Gifts of Lingerie

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by sarah_rslp, Feb 22, 2008.

1. sarah_rslp

sarah_rslp New Member

Ever had a lingerie gift that was just embarressing. Maybe it was the wrong size, or just tacky and you wouldn't dream of wearing it?

I love frillies and I've always appreciated gifts of lingerie from blokes I've been with. My first bf bought me a set of bra and knickers which really thrilled me, I just found it sexy. Though I have had some pretty bad ones. My hubby's first attempts was a sports bra and some rather plain knickers which while useful weren't what I was expecting. He did improve at christmas but didn't really manage lingerie but rather more everyday undies which were classy more than sexy. Stuff he thought I'd choose myself rather than stuff he'd like me to wear.

I was actually surprised at how much of my undies are gifts, guys are lazy and once they realise theres an easy choice all those birthdays and x-mas's add up. Hubby actually bought me quite a lot of undies at x-mas I think in a way to edge out some of the stuff my ex's have bought me. All my favourites are gifts from ex's. I've thinned out my collection somewhat getting rid of the cheaper stuff, so hubby isn't always thinking 'who bought me that'

Anywho anybody else have thoughts on lingerie giving?

2. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Get rid of all of them that were given by ex's, whether they're your favorites or not. That's probably why hubby keeps buying you new ones, so you can toss those from your ex flames.

3. Dreama

Gold Member

I think it's a cool gift, but I'd get tired of it, if I got the same thing time after time.

4. sarah_rslp

sarah_rslp New Member

argh I can't do it, My favourite teddy still has years left in it. And I use my favourite jammies as lounge wear, it's basically like a big comfort blanket I climb into when I'm feeling down, I can't do it.

Oh I know that's why he's buying it for me he told me. It doesn't make him jealous as such he just finds it strange when I'm wearing something sexy that even he likes that was a gift from an ex. If it really bothered him he'd tell me and it would have all been binned long ago.

Plus I think I use them as keepsakes a lot of them have happy memories attached

5. HardRocker

Gold Member

Here's the post about my trip to Victoria's Secret last Valentines Day.

http://www.sexualforums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=7120

Got her some nice black lacy thigh highs, panties and a bra. Got laid in a major way too. I did have to take her dancing first though.:dance