Good First Vibrator

Discussion in 'Sexual Foreplay and Techniques' started by Michgu, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Michgu

Michgu New Member

Anyone have any thoughts on what would be a good first vibrator for my wife? She's never used one before and has recently expressed some interest in trying it out. We don't even know if she'll like it but thought we would buy something that wouldn't break the bank to see how it goes. I found a thread started about 3 years ago but not many posts since then. (Does vibrator technology change as much as computer tech in 3 years???:lol)

2. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

It really depends on her interests, but there are millions of toys to choose from.

I suggest a plain vibrator to start, because she/you can stimulate her clit, then use it in her pussy when she is all turned on.

Rabbit-type vibrators are all in ones, and will drive almost any woman nuts, especially in the newbie stage.

The Hitachi Magic Wand is the most valuable toy in the world. It is awesome for the clit, and has attachments available, although those do nothing for me, but combined with a big fat pulsating cock toy mmmmm.

Good luck. There are lots of people here with toy experience. You and your wife should be having a buzzing good time with a number of good suggestions shortly.

Oh, and post telling us all about it! Please! ;)

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

4. backcheck64

Gold Member

Wife loves the rabbit.

5. Vanja

Vanja New Member

I loved my egg - but it seized up and I haven't gotten a new one yet :(

6. thePleasureO

thePleasureO New Member

Here is some good vibrators that have good reviews and are good first time vibrators and are reasonably priced. Between $14.00 - $35.00 and are durable.

- Rabbit Pearl
    - Water proof Wallbangers Deluxe Bunny
    - Hunni Bunni Multi Function Rabbit Vibrator
    - Classic Rabbit

Note: other questions you may want to ask her or find out (If the vibrator is going to be a surprise)!

- Multi-function or one function only?
    - Water proof? (Recommended: For shower use & cleaning proposes)
    - Batteries or rechargeable?
    - Realistic or just plain colored vibrator?
    - Flexible or firm?
    - Does she like small (carry in her purse) or large vibrators (In the bed or shower use only)?

These are some questions you may want consider. Woman have different pleasure spots and different ways of getting a organasm. Find out what "Gets Her Off" and base the purchase of the vibrator off her pleasure points.

Remember: This is her first vibrator, so make sure you do your home work on purchasing a vibrator! Because if she has a bad experience with her first vibrator she may not want to use it again and that may be wasted money on something she doesn't like or can't get a good organasm from!

When that time comes and she wants a more advance vibrator it will be much easier to select one for her!

#6 thePleasureO, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  7. luvsmusiccm

luvsmusiccm New Member

The rabbit that I bought from through Pure Romance is the one of the best thing EVER!

8. CuriousNow

CuriousNow New Member

After reading post on this site I bought a waterproof, replaceable battery Trojan vibrator for a first try. Do not know if my wife will accept it. She knows others get relief/satisfaction with vibrators but I am certain she has never tried one.

Want to give her some new experience. And take sex up a level for us.

Will post results.

9. CuriousNow

CuriousNow New Member

This morning I touched her with the vibrator during foreplay. A quick buzz and then a second one. She asked what is that. When I showed it to her she said no way and knocked to the floor when pushing it away.

After intercourse I talked to her about it again. She denied any interest but I noted that she did put it in the bag that came with it and carefully put it away. Hiding it???

10. Barbwire

Gold Member

Dude! Ya gotta let her use it on herself before you use it on her.

Also, I'm not so sure sneaking a toy into the bedroom then giving her "a quick buzz" or two with it will score you many points, either. Giving a woman a sex toy is not like giving your dog a toy. You don't just rip it out of it's packaging and throw it at her, expecting her to pounce upon it and furiously wag her tail .

Next time, get her a toy, put it where she'll find it along with a gift card from Wal-Mart for batteries and then give her her space.

A woman that is lacking sexual confidence and experience is best left to her own devices when trying new things, especially vibrators. All vibes are different in their intensity and require some experimentation in order for a woman to know how to hit the sweet spot.

Oh, before I go, this bit of advice; for the love of gawd, don't ask her how it's going with the toy! She might view that as pressure or an invasion of her privacy. Let her bring it up on her own first.

Good luck! :tup

11. NewHere

NewHere New Member

HAHA I love your comparisons CL. I never would have thought to compare a vibe with a dog toy, but that's pretty accurate in this situation =P

My man has actually bought me several toys. I love using them together, but I haven't actually played with them too much alone. Maybe I would have a new hobby if I did? =P

12. CuriousNow

CuriousNow New Member

Thanks. CL and NH. I have not said another word about the vibrator and will follow your advise and let her have her privacy to try it is she wants to.

13. fph2

fph2 New Member

My gf has complained several vibrators shorted out on her during use... I guess must be the 'wetness'.. any advcie?

14. Mittimer

Gold Member

*Sigh*
    97% of vibrators will not short out by all the "wetness" she produces. They are made to get wet, they are made to be used to fuck with. Producers keep these things in mind when distributing vibrators. "hmm..maybe my girl squirts, I'll make this seal a little better" Unless of course she has a $3 "personal massager" that she purchased from Spencers at the mall. They are meant for your back, legs, shoulders ect, Yes they will short out if used for insertion. I think your girl just needs to find better toys.

If she has vibrators that had the rotating beads in them, then she most likely is too tight and burnt out the gears, not too wet and shorted them out.

If she's REALLY that concerned with 'shorting out her toys' then she needs to get waterproof vibrators. Very few now days are made that AREN'T waterproof so that you can use them in the bath/shower/pool whatever.

15. Redhead_Girl

Redhead_Girl New Member

The RAbbit.
    Also, the small vibrator that looks like a Lipstick, very discreet, for Clit stimulation.

Present it as a gift for her and maybe with a Gift Certificate for a sex store so she can browse by herself and pick up something of her choice. Let her try them on herself without you around first so she gets comfortable with it!

Have fun!