Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bluesy, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Bluesy

Gold Member

Anyone else looking forward to book 7? Who do you think will end up with whom? Who's going to die? Any thoughts on the horcruxes? Is Snape a traitor or a hero? Will Harry defeat Voldemort? How?

Feel free to pose your own questions :)

2. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

sorry babe,
    I am a sheep
    I only look at what they show me in the movies, see no evil hear no evil

3. Localboy_808

Localboy_808 New Member

My girlfriends sister is a harry potter junkie she has all the movies and books she showed me her collection I was like cool but I was thinking to myself you're :coocoo lol. The worst part is shes 28 years-old I mean come on liking the movie/books is fine but obsessing about it thats kinda wierd no wonder she's single :dgrin lol. If my g/f reads this shes going to kill me :autofire hahaha...

4. Nettle

Nettle Member

I love the films and books and I can't wait to read the final book.

I think it is going to be full of surprises.

I believe Snape is a good guy.

It is the film premier in London next week, I am going to watch the actors arrive on the red carpet :)

5. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

I like it and I feel she has gotten better and better with each addition, which is hard to find with series

So I am interested with the ending

6. brob91

brob91 New Member

I personally couldn't understand what was so great about it until i read the first book and i became obsessed. I have to reread the books infact but i don't know what to think about the 7th book.

7. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Ive seen the films but not had the chance to delve into the books....

Its not easy finding books in English over here

8. Bluesy

Gold Member

So how long has your inner child been dead and buried? :p C'mon, everyone needs to get in touch with the youthful innocence at their core. What better way than to join in on what is the largest literary phenomenon to ever take place in history; nothing will ever top the HP craze.

So only Nettle has an opinion on DH? :( *sigh* Nettle gets all the oral sex her heart desires for participating in discussion. I agree, Snape's going to turn out to be a loyal OoP member. I think he may even sacrifice his life to save Harry's...or die in some heroic event or another.

Ok, so are there any other pervy older women who think Daniel Radcliffe is turning into quite the hottie?

9. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

The lion the witch and the wardrobe........lord of the rings......betrix potter.....

( Me i love fantasy/thriller/horror books.....
    The Dark Tower ( just finished reading the 7th and final book )

10. Nettle

Nettle Member

Oh dear God... I was so embarassed at my daughter's reaction when I said how those young men are growing up very nicely, *blush* she was shocked, lol

Oh... and I was brought up on The Narnian Chronicles too.

11. Darknight

Darknight New Member

lol, you arent interested in radcliffe! Youre interested in Potter! You dirty women :p

Cant wait for the film and the book moreso....am gonna be devastated when ive read it though, no matter what happens :(

12. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

If i come across those books in english over here ill take a look se, and se if they grab my attension...

the films were good, usualy the books are better ( as long as you have an imagination

13. ceiron

ceiron New Member

im excited about the book

14. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

It reached the top spot on both the Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble bestseller lists just a few hours after the date was announced on 1 February 2007.[3] American publisher Scholastic announced an initial print run of 12 million copies, together with an advertising campaign including the staged release of the seven questions most debated by fans.[4] The book is expected to be 608 pages in the British edition,[5] and has been confirmed to be 784 pages in the US edition.[6]

I wonder why there is a 76 page difference between the English version and the American version ?

And no one has read it , yet its the best seller already hehehe, thats got to be a major record lmao

In a web update on 6 February 2007, she wrote, "While each of the previous Potter books has strong claims on my affections, 'Deathly Hallows' is my favourite, and that is the most wonderful way to finish the series."

So all you fans of the Harry Potter books , this one should be the best by far, but also the saddest as it will be the end of a long story...

I mean when i was reading the dark tower seris by stephen king ( i loved the story ) but when i started the finale book of the 7 i felt a twinge of sadness as i knew when i finished it , that was it the end of an amazing adventure.

15. blue_bird

blue_bird New Member

harry's going to die. well, at least that's what i'm hoping for. i think it would be a good ending, at least for me, that is.

16. Nettle

Nettle Member

The thing is when you finish a long story like this... it is like saying goodbye to friends you will never see again :(

17. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Thats the sad part......with the one i just finished, i was well saddened by the final word of the fianle page ( ive been reading this story for about 10 years or so ) before anyone laughs at me about that, it took S.King 26 years to write it

Awsome adventure though..

18. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

I've never read any of the books, but I have all the movies. They've gotten progressively better, and I look forward to Order of the Phoenix. I'm trying to be a writer myself (putting the finishing touches on my seventh book before sending queries off to agents), and JK Rowlings' success is unbelievable, especially considering the predominant attitude that print is dead. I mean, come on, she has more money than the Queen of England:eek !