'Group sex' protests over Swedish nudist beach

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Puss_in_boots, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

You know what they say about Sweden..:brow I copied and pasted this article from The Local: Sweden's News in English http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=4378&date=20060720

'Group sex' protests over Swedish nudist beach

Published: 20th July 2006 11:40 CET

A nudist beach near Laholm, in southwest Sweden, is causing a commotion among locals who think the area has become a popular haunt for some men to, well, enjoy the warm summer weather with their friends.

The reputation of being a hot spot for sex on a nude beach near Hökafältet in Mellbystrand began last summer. Calls began to trickle in about some strange things going on at the beach.

Last week the protests began again when a local, under the nom de plume "A Previous Guest," wrote a letter to the council describing male group sex and drawing particular attention to the "white butts bouncing up and down".

"I know that there is a reputation and there have been complaints for several years now, but I myself have never seen anything like that," said Marie Axtelius, who is responsible for the beaches for the district, to Svenska Dagbladet.

"Of course, it is possible that we might have to consider using supervisors."

Last summer the district found condom wrappers in the area and received reports of children unknowingly dragging home used condoms found at the beach.

But police have not received any complaints regarding beach sex.

"Each year we get 5 to 10 reports of flashers - but I've never heard of male group sex or any other type of sex," Laholm police spokesman Björn Astell told SvD.

2. pirouette

Gold Member

Wow! That kind of makes me want to visit Sweden now. :shifty

3. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Well, I absolutely concur that children having access to use condoms is disgusting and hideously unsafe. Blah. I also concur with the belief that there is a difference between a nude beach, where nudity is natural, and a sex beach, where nudity is sexual. IF children are allowed at this beach, it seems natural that public sex, in general, would not be allowed. Now, I don't know the rules in Sweden....... but there's a huge difference between having sex in front of a bunch of people who want to watch me have sex...... and having sex in public where others have no choice as to what they see. It'd tick me off quickly, and I'm a sexual person who loves sex and nudity.

4. pirouette

Gold Member

Actually, there was a gay pride parade here last week (which was great fun!). And 3 guys decided to go at it behind one of the local restaurants on the parade route. Disgusting! Especially with so many people and CHILDREN walking about. Some people have no sense! I'm all for fun in appropriate places, like Melicious said.

5. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

I think that's just in bad taste. Nude beaches are fine, but sex where other patrons don't have the option of NOT seeing it infringes on other consumers.

6. antiwikipedia

antiwikipedia New Member

Seriously now...
    ... children unknowingly dragging home used condoms ...

7. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

This is where a paintball gun comes in handy! Just crank that FPS up and hose away! You'll watch them quit that REAL fast.