Girlfriend is stressed, what to do?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by steveo5555, Feb 18, 2011.

1. steveo5555

steveo5555 New Member

Hey everyone,

So my gf of 5 months is going through a lot now. First off, I live 120 miles from her, since I just graduated from college. I went up to see her for Valentines Day and made her breakfast, drove her to class, 2 dozen roses with 6 tulips, and made New York kobe steak for dinner with wine. And she loved it all and thought I was the sweetest person ever. She also said the she "loves me...like a lot" which is fine because we always tell each other that we love the other, but she has never said "like a lot".

Anyway, so we didn't have sex because she is stressed and still on her period. But she told me the next day that she is going to need some space to have her time. She reassured me we are not breaking up and she loves me. Her mom has just been diagnosed with breast cancer, her aunt died, she has to work to pay for her apartment, college, and her sorority. So I have heard mixed explanations about "needed space", what is the best way to approach this? I do not text her too much and we call about once a day. What else can I do to help her out?

2. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

It can change from one person to another, better ask her what she finds good to keep in touch. Some would need lots of time together, someone the be there in difficult moments. Don't try to push the idea on her but let her know you can be there in certain ways.

3. HardRocker

Gold Member

Just don't over think it. It sounds to me like you are doing the best thing already. If she doesn't open back up, then we should come up with a new plan.

4. steveo5555

steveo5555 New Member

Update: Thanks everything is going good. I must have stressed myself out a little but I think venting my problem on her kind of helped.