gay marriage

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by yankeefan92, Apr 21, 2011.

1. yankeefan92

yankeefan92 Banned

what do you think ? im bi but i dont think men/men or women/women should be able to marry. fucked up or what ? lmao. people bitch to much over it, the country has bigger problems.

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

You just stepped on A LOT of toes darling.

Fucked up? No, you want to know what's fucked up? Stars who get married for a few hours and then get it annulled and THATS OK? Or how a man and women who don't know each other one bit can tie the knot just because their a man and woman. Or how someone can pay another person to marry them for a green card to stay in the country, or how there is still to this day mail order brides or CHILD brides for that matter.

How about how a gay couple doesn't have rights when it comes to visitations while in the hospital? How their partner can be on their fucking death bed but because of closed minded assholes who feel like gay/lesbian couples shouldn't have rights, only the family can visit and their life partner is stuck sitting in the fucking waiting room pacing corners and waiting to hear the word that the person they've loved the most has passed away. THATS fucked up.

Every couple, be it man/man woman/woman man/woman should have equal rights when it comes to love. EVERY FUCKING ONE OF THEM.

Being able to legally bind your love under your God(s) or any deity you believe in isn't fucked up at all.

And it's absolutely no laughing matter. Grow the fuck up.

3. nurseharley

Gold Member

i think he meant its fucked up that he's bi but doesn't agree with gay marriage, which is pretty odd....

but either way, this won't be pretty

4. Meee

Gold Member

I agree. This is trolling. Ask the mods to delete this thread.

5. yankeefan92

yankeefan92 Banned

wow so i can like dick so that means i have to want to marry it !? thats like saying "your black you dont like the police" thats bullsh** dont give me that. i dont think its appropriate for them to marry its regilous and region says the same sexes cant marry

6. nurseharley

Gold Member

7. yankeefan92

yankeefan92 Banned

by that i mean, some people think gays not being able to marry is a huge problem, that its infringing on their rights, well i think alot of other things need to be taken care of and people who rant and rave over this all the time are accomplishing nothing to make the country better gay marriage just doesnt matter whats the big deal if you cant say your married ?

8. Mittimer

Gold Member

If that's the case, religion also states that if a woman marries and isn't a virgin that she's to be carried out into the streets and stoned to death.

Marriage is a legal contract.

It's not about religion or God. It's about having the opportunity to marry who you love.

I got married and the word "GOD" was not in my ceremony at all. Both my husband and I are Atheist.

9. Meee

Gold Member

Trolling. Ask the mods to delete this thread.

10. yankeefan92

yankeefan92 Banned

im not religious at all but this country is. i think that religion is extremely important to a nation. some things just need to stay classic. obviously im opposed to stoning of anytype im not a barbarian lol

11. yankeefan92

yankeefan92 Banned

your buggin

12. yankeefan92

yankeefan92 Banned

well yea thats fucked up. im only opposed to the marriage. gays are people so they should be able to do what ever they want, i just dont think marriage is appropriate, sorry .

13. Texas_Red

Gold Member

You realize this argument works both ways right? You use it to say that pushing *for* gay marriage is basically a waste of energy and there are better things to do. These same things are equally as important enough that all the energy being used to ban gay marriage could be put to better use as well.

14. Trond

Gold Member

Reading the first post, I actually don't think the OP is trolling.

This is the core of it for me. It has legal implications that do not apply to other couples. I can't see why gay couples shouldn't have the same rights. It USED to be a more religio-social thing. Still is to many people, but that's another matter.

If it had no legal implications, then yes I could see that it shouldn't matter much. I got married so that my girlfriend (now wife) wouldn't be deported. To me, it was just what had to be done under the circumstances. In other words, it was important legally.

15. HardRocker

Gold Member

Good point TR. So you must be wasting your time too, Yankeefan

16. yankeefan92

yankeefan92 Banned

i dont think theres more anti-gay marriage activists who refuse to improve their local govt. then there are gay marriage activists who refuse to take any part in govt except the "right" to gay marriage.

i agree, if it was just legal then fine fuck it let em do it. but its not lol

well i asked people for their opinions and people are just arguing with mine.

#16 yankeefan92, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2011
  17. HardRocker

Gold Member

So what is is you want to accomplish in this thread?

18. Kermit

Gold Member

It's funny, in my state Gay Marriage is HORRIBLE and BANNED yet "Incestuous" marriage is allowed. I use quotes but that's in the language of the guidelines on the official government website. I can see how a Bi guy though could oppose it, for the same reason any other man might want to avoid marriage to their woman lol, commitment issues aren't confined to any single orientation lol.

But as for my opinion, I oppose Gay Marriage for I think all marriage is wrong.

Sorry couldn't resist doing a Boondocks quote, but i say give them the chance to be miserable like the rest of us (couldn't resist that one either)

But as for my serious opinion..and all joking aside....why not? No real reason to oppose it, and actual reason to support it, in the interests of equality super-ceding any religious objection which i suspect most opposition lies. I hate to express it as apathetic as opposed to activist but it's kinda of a meh...issue to me as it does not directly affect me. I dont' go into the whole attitude that it makes LGBT (i think the more current acronym is longer but i can't remember it) community second-class citizens as they are just as protected, and are afforded the same rights (marriage issues and sodomy laws aside)and legal protections at least as individuals so such claims of second-class citizenship/opression/persecution is at the very least slightly exagerated. But to those who oppose it on moral grounds....like heterosexual marriage has been this great model of morality.

As for people making too big of a deal of it, I bet you money 50 years ago people said the same thing about Interracial Marriage. As for Civil Unions, that's some bullshit, as we learned with Jim Crow separate will NEVER be equal and smacks of discrimination just to say "it's just like marriage, only difference is in name!" If it's exactly like marriage, then call it marriage. To pussy-foot around the issue with a bullshit compromise doesn't make one more progressive than a pure anti-gay marriage position. Now if you felt this way about the institution of Marriage as a whole that'd be different, but you are making it clear in your posts that you're specifically referring to gay marriage.

#18 Kermit, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  19. brenda

brenda New Member

oh boy,.......

20. Texas_Red

Gold Member

I don't see how that is relevant to anything. Unless you want to go out on a limb and say that just because the same folks who oppose gay marriage are more active that they are somehow more right? Or that because they are accomplishing more (a subjective idea in itself there) that they are somehow more deserving of their agenda being pushed? I hope you can see how logically flawed that is.

I can guarantee that a large portion of the "output" and "accomplishment" these folks have put out has mostly been useless, and self serving at the least. In the end, they have no more right to have things pushed than anyone else.

It's called debate. Suck it up. :p

If it's not obvious by now, I think that there is no reason a man and another man can't elope (yeah I just quoted Eminem, sue me). I feel the same way about women. Marriage is not a religious thing, it existed in many forms before organized religion. Religion simply came along and did what it could to make us all feel guilty for natural inclinations; after all, who needs to pray for forgiveness if they don't feel they've done nothing wrong, right?

Also, since I think it relevant:
    [​IMG]