Going on holdays

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbrmale, Sep 11, 2010.

1. cbrmale

Gold Member

I shall be away for a month or so, as we are going on holidays. First Poland, and then Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia, and then Russia. Should be interesting. I intend to visit Magdanek as it's only a couple of hours by train from Warsaw. One part of me say I must, but another part of me is scared... I will tell you all how it was and what I felt, when I return.

Cbrmale

2. HardRocker

Gold Member

Soak in the culture and sample the flavors wherever you go, so you can come back and regale us with all sorts of new insights.

Trond might get bored with us if you're gone too long.:lol

3. luvbug

Gold Member

Have a good holiday!!

4. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Enjoy your time away cbr.....:)
    We'll still be here when you get back......and don't forget the camera:D

5. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

6. Barbwire

Gold Member

I love it that you had a major typo in your thread title. makes you seem a bit more human, cbrmale. :p :lol :p

Hurry back and fill the dark void that will surely be left once you've gone. :)

7. cbrmale

Gold Member

Well, I've been back for a few days now, and I did visit Magdanek too. It affected me more than I thought it would. Other than that, we had a wonderful time, especially in Moscow, which is a lovely city. I have a lot of photos, but all analogue I'm afraid.

In each city we ate at local restaurants serving local food, including Polish dumplings in Warsaw, potato pancakes in Vilnius and a dozen different varieties of cabbage soup spread through the entire region. It's suprising just how tasty cabbage soup can be. History in each country, Poland, Russia and each of the Baltic countries, is still measured by the impact of the Second World War. The atrocities and terrors of that conflict, and the communist aftermath, shaped the region in a major way. Warsaw and Poland in particular, but the seige of Leningrad, now Saint Petersburg, was also dreadful, as were the impacts on Lithunania, Latvia and Estonia.

For the younger men on this site, there's a major man shortage in Poland if you're interested. In fact, the man shortage is a real problem there, so there're lots of lovely, fair-skinned, slim Slavic girls looking for good men. And they really are pretty, and not moody like some of the other Slavic countries, and they are sexy as well (the current fashion in Warsaw is thin, skin-tight leather jeans with long leather boots, and by thin and tight I mean those jeans leave nothing to the imagination, but somehow the girls end up looking classy rather than sleazy: probably due to their tall and slim Slavic build).

Cbrmale

8. heelfetish

Gold Member

Ahh, I never do tire of cbrmale's stereotypes. Welcome back.

9. HardRocker

Gold Member

If you mean the reference to the way the women look, there are parts of the world where the indigenous genome hasn't been as diluted as it has in North America. Some groups of people do look different. Scandinavian blonds, for example.

10. Barbwire

Gold Member

The sterotype that jumped out at me the most was when Cbrmale said that the Polish women weren't moody like the women in some the other Slavic countries.

I've seen people paint with some fairly broad brushes here on SF, but I've gotta say, that is one bigass motherfuckin' brush ya go there, Cbrmale.