Guys: Shaving Q's

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by ccjcool, Dec 12, 2007.

1. ccjcool

ccjcool New Member

I've been recently debating on starting to shave rather than just trim my pubic hair. I did it once before a long while ago, and found it to be extremely uncomfortable when they started growing back...so basically, I was wondering if any of the guys here that shave have any tips/tricks they'd like to share that could possibly make it any less uncomfortable after a day or two...also, how often do you normally shave/how long do you let it grow back before doing it again, etc.

2. heelfetish

Gold Member

The more you shave, the less the irritation. I think you start getting 'used to it', perhaps. I also find that applying moisturizers to the area helps as well. There are moisturizers specifically for shaving that work well. I use one by Jergens.

I tend to shave once a week. Shaving too often irritates my skin, and too long, well, the hair gets too long.

3. Scruples

Scruples New Member

I generally shave in the shower after things have steamed & suppled up a bit. Use shaving gel and rub it in well, then with new (sharp) blades, gently run over the scrotum and surroundings. I find that trimming the area above & around the penis very short is better than shaving and seems to last longer and less irritations. I shave my scrotum bear 2 or 3 times a week and it's easy and quick after the first time, then I apply an after-shave moisturisor cream.

4. Scruples

Scruples New Member

By the way, what do the female members think about this? Do they prefer their man to be bear or hairy? I think I've seen another thread covering this on sexualforums.com

5. Dreama

Gold Member

My lover doesn't shave, and I don't mind. I like him the way he is. I really think it depends on the person though.

6. Bluesy

Gold Member

Trimmed pubic hair is most attractive, not to mention practical, on guys, IMO, but the balls and shaft should be nice 'n clean (nothing ruins a good BJ more than sucking up pubes :p).

7. eandvk

eandvk Member

My wife prefers me shaved..and I shave at least once a week.....in the shower, just regular body wash and razor....although I do find it easier to shave when I am hard...so I tend to get myself somewhat aroused for a closer shave.

8. fantasien

fantasien New Member

I find that using Dove moisturizing body soap bar, And then after that use Apricot Scrub Sensitive Skin which exfoliates and helps with ingrown hairs. thats what I have been doing. And also you could use a low grade shampoo like Garnier Frutice or Pantene Pro V. Do either of these options before you start shaving.

9. AndrewD

AndrewD New Member

I keep my scrotum and shaft completely hairless and the rest trimmed short. I only did the full shave once and while I liked the feel, I didn't like the look. Neither did the girl I was with at the time. She said I looked like a very lucky 8 year old.

I've noticed more and more guys in the locker room that get too carried away with the razor. A completely shaved penis looks too unnatural and I wouldn't do it again

10. Halogen

Halogen New Member

I've gotta say, the shaved look on a man is NOT attractive to me. Does that make me weird?

11. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

I shave my legs for marathons and stuff like that and if you don't do it everyday you get irritation. After about a week that should start to go away though. You just have to do it every day.

12. minarchist

minarchist New Member

I agree with everything you just said.

13. Hertoy

Hertoy New Member

I shave smooth about twice a week with very little irritation, but that took several months. Every girl I have been with loves it especially when they are sucking me. I love the feel of running my hand over it when it is freshly shaven.

14. Barbwire

Gold Member

I have been shaving myself clean for about two years now. It took my skin months to toughen up to where I have almost no irritation. I shave every day because I find if I go longer than two days things get prickly.

After some prodding, my husband shaved totally bare. I did not like the look of that, or all the irriation his stubble caused me. Now, he trims everything except his shaft and balls, which he keeps very smooth.

I love the feel of his soft balls and the base of his cock. It makes it much nicer for me when I deepthroat him to not have to deal with hairs.

A while back I was thinking of letting my bush grow out, but my husband talked me out of it. I guess I've spoiled him. ;)

15. strangeone

strangeone New Member

I shave sometimes, I'll usually go awhile without shaving then I'll get in the mood to be bald down there and start shaving for a few weeks. But I'll get lazy after awhile and stop doing it. Plus my wife doesnt really like me shaved(so she says, but she also says she likes not getting pubes in her mouth).

I had to talk my wife into growing a bush not too long ago, shes been shaved since we met and I wanted a little change. It was nice for awhile but she is shaved again now and I like it.

16. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Huh...

...and here I thought that was a candy cane in the picture...

:lol

17. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Just out of curiousity...does something like Nair (does that even still exist???) work well for de-hairing the 'nads, or no?

BD

18. Barbwire

Gold Member

Yes, it does exist. I tell ya what, you go and buy some, try it out, then give us the full report here. We'll wait. MUAHAHAHAHAHA! :dgrin

19. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I'm not too sure about using depilitory creams in the pubic area :shrug I used some on my facial hair (MADE for faces, btw), and it was horrific!! I believe any sensitive area will cause problems, using those creams.

I like my man to have his balls smooth, along with the area just slightly above his penis to be smooth. As stated before, its so condusive to a really REALLY nice blow job :brow

As far as shaving myself, I've found that if I run the razor over the area every time i shower, I don't get bumps. Alwasy use a sharp razor. I had never thought of exfoliating the area (as Fanny mentioned), but it definitely makes sense.

20. Scruples

Scruples New Member

Originally Posted by Bluesy
    Trimmed pubic hair is most attractive, not to mention practical, on guys, IMO, but the balls and shaft should be nice 'n clean (nothing ruins a good BJ more than sucking up pubes

OK let's all go Brazilian ....

Short & trimmed pubic hair - let's keep Fanny interesting ... For the guys, shaved balls and shaft, but trimmed surroundings. right - !!!!