guys continually flirt with my girl at work...

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by happy, Jul 17, 2007.

1. happy

happy Banned

Ok my woman is hot. She works at a car dealership and has been for a month now. all kinds of guys hit on her continually, and i dont like it. She always tells them about me, though when they do.
    But i want her to shoot them dirty looks when they say stuff like "let me know when you break up with your bf.." and stuff like that. She says to these remarks: "No i wont break up with him, he's awesome!"
    I want her to shoot them dirty looks followed up with "my boyfriend" this and that so that the men get the hint more directly. Is it wrong of me to want her to shoot them dirty looks and to make them feel stupid for trying to pick her up? i admit i am jealous, but i think she can do more to make them stop flirting with her. Am i wrong for wanting her to brush aside their remarks a little more hastily? Thanks. I dont want to sound like a jealous freak but i am SICK and tired of hearing stories everyday about "this guy flirted with me today. . . . "

2. cbrmale

Gold Member

My wife is dark-skinned which is rare here, and men have always flirted with her and still do, but not every day. She also wears a wedding ring, but that doesn't stop it. When it happens, she sometimes tells me which is, perhaps, her way of validating that she is attractive or maybe her reassurance for me that she doesn't take it seriously. She never brushes aside such flirting beyond mentioning her husband, which makes me think it is an ego-builder for her.

I don't worry about it, and it makes me feel proud that some men find my wife attractive enough to try and pursue her. But then, I am not the jealous type.

Sometimes I am the target of flirting, and I must admit it is a big ego builder even though I never take it seriously. To be flirted with is a turn-on, no question.

3. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Happy you are sounding quiet insecure.
    If you don't want anyone to flirt with your GF find an ugly
    one that stutters.
    My God man wake up. Women take the flirting as a
    compliment.
    They spend hours trying their best to be attractive, They deserve a little attention.

Hiker

4. suite91

suite91 Member

Here here Hiker.

Happy it's like this: The more attention she gets from guys, the better she feels about herself. She will be more confidant and comfortable with her body and sexuality which will ultimately benefit your relationship IF you don't blow it by making her feel bad about being desirable.
    From what you've told us she is behaving as she should by letting the guys at work know she isn't available. Have a little trust in her and you'll reap the benefits in the long run.

5. TheShed

TheShed New Member

Oh the green eyed monster strikes again. Sounds like you could be punching well above your own weight!

Bask in the glory of having a hot girlfriend. Don't get jealous it'll only give her plenty of reason to leave you.

6. Barbwire

Gold Member

Personally, I think it's kind of mean that she tells you about it all the time if she knows it bothers you. Do you think it really happens all that often or is she just trying to make you jealous to get more attention?

7. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

CL may be on to something.

Hiker

8. Halogen

Halogen New Member

I have to agree with CL. If she knows it bothers you, why tell you? Why would she want to upset you?

Also, I think it's a teense ridiculous to want her to "shoot dirty looks" at people, especially potential customers. she's a big girl, she can handle herself.

9. happy

happy Banned

Hiker and otehrs
    she tells me because i ask lol. maybe i shouldnt, but oh well. i guess i can get over it.

10. Dreama

Gold Member

Wow. Perhaps you should tell her not to tell you about the men that flirt with her. Seriously. If you trust her, it's no big deal. She obviously is not interested, so what's the deal? Why do you feel so jealous? Is it because you think that you don't deserve her? You need to assess this, because you need to figure out why it is it bothers you so. It's only flirting. It's not sex, or emotional investment. Nor is she inviting these advances. Don't worry about it.

11. happy

happy Banned

because all relationships start out with flirting.....and i know she has a lot to do with it. she is a natural flirt too. that is why i should eithger accept it which i will, or move on. i once had a gf when when i broke up with her dated someone from her work,,,,it probably stems from that.

12. judgefudge

judgefudge New Member

I agree, take it as a compliment. As long as you're secure in the fact that she's not going to run off with one of them to make a sale, you should feel proud that so many guys find her attractive. I love to take my fiance out and have her dress in short skirts, and low cut shirts. Why not show it off and make everyone drool over what you have? Of course for that to work, you have to first learn not to be jealous yourself...

13. Dreama

Gold Member

Yes, but if you cannot trust her to be only your girlfriend, then you need to move on. Stop being so jealous, because that will ultimately push her away. Take pride in the fact that your girl is very much wanted by others, and that she is yours instead of theirs. Just be happy. If she didn't want to be with you, I'd doubt she would be.

14. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Oh dear, Mr. Happy isn't very happy...

It's clear from your description of her that she could have any man she wanted. And yet, she wants you. Other guys are falling over each other over her. And yet, she wants you. You knew she was a natural-born flirt when you started going out with her. It's part of what makes her who she is. It would go against her nature to be mean to the guys who flirt with her and give them dirty looks. An ice queen, your girl is not...and I don't think you really want her to be one, now do you?

She wants you.
    She wants you.
    She wants you.

You should be happy about that you big goof.

15. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Puss, you should have gotten the Dear Abby job.

All good advice here. If she was smart she'd stop telling you. (But I suspect she likes making you jealous.)

You really need to get a handle on your "green-eyed monster". It sounds like this is YOUR weakness, not HERS. You can't expect her to have one personality for you and another for everyone else. Love her as she is or forget her; don't try to change her.

16. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

A bit off subject but something I've noticed. Women who work in offices dress up sexy as hell to go to work but lay around in sweats on their day off. No wonder they feel sexy at work and we have to work like hell to get them turned on at home. But then again on my day off who wants to shave and get dressed up?? It's a wonder any of us stay married!!