Getting rid of....

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by R_Black, Apr 16, 2007.

1. R_Black

R_Black New Member

I've acted really nutty over the course of the past month where my g/f is concerned. She says a little jealousy is acceptable but my attitude as of late has changed. She's been in a relationship that was controling and confining to say the least and it started with unreasonable or maybe slightly reasonable bouts of jealousy.

My question to you is how do you get over it and get rid of the jealousy that plagues your life before you lose the one thing that really matters in your life?

HELP!!!

2. TearyGirl47

TearyGirl47 New Member

Therapy?

I'm a little confused as to what you are asking though? Are you concerned because you feel your jealousy is getting out of hand and you want to control it? Open conversation and trust within your relationship is the first step to over coming jealousy. If you already feel that is going on, then perhaps therapy is something to look into.

I don't know. I just hope you can figure it out.

Good luck!

3. Yangus

Yangus New Member

I guess it depends on whether or not your jealousy is legitimate or not too.

Is she spending excessive amounts of time with other people? Going out without you? Not wanting you to go out with her and her friends? If so, then I think you have the right to be jealous.

If you could provide a little more insight as to what you've been getting jealous about lately, you'll have a better chance of getting some helpful advice.

4. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

5. Elvis

Elvis Member

One good thing to remember is that you don't own her and never will, even if you get married she will still be an individual.
    Jealousy is a human emotion that is often hard to control.
    I don't personally believe in therapy when it's possible to sit back and work out your own problems.
    You at least realise there is a problem and as always, communication is the key to solving an issue.

6. R_Black

R_Black New Member

Jealousy is a normal human emotion. It's hard to beat so I'm working around it by using some basic truths I already know and believe. No person can control the world. Some things just are. She is with me and I have no direct control over anything on her part. It 's her decision to be with or without me. I cannot directly influence her decisions.

7. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Without knowing your date of birth...just a guess.. are
    you a Scorpio.....we are VERY prone to jealousy....and
    passion and great sexual appetites...

Ive yet to meet a man or woman who is of an extremely
    passionate nature that doesnt suffer from the old green
    eye?

It probably will always be with you...but just trying
    to work around it will be something to think about ...

Scorpio...the mystics and sex addicts of the zodiac

lol
    Enjoy :)

8. riteman8

riteman8 New Member

Make her forget all about it. Treat her extra special and make her forget about all that other stuff.

9. RubyRed

RubyRed New Member

I'm glad to see you accepting responsibility for your problem. That's a great start. I actually think that TearyGirl's advice was a good one - Therapy. Jealousy stems from insecurity, so you need to look at the underlying reasons for your insecurities. It's possible to do this on your own, but it's requires some pretty intense self-examination. Take your pick.

The bottom line in any relationship? Trust. You can either trust her or not. If not, there's no reason to stay with her (imho). If so, then your jealousy is your problem. The more you try to control her, the more you run the risk of losing her. It sounds like you know that already, and that's good.

Always remember: CONTROL IS AN ILLUSION.

From one control freak to another;)