Hard Decision...

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by sharky, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharky

sharky New Member

My fiancé and I were at the doctor's office to find out fertility, and we are both good to go. :brow but while there we met a couple who arent able to have children as the man isnt quite as fertile as he could be. they have tried pills for him and no luck. lately we have been spending time with them and i suddenly found myself with the question of being a fertile donor for this couple. this couple want as natural as possible and kinda see the idea of the doctor doing the work as the same a farmer does a cow. they have asked me to have intercourse with her to have the sperm insterted natuarally. my fiancé, is fine with the idea but i am not so sure... i don't want any emotional scars for any of us. there is alot that goes along with it.

i really would like a few opinions on the topic as i am not sure of what to do or think.

2. Da_Vamp

Da_Vamp New Member

HI Sharky,
    I think the first point here is that you're firends with this couple. How is it going to make you feel to know that you have a child out there that isn't a part of your life?
    Are you okay with this man raising your Son or Daughter? How do you know they'd treat him or her right?

I realize if it wasn't for donors that some people would never have children, but I think I'd have a problem donating sperm to my friends.
    I'm afraid that no matter what the say now, it will bother them both that you had sex with this lady. It could pontentially destroy their relationship as well as yours! I believe that this could open to door for other cheating in your relationship. Imagine hearing...Yeah well you slept with (her name here) and GOT HER PREGNANT!!!!!

Just my opinions here...but I wanted to give you something to think about!!!

PLEASE let us know what you decide!!
    Vampie

3. jiggy

jiggy New Member

I agree with Vampie. It would be very hard for you and your fiancee to think about another couple having a child that was (half) yours. When people donate sperm or ovum, they are not generally used in the same area as they were donate in for security reasons (if two children grew up in the same area and didn't know they were related...). I think it would probably be really hard for you to deal with the fact of someone else raising your child. Your friends can have sex all they want, but seeif he can get some of his sperm implanted in his wife, it has been done before.

Good Luck!

~J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.