Gay?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Miles, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Miles

Miles New Member

Isnt it true that you have gay "stages" during adolosence. I want to proove my friend wrong :phat

2. Giancarlo

Giancarlo New Member

Well more girls experiment with the same sex.. than guys. Well I am in my adolescent years... and am gay... so I can't really answer that question because it isn't a stage.. just the way I am. ;)

3. Chanserv

Chanserv New Member

I would have to say, that it is partially true and un-true.

On the true side yes, some boys like to experiment with diffrent sexualities while they are young, but often will remain straight.

On the un-true side, most boys are most likely to sitck to what they feel is natural wether it be boys or girls.

4. jnrain

jnrain New Member

I wouldn't say that there is a "gay stage" during adolescence, but certainly a lot of guys and girls experiment with things that the may or may not decide are for them later in life. Experimentation is just a way of confirming or creating ones sexual identity.

5. farspark

farspark New Member

I'm bi but monogamous - and would dispute being considered a "straight" guy who has finished going thru a "gay stage".

The "Klein Sexuality Continuum" offers a fluid, multidimensional perspective of sexuality that I like and identify with, and describes individual's sexuality across a number of timeframes: past, present, future/ideal, then across different fields such as:
    sexual attraction
    sexual behaviour
    sexual fantasies
    emotional preference
    social preference
    lifestyle preference
    sexual identity
    political identity

For example, a guy might only want to have sexual intercourse with women, but wish for ther emotional, social, and lifestyle needs to be met only through relationships with men. Similarly, a women might primarily interact with men sexually and socially etc, but only fantasise about women.

Sexuality is fluid continuum. A web search for the "Klein Sexuality Continuum" leads to heaps of relevant websites on the topic.

6. KoenigNazgul

KoenigNazgul New Member

I'll be honest. For my whole life I've only been attracted to girls. A few months ago I was at a friends house and noticed a male friend of his that I thought was cute. I haven't felt too much more than that and am not ashamed at all of what I felt, why should I deny my feelings? Since that point in time I have noticed maybe two other men that I found attractive in that way. I don't really have the desire to go make out with them, but...

The first male that I saw I still run into maybe once a week or every other week and I still find myself quite attracted to him. I haven't told him nor our mutual friend whos house we met at.

No one in my circle of friends know about this except for my ex-girlfriend. I'm not looking for advice over it, except maybe from Giancarlo-he's just so damn sensible.

Just thought I'd share that a generally straight man can appreciate what other men may have to offer.

P.S. She's not my ex over this situation, not whatsoever.

7. Giancarlo

Giancarlo New Member

Sorry I just saw your post. Well... these could just be some feelings of curiousity...

8. slickncrazy

slickncrazy New Member

You mean for you it isn't a stage?

9. Giancarlo

Giancarlo New Member

No it isn't a stage... little jerk.

10. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Now Now, don't be rude.

11. slickncrazy

slickncrazy New Member

I wasn't trying to be rude.

12. Giancarlo

Giancarlo New Member

Well then, I got a question.. is your heterosexuality a phase, slickncrazy?

13. farspark

farspark New Member

My bisexuality is a phase - It will probably finish shortly after I'm dead :D .

14. farspark

farspark New Member

Does that sound far worse than I meant it? :ugh

15. Logger

Gold Member

Dear Giancarlo,

Are you willing to tell us more about your Avatars site? I visited it, but I don't understand it. Do you make custom Avatars for a fee?

I sometimes post under Homosexuality, although I am not really an expert on sensitivity, so please give me feedback also, if I am being insensitive in some way.

Blessings

16. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

I'm not sure it's 'his' website. He just would like to share it with others. It's dead now anyways. Next time, can you use the private messaging features if you have a question to ask another user? :)

17. Giancarlo

Giancarlo New Member

That isn't my site.. it is long dead sadly. There were some good avatars on that.

18. s1ng1nf00l

s1ng1nf00l New Member

I do have my phases... I am straight, but sometimes when I'm masturbating, I think of penises... That, however, is completely normal, because when you jack off, you are holding a penis, so you are very prone to think of one... Other than that, I love boobs...

19. touchzing

touchzing New Member

We all have to come to grips with our sexual attractions at some point in our development. It is normal for people to feel some level of attraction for people of both sexes. That doesn’t mean that one acts on it or even fantasizes about acting on it. A “stage” sounds like this period of self discovered happens for a time and then is resolved. I don’t believe most people ever full resolve their issues about sexual attraction. We learn who we feel most comfortable with emotionally, socially and sexual and we make decisions based on that comfort zone.