Genuine Man

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by screamingeagle, Sep 30, 2005.

1. screamingeagle

screamingeagle New Member

What would the best ways for a guy to show that he is genuine? What makes a lady think that a guy isn't so genuine?

2. kbate

kbate New Member

Jumping off a cliff (bridge,skyscraper,antenna) is a good way for a man to prove his genuine nature, fighting venomous snakes, or giant crocodiles also works for me. (drool) If those are a little too genuine for you, dodging traffic on a busy highway is acceptable if not quite as genuinely manly.

You can see, we women are pretty easy to impress.

3. screamingeagle

That's absolutely hilarious! :lol

4. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

I hate nothing more than a fake person. I've dated men & have been in serious relationships with men who have put on a fake front to impress me. Once they've won me over with their bullshit, the real person comes out & I don't like them much. With my current bf, he's a straight shooter. He tells you exactly how he feels, doesn't try to impress me with materialistic things & doing flashy things. He is who is he & if I don't like it, then that's just too bad.

Another reason why I feel he is the most genuine man I've ever met is the way he doesn't exaggerate his stories, I can feel the emotion when he talks to me in a serious tone & that I have no problem believing every word he says.

Maybe I've just dated a lot of liars & big talkers.....but this one is different to me.

5. kbate

kbate New Member

If you keep talking like this, I'll never be able to talk these guys into jumping off bridges.

6. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

Shit...sorry Kate.....it was a pure slip of the tongue.

7. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

:lol :mad

8. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Ryan, I wouldn't worry about it if I were YOU!
    After all, YOU can fly.

9. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

But.... I... Must keep my secret identy safe... :shifty

/endofftopicness

10. fantasien

fantasien New Member

Shaleen has some good points and values. I don't like to put on a fake persona. I try to be myself from the start when I meet someone. I'm a pretty reserved and calm person. but I can also be the person to go buy gifts that really mean something. Something that will truely make a woman happy.

With my ex, she expressed to me that she used to write songs and poetry. For our anniversary, I bought her a diary and a couple pens to inspire her to write again. I'm like that. No Clothes, No materialistic things indicating wealth.

11. screamingeagle

I know for my job, I sometimes feel pretty grumpy in the morning. Yet, people say that I'm always such a nice, pleasing guy to be around. Does that mean I put on a fake front? I've always wondered that.

If I'm not really in a good mood, I always feel that people don't like being around me. So, I try my best to not show the grumpy side of me. When I get really hungry and haven't eaten for a while, I turn into a real ogre.

12. screamingeagle

You go on making those "pure slip of the tongue" comments. I enjoy your input on different subjects. I also enjoy kbates smart ass comments!

13. screamingeagle

Well, darn, nobody responded to my question.

Maybe I just don't "get it." Maybe it's the XY chromosome thing :)

14. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

No, I don't consider that putting on a front. You have to be that way for the sake of your job & to be pleasant to your co-workers. It's a different story if you portrayed yourself as a completely different person & once that person has their guard down, the real you comes out. That's a front.

I think what you are doing is fine. You are still being yourself. You still do things & say things that make you who you are. We all get in shitty moods & such...and it's hard to bite the tongue & throw a smile on your face. It's great that you're able to do so.

15. screamingeagle

I'm very glad that you've said that! I've felt my whole life that maybe I was putting on a fake front, and that someday people are going to find out the "real" me. This makes me feel so much better! :)

16. barbie

barbie New Member

I can usually tell right away if a man or woman is putting on a front.I don't know why a person thinks he has to do that,unless he or she don't like themselves,or has something to hide.