Geminid meteor shower

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by awakened, Dec 9, 2010.

1. awakened

awakened New Member

For those interested in this kind of thing, it is happening the evening of Dec. 13 into morning of Dec. 14 . Check out news article on Yahoo news this a.m. , it gives all the details. :)

2. Beach

Beach New Member

definitely plan on catching that...

3. HardRocker

Gold Member

Thanks for the heads up. We are avid followers of celestial events, and the news media always ignores important stuff like that.

For those that care, a private company, Space X launched their rocket and dummy payload successfully into space yesterday. They expect to be re-supplying the ISS in 2011 and lifting astronaut crews in another year or two. They are currently launching from Cape Canaveral, Florida.

4. Texas_Red

Gold Member

I'd love to watch this, but there's no way I'm getting far enough away from Austin and such to really see it. I might be lucky to see a few really bright streaks from here.

5. sinner

sinner New Member

I don't mean to cross threads but sex outside during a meteor shower is very romantic. My wife and I were married in august. On the first night of our honeymoon in bermuda we took a blanket a bottle of champagne and two glasses to a secluded spot on the beach. Staring up at the sky we saw shooting stars. Well we got all corny about how it was a sign just for us thinking it was a random event. We made love under the stars like it was a hollywood story. It took us a year before we learned that the persaid meteor shower is the same time every year. We still look forward to it every year. Thanks for the tip on this event.

6. HardRocker

Gold Member

Meteor showers to commemorate your anniversary, pretty cool.

7. sinner

sinner New Member

it is cool though the night in bermuda was the day after our wedding. Stayed in a local hotel the night of our wedding and the sex was pretty lame. We were so tired but felt like we had to so we started making out when I got up to taking her bra off about a quater cup of rice fell out. Had been there all day. We couldn't stop laughing after thatso we screwed real fast just cause we felt like we were supposed to. So it was nice to have a memorable roll in the sand the next night and to have the meteor shower as an anniversary memento.