Getting over an ex

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Untamed, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Is it true that having sex with someone else can help you move on? or is it just the fact that once you sleep with someone else you know there's no turning back?

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

I don't believe that one bit. Sex with someone else can either make you feel better or make you feel like shit. Sex isn't always just sex and when you're emotionally broken from a relationship, it can complicate things a lot to make a move like that.

3. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I just don't know what to do I keep thinking about him and I am lost on what to do, I really don't want to go to those lengths but I am at my wits end :(

4. iceking22

iceking22 New Member

As horrible as it sounds sleeping with someone else does help in my opinion. You feel like you're attractive again and get some confidence out of that. I wouldn't hook up with some random person though, make it count.

5. Chronichaze

Chronichaze New Member

Sex surely helps when getting over an ex. Knowing you're still capable of getting other girls is comforting when you've lost someone you really care about. Sad but true when it comes to guys

6. Meee

Gold Member

Well I think dating other people will help.

7. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I might try that. I've never dated someone to be honest.

8. Chronichaze

Chronichaze New Member

It's hard though to immediately find another person who fits to your likings. I mean to date someone you really got to like them. Girls like that don't come around all the time. Getting laid on the other hand is much easier to come by than finding a replaceable girlfriend.

9. Beach

Beach New Member

I was gonna say, that's a tricky one to answer.. I have to agree getting your mind on to someone something else has always been my direction in a similar situation.
    however I don't want to see you running out and making a mistake over the weekend either. I think like Mee mentioned going out on a date or even several dates would be a great idea.

10. backcheck64

Gold Member

Not sure what to tell you. There was only one, way back, that I went with any length of time, 7 months, and I had 3 waiting in the wings so I moved on real quick. Wish there was some magic formula I could give you.

11. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Yeah I don't know either.. I could just lay around in misery but that will get me nowhere. Might as well go out with my friends and just whatever happens happens right?

12. Chronichaze

Chronichaze New Member

Surrounding yourself with friends is a great idea. They'll draw you into future suitors in no time if you're going out and having fun often:)

13. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Yeah well looks like I'm not passing up any opportunities to party from now on. Time to break out of my emo shell and have fun. If I meet someone I like .. great.. if not oh well.. there's always another day :)

14. justintime

justintime New Member

Hi there,
    I have come in on the tail end of the topic.
    Wanted to make a comment as "Been there done that" at least 3 times.
    Only one involved marriage and two children.
    Also don't know who initiated the split in your case.

I can remember my first "love" as a teenager. OMG I would have walked on fire and broken glass for her.
    Never got anywhere (thank heavens in hindsight) as I was not good at relationships in my younger days.
    I was devastated when I received a wedding invitation from her.
    Just made up my mind that that was that and get on with life.

The woman I was married to for 27 years left a note for me one day telling me to be out of the family home by days end.
    Needless to say I did not do that and we existed for nearly 2 years in the same house till things became unbearable. Especially with my children being compromised and put at risk with the undesirables that were coming into my house.

I waled out of a board meeting at work one day to be met by the bailiff of the court with separation orders.
    By this time I was numb already so just resigned myself to the fact that there was going to be an unpleasant separation.

I most cases the lawyer come out on top the longer things drag out so briefed my (Female) lawyer that I accepted I was going to be fleeced so lets get this over and done with as quickly as possible.
    Go everything over and done with in just over a month whereas I had seen others still going after up to 5 years.
    Cut my losses, lost everything I had ever worked for and my children.

Luckily the ex moved interstate and the last words I spoke to her were "This is it. From this day onwards I never ever want to see you or have any communication with you in any shape of form".

Like someone who is close to you that passes away the only thing I can say is that the hurt never goes away however over time the intensity diminishes.

Move on. Make new friends and don't fight anything as things will eventually fall into place.
    Wouldn't suggest going into a new relationship till you have cleared your mind. I found 2 hours a day 5 days a week in the gym worked wonders, also lost 45Kg.

Some advice I gave my daughter - "No one can affect your life unless YOU allow them to. Don't let them. It's your life"
    Also remember - when we are dead and gone nothing really matter.

Remember we are on this earth but once and for a very short time.
    It is better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all.

15. justintime

justintime New Member

Go girl go. That's the way forward.
    You are attractive and you have youth on your side.
    Fate works in mysterious ways.... believe me.

16. Ready2Please

Gold Member

When my ex and broke up. I tried having sex with another FWB but it didn't help. Time will heal you is all I can say.
    :)

17. Northside

Gold Member

Sweetheart you are just hurting. It's true that he isn't the only fish in the sea but for a while that won't matter, you will just hurt and you'll have to get through that. Even though you are a beautiful, warm, and very desirable person you still might feel your are never going to find love again. Believe me you will! You will laugh at yourself for ever feeling this way. Yes, you'll laugh at this time in your life and be glad it happened because it gave you the opportunity to find happiness in the future. Don't do anything that will make you feel cheap or that you might regret. It's just going to take time to heal like any other wound. Remember it's always darkest before the dawn, and good things are worth waiting for. I'm a lot older than you and have been where you are. Just be patient.

18. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

*hugs* I will just wait. What I was comtemplating would have made me feel cheap and I can guarrantee regret.

Like majority have said. Time will heal.

19. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Thank you for sharing your experience. My relationship was not nearly as long as that but still I am in pain.

I have always loved that end quote *hugs*

20. tpaman1132

tpaman1132 New Member

I understand, psychologically speaking, there are many things that will help us move on. Sex with another person, which in part at least, re-verifies your continued attractiveness to the opposite sex, is one of them.