Happy Hocky to You!!!....an NHL thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sandwich, Jan 19, 2013.

1. sandwich

Gold Member

I was gonna start this tomorrow but I will take a tiny break from party prep to get it started.

Imagine me singing "Happy Hockey to You" to the happy birthday tune!!...no more lockout...YAY!!!!

I am soooo ready to move on from SEC football dominance, and it is just perfect that we got hockey back in the wake of Alabama's romp and roll show over ND. I don't like ND, but I soooo wanted ANY team from ANY conference other than the SEC to win the BCS national championship.

My team (Flyers) is playing in a half hour....used to live near Philly...too bad with all the party prep that I will only be able to keep half an eye on it. My cousin just walked by and asked me what I am smiling about....oh, I'm just talking about hockey on a sex forum. No....I did not say that....

So tell me about your hopes for your team!! I won't be back online today, so it will be fun to see how many hockey fans we have in board here. Bye!

2. almostthere

Gold Member

Im watching the phi pitt game. Not a pitt fan so im with you on this game. As for the seaon? This one shouldnt count

3. almostthere

Gold Member

Btw go rangers

4. CurvedUp

CurvedUp Member

Minnesota Wild!

5. CurvedUp

CurvedUp Member

Even though we are going to be below 0 next week for a few days.

6. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

Connecticut needs to bring back the Hartford Whalers. That is all. Then I will resume being a hockey fan.

7. sabian

sabian New Member

yes yes yes!!! I was getting nervous, didnt think there would be a season... Game on!!

8. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Devils all the way here.

But i agree, anything that happens this season will feel cheap or weird to me.

Of course as long as a normal season is, they can afford to lose some. The playoffs in hockey is like a second season, and you know the right teams will get in.

9. backcheck64

Gold Member

My Blues DESTROYED the Wings. Tank scored two in his NHL debut, team looked very good. As far as going to the games...I'm on strike for the rest of this season, less the sports news guys are right and the Blues go to the cup. With both my son and daughter playing, I see two to six games a weekend anyway.

10. sandwich

Gold Member

I knew we had some hockey fans on this forum! And we are all fans of different teams. My team lost two days in a row, but I'm glad to have them back. And yes, it will be a weird season, but I suppose I'd rather have what we have than nothing at all.

It just so happens that I will be visiting an area that is pretty close to Philly in May, and it would be awesome to catch an at home playoff game. I have not seen them at home in person since the later 1990s....Can't remember for sure, but I think it was the 97/98 season. There was a lockout a year or two or three before then.

On another topic...the Pats are losing, and that makes me smile!

Thanks for sharing!!!

11. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Makes me smile too sandwich! A big one!

But hating on alabama doesnt lol so watch it with that :p

12. backcheck64

Gold Member

I'll hate on Alabama. State has nothing, not a single pro sport much less the ultimate, hockey.

We had Blues season tickets for 5 yrs before the kids hockey schedules interfered too much. Do we love hockey? Had season tickets, both son and daughter play AA level, wife knows when players are traded before they do, if there's a game on, no matter who, it's on our TVs. During a Blues game, it's on in every room on the house...except the kids rooms since we don't allow TVs in those areas. My son is actually named after the Blues goalie at the time he was born...and now he's an insane goalie. On top of all that, I play when I get a chance and I coached the kids for 4 yrs while my wife was Pres. of the hockey club. Only one other sport, besides golf with I don't consider a sport (it's an activity) gets attention around here...Lacrosse. Only sport I know that's more violent than hockey, and I played rugby in college.

13. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

I meant the crimson tide. The football team. As in a joke because she was talking about the sec.

It wasn't really a call to start trashing someone's state. I'm not from alabam anyway. And i'm not so sure having pro sports teams is really how to measure a state's worth it is?

But i guess if we're going that route, having the chiefs and rams sort of offsets any of the good teams missouri might have doesn't it?

14. backcheck64

Gold Member

I was joking about Bama. And football sucks...no joke. And the Blues have been picked to go VERY deep in the playoffs....as in the cup. The hardest trophy in all of sports to win is the cup.

15. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Well if you been involved in sports as long as you say, then you know being picked to go deep and actually doing it are two different things. Predictions from the talking heads on tb are often worth what? We'll let the season play out.

I agree about winning the cup. Its a quest haha. I know how hard it is. I've seen the devils win a few ;)

16. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

And i would have to say "football sucks" is more of a personal opinion than a verifiable fact. Sort of along the same lines as, say, "lacrosse is a game for spoiled rich kids whose parents wouldn't let them play football because it's too dirty"

17. backcheck64

Gold Member

Blues came out of the gate hot by absolutley killing Detroit. 36 to 14 shots on goal. The only new face on opeining night was Tank, and he's fitting in quite nicely with 2 sweet goals, Stewart lost 20lbs and 6% of his body fat and he scored 2 goals, Oshe is back strong with 1 goal, and Berglund didn't miss a beat with the final goal. To completely shut down Datsyk is unheard of, not a shot on goal...and to chase Howard from the goal, either Detroit is now the worst team in the league..or they may be something to the Blues thing.

18. Frank84

Frank84 Member

Finally lockout ends from uk love to watch NHL

19. Maverick

Maverick Member

Go Devils!! Until there is a team in Seattle, Devils all the way (huge Marty fan)

20. biker061

Gold Member

finally!!! i am a huge avalanche fan, even though we live in ahl country and we work as off ice officials for the okc barons!