1 sandwich, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  2. Mittimer

Gold Member

What would you like your options to be, I'll make it a poll for you.

3. sandwich

Gold Member

Thanks, Mitt! I think a simple yes and no poll would do the trick.

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

There ya go. :)

5. ISOParadiseCity

It depends on the woman I was with. But overall, guys have hit on a gf or woman I was dating MANY times in my life. I am not a physically oppressing guy, so I think guys think that they can chat up the woman I am with and not worry about consequences.
    It seems to happen to me more than other guys I know, but how am I to really know.
    Two times really stand out:
    1. In line at a club about ten years ago. My gf at the time was wearing a tube top. She was pretty, and had a pretty fit body. And she had amazing boobs. Not huge, but just beautiful. The doorman a the club insisted on her telling him a joke before she could get inside. Since we had been in line for a while, we noticed she was the first person for this requirement. Apparently dance club doorman think it's funny to hit on a woman in line with her bf right there. It was quite obvious she was my gf.
    2. I was at a local bar about 4 years ago with a woman I was persueing. She was extremely attractive. Tall, pretty face, amazing body. This random guy approaches us, and proceeds to be a total jerk to me. Him and I were actually friends from about 13 years ago, but he just didnt seem to remember. He starts chatting up the woman I was dating. I was kind of irritated, as he was a jerk to me, but I had to play it cool around the woman, cause she didn't really know what was going on.

I'm sure there are a couple other times I can think of, but those two stand out the most.
    I think it happens to most guys, at some point. I think it's an alpha male thing (I hate that term - alpha male).
    The trick is to be cool about it, while trying to successfully get the other guy out of the equation. It really is amazing the length and level of evil guys will go to, just to sleep with a woman that another guy is with or trying to get with. I wonder if women knew what some guys do behind the scenes to 'win' the woman, would said woman still be interested in the guy ? Part of me thinks it turns some women on, and part of me thinks guys do some REALLY shady things that women never really know about.

6. backcheck64

Gold Member

I've never done it, I've been hit on, and still get hit on. My wife's been hit on, a nice "get lost" usually does it, but I did knock one guys teeth down his throat.

7. sandwich

Gold Member

I'll tell you about the most recent time which was over this past weekend.

I used to go to concerts with my uncle and cousin because my ex fiance hated concerts. Now sometimes it's just my bf and me, or like this past weekend, it was my uncle, my cousin, my bf and me.

The guy was sitting directly to my left, and his wife was sitting directly to his left. To my right, in order, were my bf, my uncle and my cousin. This guy was very drunk so maybe he wouldn't have said the things he said otherwise. It was really pretty funny.

The first thing he said to me (other than a hello with an introduction to himself and his wife) was "you smell good". I just said "thank you". It was pretty loud so I don't know if his wife heard all this. He made some silly comments about what a fun guy he is, and then he started talking about my hair..."I love your hair. I just love long wavy hair like yours. It's the kind of hair you just wanna touch". He said this while he was staring at my legs. My skirt wasn't super short, by the way, and while I go braless whenever I can get away with it, I do not do it around my uncle, so I was wearing a breast restraining device aka a bra.

He said many other things, but these were the standouts. My bf kept asking me what he said, and we were both laughing hysterically.

Had my cousin been sitting next to him, she would have given him something like a little "better fuckin' get away" from Godsmack's "Whatever". She actually does not like Godsmack, but that's really close to what she would have said.

Then there were the guys who were talking to me while my bf and I were holding hands and making our way to our seats, and then afterwards towards the car. I smile a lot, so I might as well wear a sign that says "I talk to strangers". That is actually true.

8. EarthboundEnigma

Gold Member

It's probably cause you're a sammich. Everybody wants a taste. :lol

But in honesty if you're approachable and friendly, it doesn't matter who you're with or what you wear, people will always want to "sample" you. We seek out people who look happy cause it makes us happy, too. We're all big softies on the inside. :)

9. obi1

obi1 Member

Nope.

10. 12barblues

Gold Member

I've never really hit on any one.

11. MordsithLove

Gold Member

I don't get hit on when I'm with my SO. But I do get the stare down....

Which creeps me out by the way.

12. htoad

htoad Active Member

When I was single I would not do this. I was surprised at home may times woman would flirt with me, and I'd flirt back - but as soon as they mentioned "boyfriend", I would stop flirting (I'd still be polite), and they would wonder what was wrong with me. :) I guess I tended to view is as "she's flirting not so much due to interest in me but to get back at hey boyfriend", which I did not think was cool.

The worst time was when I was on a business trip and that evening decided to go to a dance club. I was sitting by myself and was just enjoying the music (I moonlighted as a DJ so liked to listen to how other DJs mixed their music), when a woman approached me and asked if I wanted to dance. I said sure, we danced for a while, then she came back to my table and we started talking. To make a long story short after a few more drinks and dances she was sitting on my lap and we were letting our hands "explore"... then she mentioned how nice I was in paying attention to her and not at all like her boyfriend - and I froze. Then I looked around and noticed a couple of guys staring at us from not too far away...

Soon she had to go to the bathroom and said she was "bringing back a friend". When she left the table the guys kept staring at me, and I just had this feeling... so I took the offensive and approached them, asking if they knew her. One said "yeah, and her boyfriend is a friend of ours". So I told them I didn't know, she just told me, so she was off limits, and I offered to buy them both a drink. They were surprised and thanked me, but turned down the drink. One said "we saw her going after you so we don't blame you for the situation", and we shook hands. I went back to my table, she came back with her friend (another female), but I kept her at arms length after that.

13. drewpatrick

drewpatrick New Member

Actually, a guys hit on me all the time when I am out with a man. I think it can be a normal thing. :)

14. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

Why isn't your boyfriend shutting that down?

15. MoralDeviant

MoralDeviant New Member

Never. I respect people.

Guys who do that are just asking for trouble. You might get yourself stabbed or shot doing that.

16. sandwich

Gold Member

So then does that mean all the women you've dated just flocked to you? I'm picturing a scene from an Axe commercial right now.

17. Clintriprock

Gold Member

I met one of my best girlfriends ever like this. I was out and saw her with this guy that she was obviously just not into but it was obvious that she was very into me rescuing her. Her date was a super good looking guy but very loud and arrogant. I walked up to her and said "God how long has it been??!!" and gave her a big hug and walked away with her. Her date was fuckin dumbstruck.

18. sandwich

Gold Member

Yeah, arrogance is a real turn off for me too.

19. 12barblues

Gold Member

Hardy har har....no, I just never " hit on " anyone...I never said " I'm going to try and have sex with THAT woman right there"...and then gone over and given some line of some sort. I could tell who might want to meet me and who wouldn't....and it would just be a matter of introducing myself and seeing if some good conversation broke out. It seemed to end nicely more often than not. But I was never a good pick up artist...lol

20. Trond

Gold Member

Not sure what to answer to this one, because I was never very good at hitting on girls in a very obvious way, and particularly not with their SOs around. BUT I think I may have strongly hinted to at least one girl that I was interested, this was years ago. I was fed up with being alone, and I figured if their relationship couldn't handle some light flirting then it's probably doomed anyway (I have never been very pushy). It didn't work, and they're still together (and friendly when they see me :D), so I guess I didn't do any damage.