Great 50's & 60's car video

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by igor, Jun 4, 2008.

1. igor

Gold Member

What does this have to do with sex Well, maybe not much except maybe we had our first encounter in the back of one of these rods. Those of you who got their driver's licenses in the 50's and 60's will appreciate this video:

http://objflicks.com/CarsWeDrove.htm

2. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Awesome video! I gotta look for pics of my brothers restored '66 chevy and post them just for you......

3. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Brings back memories for me too:lol ....thanks for posting it Igor..:)

4. ~Red~208~

~Red~208~ New Member

that is cool, reminds me of American Graffiti

makes me wish i had a car like that, so much cooler then the crap that hardly lasts these days

5. HardRocker

Gold Member

Hell Yeah!
    My '69 Chevelle SS 396 is as close as I can come.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Sweet. I wrapped my Dad's '70 350 around a telephone pole when I was sixteen!

7. HardRocker

Gold Member

Shhhhhhhhhit!:spank​

I'm so sorry.

I have a cut out calender picture of a '70 SS taped up over my monitor. Red with white rally stripes over the trunk lid and hood humps, and the cowl induction vents are open. They frown on people doing the things we did on the road back then. They didn't even care if we had a cooler full of beer in the back seat as long as we didn't throw the cans out the window.:phat:cool

I love the smell of burning rubber... any time.:bow

8. igor

Gold Member

I had a 69 Chevelle station wagon. It stayed stock. It was made in Canada on a Friday and was a piece of crap. There was a brandy bottle buried in one fender and I spent the first day of ownership tightening all the window trim screws. Plastic pieces of the steering wheel would break off inside, go down the column, and jam the steering. I almost ran it up a tree because it wouldn't turn a corner. Despite all that I followed that one up with a 76 Malibu and an 86 Celebrity - both great.

9. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Well, Dad's '70 was not an SS, but he had it in top condition all the time. I learned to drive like a bat out of hell from him and Mom, and they both raced it on the street in the wee hours...so what did they expect when they let me drive it? Punched it and lost it....Despite all my pain I ran from Dad when he showed up...He didn't give a damn about the car that day, but boy I heard him crying over it later! I wish I could afford to buy him another one...metalflake royal blue...she was sweet!

10. HardRocker

Gold Member

Damn, I'm glad mine was tighter than that, because I gave it hell. I inherited it from my Dad in '73. It had a ticking lifter, so that's when I began to learn about engine work. That was always my favorite part of working on cars. Looking back, I probably would have enjoyed a career in powertrain development. Oh well, electronics was good to me too. I drive imports now. Love my Mazda.

11. HardRocker

Gold Member

They're all good. Mine started out white before I painted it blue, as you see in the pic.
    I'm glad you survived the crash. If it had been mounted on a 2008 suspension you probably wouldn't have wrecked it. Those old things went best in a straight line, and hopefully didn't need to stop in too much of a hurry.:lol

12. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Here is my brother's '67. I know, I said '66 earlier, but I am just a girl!! It now has bumpers and the interior is redone. He rebuilt the engine himself....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. HardRocker

Gold Member

WOW, that is beautiful.
    Garnet and Black. That would fit right in in this town.
    [​IMG]

14. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

LOL. One of our best friends is a 'cock!!!!!!

15. igor

Gold Member

That was another thing about my wagon - the brakes weren't for shit. When I had the tires replaced the garage guy told me that the Canadian made Chevelles had smaller brakes then the U.S. mad ones. WTF??:eek

16. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

FC,
    On the day my daughter got her driver's license, a couple days after her 16th birthday, she asked if she could take my car out. She already had a nice Jeep just for her, but mine was a new turbo "hot car". She hadn't been gone more than 15 minutes when my insurance agent called to tell me she'd been in an accident. She rear-ended a couple driving their BRAND NEW car home from the dealership! It wasn't a bad wreck, but as I recall it did a little damage to my car and scratched the bumper on the other car -- meaning a new bumper was needed.

She came home a few minutes later, walked right past me to her room. I asked, "How was the drive?"

"FINE!"

Since she was afraid to tell me, I just let her stew. When her mom got home she told her. LOL

A few months later we were in Denver and she wanted to borrow the car again to drive about a mile to get a burger with her girlfriend. This time she didn't even get out of the hotel parking lot before hitting another car! There were a couple other small fender benders before she got out of high school. None ever upset me; I knew she didn't do it on purpose and they were all just a matter of not paying attention.

17. igor

Gold Member

OK - what the hell has this got to do with anything?

18. HardRocker

Gold Member

I guess he's relating his youngster's driving mishaps with Flirty's early driving detour. Joe's post did contain the word "car," so we're sort of on topic.:eyes

Izzat what you're asking about?