Guitars and motorbikes?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by guitarslinger, Mar 18, 2012.

1. guitarslinger

guitarslinger New Member

It seems like a lot of the men on here have names that suggest that they have an affinity for instruments or music or motorcycles. Just wondering myself if this is the case as I am an enthusiast of both. Are musicians and bikers naturally biased toward being highly sexual?

2. somhairle

somhairle Well-Known Member

Not really. I'm a guitarist but don't think I'm as sexual as many on the site. I don't make reference to it my name but many know about my interest.

I think we associate male guitarists as sexual individuals and exploit it whether it is in the name or by letting others know that we play.

3. 12barblues

Gold Member

interesting question....maybe the "artistic" side of the brain, is also the "sexual" side of the brain?
    i play guitar, (not real well, but i get by)and my love of the blues made me pick up a bullet mike and plug it into 1950's era silvertone amp and do my best "little walter jacobs" imitation on harmonica...lol.
    I had a bike when i was younger, but quit riding after my kids were born...

4. 33stack

Gold Member

I played guitar in a rock band in the seventies and it seemed like getting laid was very easy. I no longer play, but I am a biker. It does attract a lot of stares and outright propositions from women but I'm married now so its a nonfactor. I think it all has to do with confidence.

5. cbrmale

Gold Member

There is a definite correlation between motorcyles and sex: riding a high-performance bike on the limit is very much like riding a wild woman on the limit. I remember reading Jackie Stewart's (3 times Formula One world chamption) book on the 1970 season where he likened driving a grand prix car on the limit to having sex, and I knew EXACTLY what he meant.

But this doesn't apply to sloppy and obese Harley Davidsons though. They are a motorcycle of a different category to what I used to ride and race.

6. Wildwoman59

Wildwoman59 New Member

I'm not sure there's a correlation but I do know that I've always thought that guys who played guitar (especially blues and classic rock) were sexy. A guy on a motorcycle can also be very hot. (I'm envisioning some leather chaps...)

7. 12barblues

Gold Member

hey baby....wanna see my B.B King collection?....:D

8. somhairle

somhairle Well-Known Member

Hey............. That's my feel good post of the day! :)

9. biker061

Gold Member

creativity and a free lifestyle may be the common thread between musicians and bikers! i can't play a durn thing but i know a little about guitars and road equipment, although i can turn a mean wrench!

10. 33stack

Gold Member

When i walk into a place wearing my chaps i feel like an old west gunslinger. lol:D

11. 33stack

Gold Member

u little guys love those wing-ding bikes huh?lol

12. Meow181

Meow181 Active Member

Wot bout me? OP.
    I'm a girl I ride a HD I've got "tits"
    I play aucostic
    can I play or is this just a boy thing lol

13. 12barblues

Gold Member

yes, but are you "highly sexual" ?

14. Meow181

Meow181 Active Member

Well with the pix Im about to put up... you need to ask??
    U be the judge.. lol
    oh rampant sexuality and under fed lol

15. cbrmale

Gold Member

See if you can find racing footage of the Mount Panorama circuit at Bathurst; it's likened to being a short Nurburgring. I raced a Yamaha TZ350 around there and up the hill was hard work 'cause the bike would fall off the powerband (anything below 6000) in the hairpin in the cutting, so we would slip the clutch in second to keep up momentum. Through the dipper and the esses and into Forests Elbow was trail braking (braking and turning at the same time cause it's hard downhill and you've got curve after curve). There's a sharp rise on a mostly downhill Conrod straight, and over the crest you would be airborne at 250 kmh or maybe faster. Around the top of the mountain were three blind left-handers flat in fourth (about 180 or so). They were blind because the road was mostly flat-ish but the apexes were over slight crests, so you had to aim for where you thought the apexes were at those speeds!

I also had a RD350LC road bike which was a road-ready TZ, and a rule of thumb was double the cornering speed and add as far as you could see. So a 55km/h signposted curve was 110 and a bit, 45 was 90 and a bit. Even though it had a very rigid frame it used to flex at the rear suspension bushes with those sorts of g-forces.

The big four-strokes (I had a limited edition tuned Suzuki 1000 air-cooled four) were easy, because you would hook them into a corner and then power slide past the apex and out, which was easy because they had a lot of torque (more torque than grip). So that's power-sliding at 90 or 100 or whatever. Rule of thumb would be 55 sign is 90, so it didn't have the grip and balance of the RD350, but was easier to ride because the RD had no torque. The TZ was the same with no torque, but racing is quite different to riding hard on winding roads.

That's what I mean by motorycyles on the limit. Don't do anything like that with a Harley. That's also why I've got a German hot hatch, because I tend to drive it the same way (a 45km/h curve is 90 or more, with lots of g-forces presssing you against the rigid side bolstering of the sports seats). Imagine my wife when we go for a drive on a winding road!

16. 33stack

Gold Member

Definitely! I noticed ur from Australia. When i played it was late 70s and our band did almost a whole set of AC/DC.(Bon Scott era of course). BTW, you know a good bike when u see one. ;)

17. OverSinged

Gold Member

I seem to be the odd one out, I rather play with fire than play a guitar or ride a bike. By the way Meow, of course you can play! Why wouldn't they/we want you to play? Can't wait till I'm steady and can buy/make a flamethrower...

18. Meow181

Meow181 Active Member

ehhehehehe.. did ya know my nickname is Flamo Hoto Australiano lol ... and l IM ON FIRE !!!!! IM ON FIRE!!!! CALL 911 .. throw me:)

Now this isnt a sexual thing is it bois.. we are only going to ride Hds and play geeeeeeetarssssssssssssss right fellas.. can I dress up??? pant pant .... .. lets go my leather slash pants and corset and my bitch bands, collar - like in my HD pix and yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa cut sic! phew!!!!

Yup me tru blu Aussie Roo... 7th generation Tasmanian...

now listen before ..( especially 12BB .. yeah I saw yr pm at LPSG smart arse... bwahwhhwhahahha ) ........anyone starts on the 2 heads stuff Ive had mine removed ok?? Ive got the scar to prove it.. lol .. and I am part Aboriginal so Im fortunate to tan when others have difficulty... oh and yes ok Im Tasmanian and yes in-bred 4 times hence now u all know why I am the forum Dickhead!!!! In my opinion only.. lol ....

STACKS!!!!!!!!! OMG ACDC!!!!!!!!!!!! did u see in my private album where I met Angry Anderson from Rose Tattoo in Jan?? I must get u a pic of Bons grave and statue over here ACDC ...now back in the late 70's I was a teenager.. OMG.. STACKS I had my cherry popped in the 70's.. STACKS!!! U coulda been the cherry popper had u been in Oz back then.. lol.. c u down the park ;)

YEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. Im cutting sic with the Angels atm....

Aint Bubba awesome... I love my HD.... thats it!!! .. I aint doing Pms or posts or even pix..... Im waking Bubba up and gunna do a coast ride.. its 28C here and the sun is calling me.... Laterz Lovers :) xxx

#18 Meow181, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  19. biker061

Gold Member

we (well i do) need some more ride pix from you meow! how about you and that sporty with some beach in the background? i'm just sayin'...

20. OverSinged

Gold Member

Flaming hot girl, with real flames? That sounds like fun! And I'll second biker's motion ;)