Hair loss

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shadow, Mar 12, 2004.

1. shadow

shadow New Member

Well I’d consider myself a good looking guy although I never did before and was always shy and thought I’m not good looking as a teenager but I aint had a big problem with the females in my life so far, I’ve had a couple of girlfriends and came across many and so on so I have no problems what so ever at the moment except for now. Thing is I’m starting to lose my hair, and the worst part is that I’m only 21 (started to lose it at 20), which really stresses me out when I go out and see all these other guys with their great hair cuts and styles… I really miss having normal hair and styling it, it definitely gave me more self-esteem when I had hair and now I’m so insecure about it. Friends tell me that hair is not a big deal and that its not always about your hair, but I think that’s bullshit cause I’m their friend plus cause girls usually go for the looks first and I’m ashamed to go out now with my hair, I always wear a beanie or a hat or sometimes just shave it off during summer.

Does anyone have the same problem, or do you think it’s a very big problem? What do you think I should do, should I let it bother me that much or just not care about it no more? My girlfriend at the moment doesn’t seem to mind I think, which surprised me cause she is 18 and I would have thought she would want some hunk with some crazy looking hairstyle and all that, as I said I aint bad looking and the hair problem hasn’t made me look ugly exactly but definitely not as good as before and I’m worried it will effect my future relationships after this girlfriend if we break up one day.

2. Collective

Collective New Member

>>but definitely not as good as before

it doesn't get better..it gets worse.
    First your hair disappears the it re appears in your ears, nose and other places. Then you body hears south. Your joints start to hurt and you dick doesn't get as hard as it did.

So my suggestion would be to quit worrying about it and enjoy what ya have, cause it isn't going to last long. LOL

3. farspark

farspark New Member

I'm not inclined to minimise your concerns. The fact is we live in a youth-oriented culture, and male-patten baldness does not tend to fit with that.

There is a huge tendency in contemporary society to make social issues into medical problems... e.g. problems with erections? take a pill... problems with obesity? take a pill... problems with depression? take a pill... problems with body image? have surgery... problems with hair loss? take a pill/hair replants etc...

Personally, I hate this. My thought is that people need to learn who they are and love who they are. This does mean not paying attention to ones looks however. But in that case of male baldness, I agree - style options are limited. My recommendation is to buy a razor and go for the "number-one" shave all over, and do this on a weekly basis to avoid the fuzzy-chicken look. Plus get your eyebrow shaped while you're at it. Go for the manicured look.

Finally, if you still think bald can never be sexy - try to convince one women (or bi/gay man!) that Billy Zane is not sex-on-a-stick.

4. Collective

Collective New Member

I assume he's bald....but who's Billy Zane?

5. farspark

farspark New Member

aka. The Phantom...

Do a websearch for "bald Billy Zane" for spunky pics.

6. shadow

shadow New Member

Thanks for the advice, too bad they havent discoverd anything for hair loss yet that actually works. It's very frustraiting losing it at this very young age, now if i was 25 at least or 30 then I'd be less worried or stressed out but I'm just 21 and started to lose it around 19/20 and not like i don't have other stresses in my life, I do like the shaved head look, but it dont look exactly that sexy with no hair on the top and just the sides... I heard there are pills that will help keep your hair as it is now for a while so I might try that but need to see doctor first, although the damage has been done already but if some how I can save the few hairs left I'll do it... cause as I said when I shave it to 1 or 2, it looks ok although not that great... hair is a bitch.