Hair question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tina, Jan 18, 2004.

1. tina

tina New Member

Hi everyone, I don't know if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find one so here goes...

This is a basic question for both guys and gals - my bf is VERY hairy which surprisingly is not a problem for me - I say surprisingly because I NEVER used to like hairy men, most the guys I've dated or been with either trimmed, shaved, or had hardly any hair... OK so where's the problem you ask?? I want to ask him to trim just a little (honestly just a little) - I don't want him without hair but I want him to "manscape" a little... the problem is that I don't know how to ask him to do this...any HELP on how to approach the subject...

Just a little background info - we've been dating since November so the relationship is fairly new.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. tina

tina New Member

Ok yes I know but I guess what I'm trying to get at from the general male population is if you guys get touchy about that or do you some of you think that's just for gay guys or things like that (nothing against gay men by the way - some of my very good friends are gay). And from the ladies I wanna know if anyone has been through something similar and how did you approach it...

I brazilian wax - just in case some of you were going to say if I would shave if he asked - but the flip side would be that if he liked hair I would probably leave some if it made him happy.... I'm not after him to shave his privates or anything just trim his chest hair.

3. Logger

Gold Member

Chest Hair

Dear Tina,

I once trimmed my chest hairs around my right teat so that my wife could suck my teat better during certain sex positions. You have not disclosed the exact location of which chest hairs you would like to wax. You have not disclosed a reason for removing the hair that is related to greater sexual pleasure for you or him.

If you did not orignally have a sexaully enhancing reason for removing those hairs, then think up something. You may wish to bring up the subject in a way that will allow your boy friend to say no. Plan for him to say no, the first time you ask. "I'm sure you probably think I am being over-bearing, but what do you thing about your hairs around ___?" and then after a couple weeks, just say, "Have you had any ideas about drawing some lines for me to follow?"

Another approach is to start licking the area where you want the hairs removed, and say, "I sure wish my tounge could get a better contact with your skin here."

Logger

4. Pex

Pex New Member

Get this sorted tina, I shaved my penis a few years ago as a trial, and its still shaved......I love it and the wife loves it, especially sucking by balls. Get him to have a go.

5. farspark

farspark New Member

There does seem to be a bit of a fixation among a number of members of this forum for "the shaved look" and how best to achieve it. Me - I tend to prefer my men and women to have a bit of hair rather than that plucked-chicken-check-out-my-shaving-rash look. I like women with underarm hair and public hair for instance - its the natural body look - and it smell nice too! (The socially inappropriate joke here is: "Give's me something to hang on to!") I even like that cute soft downy hair that chicks get on their legs if they never shave... And I like men with a bit of chest hair, cock hair etc. (I draw the line at the total gorilla look however!) So, that's my 2 cents for keeping a bit of hair on one's body...

However, in answer to your question... How about buy an electric razor with a "length-adjustment" attachment - for the trim rather than the total close-shave - And introduce it into foreplay... "Hey honey, want to get naked and muck around with my razor?" What guy would turn that down?? Maybe offer your own body up for a shave first (although this would only work if you've got some hair left on your body to begin with!)

6. tina

tina New Member

Thanks guys... just to clarify - I don't want the pubes shaved plus I seriously doubt he would do that anyway even if I asked... I don't mind the hair down there... the one I'm not used to is the chest hair and I don't want it all gone just "trimmed down" a bit so that it's not so unruly... I usually shave or wax my pubes so I thought maybe I would approach him by asking if he prefers me with no hair or just trimmed down a bit... the first time we hit the sack together I didn't think it was going to happen cause he seemed a little shy and I was kinda timid myself so I went to his place to hang out and didn't think about shaving/waxing so I just had mine trimmed and he went down on me with no prob... since then I always shave/wax because it is just my preference... but I thought I would somehow approach the hair on his chest thing by bringing up his preference for my pubic hair .... basically I wanted to know if guys take it the wrong way since I have never had to ask...

Thanks you all for your help... this weekend I have my kids so he gets to hang out with his buddies - next weekend I will ask away... :)

7. Pex

Pex New Member

Good luck tina, the worst thing that can happen is he will say no..........BUT he wont.

8. upilogue

upilogue New Member

Tina, how do you wax your pubes and how often? Does it, err, hurt? My wife's trimmed there, but I've been wondering if she would try waxing. Some tips would be appreciated. Except for trimming pubes and shaving underarm, she doesn't wax or shave her legs (she has naturally asian hairless legs), so this would be a new experience for her.

Btw, Newsweek (2 wks ago I think) featured a small blurp about men in NYC getting brazilian wax for their balls. Mine's shaved (midas gold touch 8000, baby. And micro touch trimmer -- they both work), but I'm not sure about going to a salon to get my balls waxed by someone else; though I like not having to get my neck sore from looking down.

9. tina

tina New Member

Ouch!! I can't even think about a man waxing down there!! I would imagine it would hurt alot more than it does us...

The first time I got waxed I couldn't really wear underwear for a few hours - I had read about it prior to doing it and learned that hydrocortisone helps with the reactions so I put some on and was ok a few hours later... It hurts, I'm not going to lie but it gets better the more you do it cause you sort of get used to it and of course the hair get a little less coarse so it comes out easier... just have some hydrocortisone in hand to ease up the swelling and skin irritation - but it's alot better than shaving or using creams like nair...

hope that helps.

10. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

OK, again i'll state that i'm strange. I do thinks like haircare because seeing myself like that turns me on.... i tried waxing myself once...but that hurt so bad. An electric razor and good shaving cream works well and can be done every day... or if your/your other is willing to spend 15-30 minutes a day grooming you can tweeze... when i do that it takes about a week to finish and lasts up to a month....

11. farspark

farspark New Member

Hey, no... not strange. It appears to me that the VAST majority of members on this forum prefer the shaved look to some degree. I would suggest that I am the minority having stated that I prefer a bit of body hair - on women as well as men.

12. tina

tina New Member

ok, so i still haven't asked yet because it has been a little hectic work and school wise for me and work for him so i just haven't had time but i just wanted to say that i thought it was cute and i was a bit surprised when he didn't mind the other day that my legs weren't silky smooth - that's the first time that ever happened because i usually keep them silky smooth especially if i know i'm going to be with him but that day it was a spur of the moment thing and he was caressing my legs when i realized they were a bit stubby but he didn't mind... he's so cute <3

ok i know that was dorky

13. Da_Vamp

Da_Vamp New Member

Tina,
    What if you broach the subject but ask if YOU can trim him...in a sexual way...Start in the bedroom or bathroom (whereever you choose) and then jump in the shower to wash away any loose hair. Next give him a Blow like he's NEVER had it before. It may make him decide to keep it trimmed! LOL LOL

I mean it gets what you want done and keeps him happy!!

Good Luck,
    Vampie

14. tina

tina New Member

Thanks Vampie,

I almost did just that this weekend but then didn't approach the subject... it's kinda hard to do that after great sex I think...

and maybe i'm getting used to it - the irony huh!

but i think i will give it a shot this upcoming weekend - why not right...

thanks everyone for your support and comments.

15. Collective

Collective New Member

and then tina I could use a shave. :D