Greetings, salutations, and some rambling

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Woody81, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Woody81

Woody81 Member

What to say, what to say? Let's see, born and bred in Texas. No I don't ride a horse to work. We don't have cows roaming the streets. Hell I don't even own a cowboy hat, but I did buy my first pair of full quill cowboy boots not long ago (but that was b/c of a bet).

Hmm... what else? Married to a woman that rocks my world everyday. She balances me out. See, I have what some people consider a problem. I don't have a filter when I speak sometimes. luckily she pulls those reins back every now and again. But then again, she'll let me crash and burn every once in awhile. Just so I can learn some much needed humility.

The reason I'm here you ask? To learn. I'm a firm believer that you never stop learning. Why would you want to stop? That's boring. A person that wants to learn is interesting. A person who has drive is passionate.

So in closing to sum it all up. I'm an open minded individual. Looking to learn about some things, and broaden my horizons. And letting y'all learn about me as time progresses. And hello to you all (I forgot to say that)!

2. luvbug

Gold Member

Welcome to SF!

3. Mittimer

Gold Member

welcome

4. HardRocker

Gold Member

Welcome to our nuthouse, Malicai.

5. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Whereabouts in Texas are you, in general? I'm in Austin, and there's a few others there who joined recently that are here in Texas as well. I'm not born and bred though. Been here almost a year and a half after escaping the (IMO) shithole that is California. Wasn't born there either, but I lived most of my life there.

And welcome, btw. :D

6. Woody81

Woody81 Member

The "Big Country" is the general area. Kind of a broad stroke, but that's the vicinity. Or as I like to call it The Bible Belt of the Texas. Where you can go out on a Saturday night, get trashed, and get throwed in jail for a PI, DWI, or whatever. But hey, as long as that ass is in a pew on Sunday morning and you take the pastor to Luby's afterwards... Well you get a one way ticket to heaven.

Never been to Cali before. I had an offer to go L.A. once, but that never panned out.

7. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Not super familiar with Texas, so that doesn't narrow it down much but it's cool, I'm just being curious/nosy. :) As for LA, completely IMO, but it's probably better it didn't pan out.

8. Woody81

Woody81 Member

No biggie. The big country covers Brownwood, Sweetwater, Munday, Cisco and some other places. Not too shabby of a region. Can be at a metropolitan area within a few hours drive.

I always dug Austin. We used to make trips there all the time. 6th street was the best! When we go, we can't decide between Torchy's or Pluckers to eat at.

I'll never forget the look on my wife's face when a buddy and I took her to the Yellow Rose!

9. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

10. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

Welcome, Malicai. :)